Hammer Time! It feels good and is a lot more fun now, thank you!

Nero.7369

Previously hammer guardian falls short on immobilisation in doing backwarg duty on wing 3. The refresher on Glacial Blow is going to allow this role to be performed really well as well as in PvP. H3->H2->H4->H2 is a really strong combo especially against foes that uses distance for survival. The immobilisation and consistent application of chill and the shadowstep helps in fighting against obstacles. Dragonhunter and Core are the best fit for hammer.

30k DPS CORE Autos w only a few skills with no cast time, so you won't possibly interrupt your rotation. Its like rifle mecha but with slightly better numbers. 

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAIx7lJwmYUMM2JO0L+raA-DWRYBhzfOqRBlRtFQFJgt/AohCzAAA-w

Well my feedback was mainly on the flow of hammer gameplay in wvw.
As xellink said it just has a much better combo play now. Specially With the port on Skills 2
Also the speed up of the skills like Skill 3 help the better flow feeling. Tho i still feel it could be a bit wider, because it still misses quite often.
Hitting multiple people with hammer skill 4 was really needed as well in larger fights.

Imo It's still not on par with the greatsword imo, specially when fightinting those nasty cele stuff who just facetank your hammer 2 with about 3k damage.
But that's not an issue of the hammer but the overall current state of the gaming with all those damage reductions. Over all it offeres a different kind of playstyle that is enoyable and i really like that.

The 30k autoattack is a really a nice meme build gaining profit of a faster autoattack chain with those symbol procs. The faster autoattack was really needed tho^^

On 12/1/2023 at 10:33 AM, Nero.7369 said:

Imo It's still not on par with the greatsword imo

What might save Hammer is the barrier buff it got. I've already had a few clutch plays thanks to the barrier. In fact it has made me more self-concious when I decide to use it. When it hits 3 people it's quite nice.

Edited by Saiyan.1704

Well nice to have it on top but usually Zealot's Embrace is a Burst Setup Skill for me 😄

I'd really with to have Ring of Warding to give Intial Barrier and also placing the symbol of protection below you. ofc with either reducing cd or giving out 2sec prot per pulse and removing the symbol from aa.

On 12/1/2023 at 1:56 AM, xellink.7568 said:

Previously hammer guardian falls short on immobilisation in doing backwarg duty on wing 3. The refresher on Glacial Blow is going to allow this role to be performed really well as well as in PvP. H3->H2->H4->H2 is a really strong combo especially against foes that uses distance for survival. The immobilisation and consistent application of chill and the shadowstep helps in fighting against obstacles. Dragonhunter and Core are the best fit for hammer.

30k DPS CORE Autos w only a few skills with no cast time, so you won't possibly interrupt your rotation. Its like rifle mecha but with slightly better numbers. 

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAIx7lJwmYUMM2JO0L+raA-DWRYBhzfOqRBlRtFQFJgt/AohCzAAA-w

If you're going to assume 100% resolution uptime, why are you even going into virtues? Wouldn't Honor be a dps increase and less buttons to press?

My autoattack build, literally pressing no buttons (except 1 at the start) does 27k and doesn't rely on resolution: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWQAIlJwmYUMMGJO0LqpXA-DCPAAA-e

I've been running this build for over a year now in open world and I love it.

Edited by Yaki.9563

Spvp perspective:  Hammer is better but that's it.

#1:  Much smoother auto's

#2:  Nothing to say here, short range smash

#3: Better but has bad tracking against super-speed targets

#4:  Still can't land this on a snail

#5:  Still can't land this without judge's intervention

Score:  2/5.  It's better overall but landing key skills is no different.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Yaki.9563 said:

If you're going to assume 100% resolution uptime, why are you even going into virtues? Wouldn't Honor be a dps increase and less buttons to press?

My autoattack build, literally pressing no buttons (except 1 at the start) does 27k and doesn't rely on resolution: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWQAIlJwmYUMMGJO0LqpXA-DCPAAA-e.

Writ of persistence makes hammer 1 really strong now, but you lose unscathed contender and inspiring virtue. Imagine if you are forced out of range, you have the option to swap to bow. Also Indomitable courage is a break stun and group stab with no cast time.

With honor, you are pretty much committed to melee range, have a slightly lower DPS compared to virtues, but gain somewhat situational group support and some green numbers. Sometimes green numbers are needed, sometimes they are not, they just don't fit most situations I have experienced. Barrier would be useful but this is not barrier.

21 hours ago, Arken.3725 said:

Spvp perspective:  Hammer is better but that's it.

#1:  Much smoother auto's

#2:  Nothing to say here, short range smash

#3: Better but has bad tracking against super-speed targets

#4:  Still can't land this on a snail

#5:  Still can't land this without judge's intervention

Score:  2/5.  It's better overall but landing key skills is no different.

Then you are using it wrong. 

• Confused 3

On 12/4/2023 at 4:44 AM, Yaki.9563 said:

My autoattack build, literally pressing no buttons (except 1 at the start) does 27k and doesn't rely on resolution: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWQAIlJwmYUMMGJO0LqpXA-DCPAAA-e

I have made adjustments to your honor variant to increase DPS. Radiant fire doesn't make sense. Feel My Wrath has a cast time and reduces DPS, assuming boon uptime area already met, so i swapped it for SoC