If the population isnt low, what is the issue?

Last Crab.6054

On 11/30/2023 at 12:57 AM, Last Crab.6054 said:

What is the issue if we have 11 million active players Anet?

You could have 100 billion pvp players in this game but if they are all Silver 2 players, then it doesn't mean jack.

Player quality had been an issue for a very long time. There just isn't enough plat players in this game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 12/1/2023 at 12:35 PM, Mazinger.1084 said:

Nah, I'll pass on your take (because that's what it is).  Let anet make a new map or two, adjust matchmaking, remove duo queue and add some new exclusive rewards to sPvP and we'll see how low the population would be.  Players left the mode because it's stagnant, not because "GW2 is massive open world events, and massive castle sieges".  Open world has always been there and no one begrudges the work they've done for that style of play.  The people that still play PvP do so because they know there is nothing else like it in the market, and you're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.  I couldn't care less about what PvE content is in the game or what the majority likes... that's never been an excuse.  Stop shifting the blame over to irrelevant things... this lies squarely on anet's poor decision-making.

Most people play pvp games for fun and/or competition. They don't need regular new maps. They don't need PvE rewards. You can't really adjust matchmaking when no one plays.

The person you're responding to is right. It's copium. People choose to compete in other games where there is competition and being a certain rank, pulling off combos, making plays on the map or being able to play a particular well build or character matters. You can't really say that about any Guild Wars 2 pvp. And that's not to shame people who've invested thousands of hours into "getting good" at this game but lets be real here... you have to question this time investment with such a small playerbase. Why? Why not see how good you are at a game people play?

Hopefully the developers look at it from all angles and don't think it's a simple problem of rewards or lack of maps because it's not. If that was the only problem tens of thousands would be playing pvp. You see games exactly like this. Incredibly flawed but still tens of thousands of daily users. That doesn't even describe the combined sPvP and WvW scene on a typical day. And that should be setting off alarm bells in anyone seriously trying to explain why no one does sPvP. It comes down to the fundamental experience, the combat design, the formats of PvP, the team play or lack of it. That's why the populations are so, so bad. It's not window dressing like map variety and duo queue and lack of exclusive rewards.

Edited by Leger.3724
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 11:09 PM, Sovarica.4368 said:

I've been noticing this beta weapon event seems to have a lot of empty maps and PvP doesn't seem to be buzzing as well. I think the game is on it's last fumes and it was a nice ride while it lasted. Farewell GW2 lol

The game will not die aslong as the PvE content doesn't be come trivial and dry like it has in ESO. I mean every expansion they raise the level cap.... Ah I mean release some new thing we need to collect and master. 

Gliders, Mounts, Jade bot/skiffs, Weapon/Flying Masteries and Rifts. 

Edited by Mell.4873

2 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

The game will not die aslong as the PvE content doesn't be come trivial and dry like it has in ESO. I mean every expansion they raise the level cap.... Ah I mean release some new thing we need to collect and master. 

Gliders, Mounts, Jade bot/skiffs, Weapon/Flying Masteries and Rifts. 

ESO will be online long after GW2 closes doors

10 minutes ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

ESO will be online long after GW2 closes doors

True but have you tried to play its PvE, ever since the level 50 standardisation all PvE content is trivial. If you want a Horizontal experience, ESO is the king of being easy after you get end game gear. 

ESO: New expansion drops = no challenge

GW2: New expansion drops = learn a new mechanic or die trying. 

Edited by Mell.4873

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

True but have you tried to play its PvE, ever since the level 50 standardisation all PvE content is trivial. If you want a Horizontal experience, ESO is the king of being easy after you get end game gear. 

imagine you dont play any PvE at all... 

Than a new expansion in gw2 means nothing, but unbalanced builds reaking havoc for 2 months.

52 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

imagine you dont play any PvE at all... 

Than a new expansion in gw2 means nothing, but unbalanced builds reaking havoc for 2 months.

Yeah, most PvP and especially conquest players will leave the game during that time. 

WvW will still see some play but even now I barely see people roam, but I am on a popular servers so it more like small skirmishes.

Over all PvP or 1v1 is dead. I laugh when I duel in WvW since people run away at first sign of death. 

Edited by Mell.4873

23 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

This game is a challenge? Where?

On 12/4/2023 at 1:01 AM, Mell.4873 said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2450010/Guild_Wars_2_Secrets_of_the_Obscure_Expansion/

For 11 years+ Guild Wars 2 remain the Gaming Industry most Ant-Competitive Game 

One Shot, Anti-Counter-Anti-Competitive-Exploitive-Hack and Cheat Stealth Mechanic, Toxic Profession Design, Toxic Game Design, Toxic Mechanic/Skill Design, Anti-Profession Role/Indentity, Toxic Control Effects-Perma-Pull-Immobolize, Toxic Game Environment-Spamming amd Spreading Aoe's UnControllably Everywhere.....Treating Wintrade-Botting-AFK-Botting-Exploits-Hacking-Cheating As Game Features, Anti-Healthy Competitive Experience for the players, Reusable+Rinse+Repeat Expansion 'Game Features", Using Cash-Grab Entraptment Tactics by GemStore etc......

