They are selling hero points in the gem store now

50 minutes ago, Malus.2184 said:

I think people would be more upset if it was impossible to get this feature anywhere else in the game.

They are though and have been in the game since 2017.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Proof_of_Heroics

And there are variants for PoF and EoD. The scroll is literally a noob trap as a similar item exists within the game and is far cheaper when purchased there.

can u buy wvw currency with real money? no

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Kiki.9450 said:

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=list+of+pay+to+win+games

A lot of games, especially mobile games as they have a greater outreach than PC or console, will use pay-to-win tactics to drain wallets. Not a hard concept.

This isn't literally that. This is "pay to skip."

I played korean mmos everyone regarded as p2w, I play mobile games. I havent seen a swipe exclusive power. But I see p2w in all of them in a form you name p2skip.

Its something you came up with. If there are lots of games one example wont be a problem.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

No it does not mean this and it never did, skiping does not help you being stronger compare to people who play and take a time doing it. Pay to Win would be if you can buy gear better than legendary ONLY in gem store, if you can buy food that is better than those craftable in the game, if you get lets say faster respawns in pvp, more stats in wvw/pve.....this is nothing like this. You simply need something that gives you "power" advantage over players who do not pay.
And even if there is such an item, it is very questionable in this game because EVERYTHING can be bought with in game golds. Which is very different from other games, BDO included. 

ok, u can take time to grind OR skip and buy a legendary in tp 🙂 which one is getting progress faster? u decide

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

No it does not mean this and it never did, skiping does not help you being stronger compare to people who play and take a time doing it. Pay to Win would be if you can buy gear better than legendary ONLY in gem store, if you can buy food that is better than those craftable in the game, if you get lets say faster respawns in pvp, more stats in wvw/pve.....this is nothing like this. You simply need something that gives you "power" advantage over players who do not pay.
And even if there is such an item, it is very questionable in this game because EVERYTHING can be bought with in game golds. Which is very different from other games, BDO included. 

also again, with ur logic, black desert isn't pay to win

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Pay-to-win implies that the players paying for items get an advantage. Considering just how ridiculously expensive gem store HP’s are (and how easy it is to train them in-game), I’d say that players who buy gem store HP’s are basically gimping themselves, wasting their gems for no good reason.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Batel.9206 said:

Here's a question for everyone who's arguing about pay-to-win:

What do you "win" in Guild Wars 2? How do you "win" this game?

Genuinely curious. 😕

How do you win any never ending live service game?

Are you going to say no such game can be p2w? So we can basically remove anything thats not a finite single player game or a competitive pvp game from p2w?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

I'll be strait: not happy with the implementation of hero points for gems.

Not because I deem it pay to win, but because it is a cash grab of new players which have no idea how little effort hero points are. Similar to the level 80 boost. It seems dishonest to increase grind left and right, then implement ways to skip the few actual enjoyable ways to progress your character. So from that point of view, I agree that this newest sale is off.

What I disagree with here though is the continuous Blizzard lap-dogging. We get it, some of you rediscovered your favorite MMO is WoW. That's fine, go and play that and be happy you are happy there, but spare us the "my MMORPG is better than your MMORPG" because no one gives a kitten.

EDIT:

this post was moved from a similar thread which premise was that Blizzard was better than Anet in the monetization department. Seems that other thread was closed and some posts moved over in case my statement makes less sense here.

I feel those could be there IF the account had a character already at lvl 80 with one full elite unlocked

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, SpyderArachnid.5619 said:

You worked for that currency and rewarded yourself for your work by buying HP unlocks.

It's a bit different than just opening your wallet and swiping to have your HPs done. No effort and faster to boot.

To play devil's advocate tho, you worked for that RW currency, and if you choose to reward yourself with this, how is that anyone else's problem or business?

The Lv80 gives you 398 HP, enough to fully unlock the core. To fully unlock all especs, you need 250 more. To me this looks more like both a QoL thing for alt-o-holics, and/or an add-on to the Lv80 booster. At worst, it's pay-to-skip.

If someone wants to spend RW money on that and then have no idea how to play their character, that's their business.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

Pay-to-win implies that the players paying for items get an advantage. Considering just how ridiculously expensive gem store HP’s are (and how easy it is to train them in-game), I’d say that players who buy gem store HP’s are basically gimping themselves.

well that's even worse than blatant p2w...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

No game is p2w with that logic. Meanwhile swiping for leggies

xdxd, people might "win" online discussions but they can't bend reality, the p2w or not discussion is one of the worse things ever in gaming as a service, people wanna defend shady money grab... man just why, seems like gw2 is all they are, gw2 is their soul

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Cuks.8241 said:

Are you going to say no such game can be p2w? So we can basically remove anything thats not a finite single player game or a competitive pvp game from p2w?

...huh? Pretty sure I never mentioned other games.

No, I'm asking what there is in GW2, specifically GW2, that is pay-to-win. How do you win in this game? What constitutes "wining"? (Aside from fashion wars. 😜)

I just want to know why people are having conniptions over P2W in this game when it seems like there's nothing that fits that definition.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

To play devil's advocate tho, you worked for that RW currency, and if you choose to reward yourself with this, how is that anyone else's problem or business?

The Lv80 gives you 398 HP, enough to fully unlock the core. To fully unlock all especs, you need 250 more. To me this looks more like both a QoL thing for alt-o-holics, and/or an add-on to the Lv80 booster. At worst, it's pay-to-skip.

If someone wants to spend RW money on that and then have no idea how to play their character, that's their business.

real world should not have this kind of impact ingame and vice versa

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

No, they are saying that swiping and buying gemstore junk won't give you an advantage. This is not APB where you could pay 10€ or more per month to gain access to weapons that are better than what people not paying have access to.

P2W is thrown around so much, that now it's even used as a synonim for real money purchases. My alt has no Legendaries, I don't even intend on getting any and strangely, my Scrapper there is on the same level as on my main. 
Once Anet adds an item to the gemstore that you can only get with real money that gives you an advantage then you can cry P2W. Paying to skip going for HPs, unlocking waypoints and so on is not P2W. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2