Dagger Mirage Supremacy

Waffles.5632

Context:

- Holo was in 4 man premade, talking mad gibberish the whole game while hiding behind 2 support mesmers.

- Druid was also in premade, I think duo queue ranked IIRC.

- Willbender, also, in another premade 😂

- I play casually. I'm not out to be the best or win anything, I just like playing mirage in pvp, that's all.

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAgq7lRwAZSsLmJO8L3vKA-Dax8QKQCkpCobhgjHAA

Relic: Demon Queen (site doesn't have it as option yet)

Thoughts:

This build isn't actually too far out of bounds balance wise, I think it's the demon queen relic that should be nerfed over anything else. That poison is too good on builds that can spam CC but it is also the perfect anti bunker tool atm soooooo 🤷‍♂️

Sometimes I'll go swashbuckler ammy and have sword as swap if I feel the enemy team is very anti-projectile heavy. So it's dagger/pistol + sword/shield for those matches. Sometimes I'll go Marauder ammy and have GS on swap. I am still experimenting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I sincerely do not know why.... but everytime i see someone clicking a skill, something quietly whispers in my ear:   " Learn to play".

And then i have to really really really keep it tight to not be mean on the internet.

Edited by Sahne.6950

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I sincerely do not know why.... but everytime i see someone clicking a skill, something quietly whispers in my ear:   " Learn to play".

I love you all as friends and -truely- as brothers in the eyes of our allmighty Lord, but I think this whole rageposting meme every time someone clicks a skill has aged way past its prime, and now it's just straight up boring.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

And then i have to really really really keep it tight to not be mean on the internet.

It's every time, not everytime. 😘

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

Needs sig of illusions, that amulet sucks, go big or go home - sinister necromancer or rabid undead .

Mirror heal prob better tbh. 

Signets are a crutch on mes because you end up going signet trait in the end so that's a no for me dog!

I'mma always stick with domi/dueling in pvp kuz powerblock lets me interact with downed states properly. I thought of Mirror Heal but Oasis gives me a clone + mirror + vigor so really hard to give up. Will be trying those other ammies tho ty!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Waffles.5632 said:

Signets are a crutch on mes because you end up going signet trait in the end so that's a no for me dog!

I'mma always stick with domi/dueling in pvp kuz powerblock lets me interact with downed states properly. I thought of Mirror Heal but Oasis gives me a clone + mirror + vigor so really hard to give up. Will be trying those other ammies tho ty!

I feel you but nah, 3 more mirrors on distortion too good. Also if you play with power block I can't pass up mantra of distraction. Too good with pistol trait and reducing the cooldown of f3

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Eddie.9143 said:

I feel you but nah, 3 more mirrors on distortion too good. Also if you play with power block I can't pass up mantra of distraction. Too good with pistol trait and reducing the cooldown of f3

You know, you're right. I didn't think about that interaction with distortion and signet. I'mma still shy away from signets but I can see a lot more value in it now.

And I used to run mantra until around eod launch! I think my bias is I've used it so much that I just like the change of pace that feedback offers with the projectile reflect, but totally agree it's probably the best skill to use alongside powerblock+pistol traits.

Also been trying out sinister ammy as well so ty again hahaha, I wasn't initially impressed by the numbers, because 500 vit seemed like a lot to give up for +200 condi and some more crit chance, but wow do I notice a difference. I really don't like playing anything sub 18k hp since EoD era, but man does sinister ammy bite hard.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Eddie.9143 said:

with dagger ambush you land plenty of interrupts already. You can allow yourself some self-survivability, the mantra becomes very redundant at that point.

• Like 2

Just now, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

with dagger ambush you land plenty of interrupts already. You can allow yourself some self-survivability, the mantra becomes very redundant at that point.

This is what I found as well, especially since CC's don't stack they overwrite. If I spam I end up overwriting magic bullet CC with dagger CC. I think if I just had better and more consistent timing I could really shut down someone 1v1 with weaving in mantra between ambushes and pistol, but I really hate rangers, DE's, and holo's so feedback is just a joy atm for me.

I have been thinking of orienting the build more towards a side noder playstyle tho so mantra is on my mind again now 😆

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

I really hate rangers, DE's, and holo's so feedback is just a joy atm for me

For rangers there's nothing you can do if they run the bubble, everything you do is projectile oriented. For DE you can't do anything too, since they can disengage at will and you won't land any rupt against them. For holosmiths however you can wait their blocks with stealth (which is also useful in pretty much any situation when you need to reposition), so that's what I'd take, either decoy or signet of midnight.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

For rangers there's nothing you can do if they run the bubble, everything you do is projectile oriented. For DE you can't do anything too, since they can disengage at will and you won't land any rupt against them. For holosmiths however you can wait their blocks with stealth (which is also useful in pretty much any situation when you need to reposition), so that's what I'd take, either decoy or signet of midnight.

I'mma try out decoy ty!

3 minutes ago, Kolzar.9567 said:

Your only condi clear is jaunt? 

As a Mirage if I dodge properly then I never have to worry about condi's 🤡 at least that's what I tell myself.

• Like 1