What is there to learn when the players and The Community Experience are treated as Profit-Transaction instead of treating us like human beings to Communicate in resolving our concerns especially for 11 consequtive years?

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

This game is a challenge? Where?

I frequently help new players in their story instances for most Expansions

55 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2450010/Guild_Wars_2_Secrets_of_the_Obscure_Expansion/

For 11 years+ Guild Wars 2 remain the Gaming Industry most Ant-Competitive Game 

One Shot, Anti-Counter-Anti-Competitive-Exploitive-Hack and Cheat Stealth Mechanic, Toxic Profession Design, Toxic Game Design, Toxic Mechanic/Skill Design, Anti-Profession Role/Indentity, Toxic Control Effects-Perma-Pull-Immobolize, Toxic Game Environment-Spamming amd Spreading Aoe's UnControllably Everywhere.....Treating Wintrade-Botting-AFK-Botting-Exploits-Hacking-Cheating As Game Features, Anti-Healthy Competitive Experience for the players, Reusable+Rinse+Repeat Expansion 'Game Features", Using Cash-Grab Entraptment Tactics by GemStore etc......

What is there to learn when the players and The Community Experience are treated as Profit-Transaction instead of treating us like human beings to Communicate in resolving our concerns especially for 11 consequtive years?

Okay.... maybe you should be the one that doesn't play this game if all you site is negatives.

My only point is the PvE player base is happy, PvP is not the focus of this game anymore.

I frequently help new players in their story instances for most Expansions

Okay.... maybe you should be the one that doesn't play this game if all you site is negatives.

My only point is the PvE player base is happy, PvP is not the focus of this game anymore.

You accuse me of 'negatives' 

1. PvE was always treated as Anet's 'Exceptional' Game Mode with clear focused since day 1. 

2. PvP was always treated as a Vacation Getaway Resort Game Mode for AFK's, Toxic Abuse, Wintraders, Botters, Exploiters, Hackers and Cheaters, 

3. WvW was always treated as a Cheerleader Resort Game Mode for Exploits, Hacking and Cheating, Abusers, Toxic Abuse

You ignore the truth when it's staring you in the face.

“The Truth was staring me in the face, but I let you easily persuade me with lies on top of lies. You made a fool of me over and over again and I allowed you to control my thoughts…you never cared. You didn’t give a kitten. I was blind to the truth…and what was so crazy is that the truth and the red flags were waving me down, but I thought I could change you. However, the only person it changed was me.”

You want a talk about 'negative'?? How about entrapping players including new players to pay to win with their credit cards with the next Gem Store upcoming 'Competitive Experience'.

How about a Game Company with 11 years+ of History of not giving a Kitten of what you or I have to say?

How about that??

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

You accuse me of 'negatives' 

1. PvE was always treated as Anet's 'Exceptional' Game Mode with clear focused since day 1. 

2. PvP was always treated as a Vacation Getaway Resort Game Mode for AFK's, Toxic Abuse, Wintraders, Botters, Exploiters, Hackers and Cheaters, 

3. WvW was always treated as a Cheerleader Resort Game Mode for Exploits, Hacking and Cheating, Abusers, Toxic Abuse

You ignore the truth when it's staring you in the face.

“The Truth was staring me in the face, but I let you easily persuade me with lies on top of lies. You made a fool of me over and over again and I allowed you to control my thoughts…you never cared. You didn’t give a kitten. I was blind to the truth…and what was so crazy is that the truth and the red flags were waving me down, but I thought I could change you. However, the only person it changed was me.”

You want a talk about 'negative'?? How about entrapping players including new players to pay to win with their credit cards with the next Gem Store upcoming 'Competitive Experience'.

How about a Game Company with 11 years+ of History of not giving a Kitten of what you or I have to say?

How about that??

Okay this is going no where I think your disillusioned position speaks for itself. 

Okay this is going no where I think your disillusioned position speaks for itself. 

Delusional

"False Promises, Broken Promises, Emotional Manipulation, Betrayal, Secrets, Lies, Control, Deception, Abuse of Power, Counterfit Concern, Exploitation, Sabotage, Neglect" 

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Delusional

"False Promises, Broken Promises, Emotional Manipulation, Betrayal, Secrets, Lies, Control, Deception, Abuse of Power, Counterfit Concern, Exploitation, Sabotage, Neglect" 

My whole point is the game won't die if they keep supporting PvE...... Seems fair.