They are selling hero points in the gem store now

• SpyderArachnid.5619 changed the title to They are selling hero points in the gem store now

I mean you can already swipe your credit card for best gear, for gold, for instant max lvl, unlocking waypoint which helps greatly with exploration. You can swipe for a bunch of qol. You can swipe to trivialise traversal (t2friend...).

So I dont see how this changes anything and how this is against gw2 philosophy. Its already as p2w as it can get.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 21
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Does not bother me, I am skipping all HPs with WvW currency for years. I know it is different but if people are willing to pay for it.....

The slippery slope that it represents is probably the bigger issue. Selling HP compared to other things is unusual.

Edited by Judge Dread.9078
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Does not bother me, I am skipping all HPs with WvW currency for years. I know it is different but if people are willing to pay for it.....

Yeah but you're using in game currency, not cash.

2 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

I mean you can already swipe your credit card for best gear, for gold, for instant max lvl, unlocking waypoint which helps greatly with exploration. You can swipe for a bunch of qol. You can swipe to trivialise traversal (t2friend...).

So I dont see how this changes anything and how this is against gw2 philosophy. Its already as p2w as it can get.

It's a bit different, as buying gold is not directly buying power. If you buy gold, then you still have to buy stuff ingame with the gold you bought. You can't buy Ascended gear with gold, instead you have to buy the mats. Which means you still have to level crafting to make it. So, you can't directly buy the best gear.

Now if they actually sold Ascended gear in the gem store, it would be a whole different story. Then you are directly buying the gear with cash. Which you can't actually do.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6

7 minutes ago, SpyderArachnid.5619 said:

Yeah but you're using in game currency, not cash.

Sure but it is still skipping the content. People can just convert golds into gems and skip it aswell, not like every spend money for gems. Yes, I know, new players do not have golds....the point is buying HPs for whatever currency, does not make you better in the game, does not affect any other player, it just does not matter at all basically, in pvp you have all unlocked if you just own the expansion, in pve you play whatever you want, if you do not have elite specs you are either fine or get kicked, only where it can make you "stronger" is wvw....where you can get currency to buy HPs already.

Edited by Cernoch.8524
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

So you've been playing the game and were rewarded for your efforts?

Yeah that's how it's supposed to be... You seem to be missing the point here entirely.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

NVM, thought we were talking about the mastery potions from the WV; please ignore...

You still have to get the mastery points to unlock skills; you can't buy those (yet).

Wait, you can buy hero points now?  No more HP trains through HoT or PoF?  Where's the fun in that?

Edited by Baddxian.3851
not enough coffee...
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Wing.5819 said:

So you've been playing the game and were rewarded for your efforts?

Yeah that's how it's supposed to be... You seem to be missing the point here entirely.

Not really, my point is, why THIS change bother people more than WPs or lvl 80 boosters when this change does not affect any other players in any way....read my post below.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Wing.5819 said:

I'll be quitting if that isn't promptly removed.

I will absolutely not play any Pay to Win game. I don't give a kitten that I have 10+ years in this game. 

I mean...chances of them removing it are almost zero, I would think.

Mind you, I don't like it either. But saying you will leave if it isn't removed is just silly.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

Sure but it is still skipping the concent. People can just convert golds into gems and skip it aswell, not like every spend money for gems. Yes, I know, new players do not have golds....the point is buying HPs for whatever currency, does not make you better in the game, does not affect any other player, it just does not matter at all basically, in pvp you have all unlocked if you just own the expansion, in pve you play whatever you want, if you do not have elite specs you are either fine or get kicked, only where it can make you "stronger" is wvw....where you can get currency to buy HPs already.

That is the point of it though. You are spending in game currency to unlock stuff. Currency you earned playing the game. You are not spending real life money to do it.

As for the waypoint unlock in the gem store, sure. I get that. But waypoints are simple. You can just walk past them and they are unlocked. No effort.

Hero points on the other hand, usually require you to work for them. Fighting an Elite or a Champion or several mobs at once. Some (specifically talking about HoT ones), might require more than one player to complete as they are rather tough. Hero points also count as events. Expansion hero points (mainly those in HoT and some in PoF) require actual effort to earn.

Now you can just buy them with real money. It's much different than buying a waypoint unlocker.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8

6 minutes ago, Wing.5819 said:

I know how to feel about it....

I'll be quitting if that isn't promptly removed.

I will absolutely not play any Pay to Win game. I don't give a kitten that I have 10+ years in this game. 

How are they winning the game if they unlock some hero points via the gem store?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

6 minutes ago, Wing.5819 said:

It's not silly if it's true. I actually have integrity and the courage of my convictions.

Pay to Win is an automatic game ender.

But then just say you're quitting. They aren't going to remove an implemented store item. That's more specifically what I meant. 

Also, I don't agree it's pay to win, even if I don;t like the idea of it.

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Like 6
  • Confused 3