Increasing the number of autocasts

Before asking for changes (especially ones that could have a huge impact on the game, negative or positive) the best course of actions would be to ask what can be done to help with your issues in game.

Also what have you done to try to solve the issues you face? Have you researched Li builds (easy Google or YouTube search)? Do you have the right gear? Do you understand what skills do? What are your key bindings, do they best suit your layout and reach? Do you practise rotation? Do you have enough in game experience to adjust to different scenarios? Have you experimented with other classes that might better suit your playstyle?

Identifying what is causing your issues is the first step to try and solve these issues. It might take some time and practise but I believe most people can improve with the right resources and effort. A lot of the gw2 community are really helpful if you ask politely.

Edited by Dibit.6259
Typos
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Passerbye.6291 said:

https://dps.report/9uUD-20231208-135347_golem
5-button condi virtuoso btw, since you wanted mesmer, your move champ.

Edit: Here, have one with 3 buttons, didn't even use weapon 2 and 3.
https://dps.report/sFSn-20231208-140259_golem

Do that with Power Gear that is stapled of instanced content 

On 12/7/2023 at 8:54 AM, Passerbye.6291 said:

You can do 26k dps with hammer mechanist with 0 additional input other than pressing auto attack once at the start of a fight.
As mentioned above you can do above 25k dps with 1 or 2 buttons on mirage.
Herald does 29k, potentially 30k dps with 3 buttons (assassin stance: impossible odds, stance swap, dwarf stance: vengeful hammers), this build can also use speed relic and rising momentum trait to move at capped speed so long as you have swiftness. Alternately, you can play a quickness herald by changing 1 trait and permanently provide quickness and over 15 stacks of might while doing less personal damage.
There is currently a staff thief build that spams staff 3 along with 1 or 2 skills to restore initiative doing 28-30k dps (not sure on the exact number on this one) while also doing breakbar damage every hit, similarly, you can do pistol pistol unload spam with only 1 additional input for around 25k I believe and it goes up to 28k with 3 buttons.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Passerbye.6291 said:

Lmao, won't even grace that with a proper response.

I already told you , we reduce the boons to reduce the gap 

But i guess it will affect your speedrun Guild , or  your hypothetical World first clears , if more LI build come up 

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Woof.8246 said:

But i guess it will affect your speedrun Guild , or  your hypothetical World first clears , if more LI build come up 

I linked you a 5-button 33.9k dps log, wiggle all you want honey, not weaseling your way out of this one. Btw, that build happens to be one of the faster ramp up condi builds, also comes with ungodly amounts of self sustain, I'm talking over 1k per second, as well as a lot of CC if you need it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Passerbye.6291 said:

I linked you a 5-button 33.9k dps log, wiggle all you want honey, not weaseling your way out of this one. Btw, that build happens to be one of the faster ramp up condi builds, also comes with ungodly amounts of self sustain, I'm talking over 1k per second, as well as a lot of CC if you need it.

So , are you willing to allow the OP's Mesmers LI built to reach the height of other LI builds ?

15 hours ago, handicappergeneral.4316 said:

You're talking on golem, yes? Because my Mirage was doing about 4K during my last tests against Forged raiding parties. That includes dodging, 2, and 3.

The thing is, we keep finding ways to make things work, and then Anet keeps nerfing them, seemingly for no reason. The Vamp rune bonus was a staple for most of us LI players

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

So , are you willing to allow the OP's Mesmers LI built to reach the height of other LI builds ?

33.9 > 30, so yes, want some math lessons as well?

Btw, mirage is a low ramp up, clone-using mesmer build, it is and will always be bad for trash, remember about teaching a fish to fly? It still does over 25k with 1-2 buttons btw on a single target.

Edited by Passerbye.6291
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Can you better explain to me how you expect that reducing the boons will reduce the gap? Before alacrity and quick were introduced there was still a big gap between those who played with right gear, build and knowing/practising vs those who don't. The introduction of Li builds was to enable those who struggled to perform decent levels of damage with rotations of meta builds. Yes powercreep has happened but has also effected li builds (li build that we're doing about 15-20k now do 20-30k).

Edited by Dibit.6259
Typos
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Woof.8246 said:

The 3 version i see conditions right ?

Common , relax with the insult , we are just having a chat .

It's easy to see that people don't like more  LI builds , in case they effect any World first race

Thanks for the giggles, honestly, gets linked a fast ramp up 33.9k LI build (literally starts at 20k and reaches 30k in 8 seconds) and tries to nitpick on it by complaining that it is condi, not even understanding the damage composition of the linked build :D

Then accuses other people of not wanting LI builds. Would I have linked an almost 34k dps build that a toddler can be taught to play if I didn't want LI builds love?

Edited by Passerbye.6291
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Do that with Power Gear that is stapled of instanced content 

This is what we know as "moving the goalposts"

Virtuoso ramps up condi damage quickly on top of already having a fair bit of power damage. You haven't played in the last 1-2 years or something?

5 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

OP's Mesmer's LI build is already among the height of other LI builds. Considering you apparently haven't played this game for over a year it might be time to look around in the LI builds department and realize that Mesmer is still among the top when it comes to the combination of damage, survivability and ease of use.

Considering how pretty much every build listed here is under what Passerbye showed you while some even being harder to play should tell you that it might be time to stop moving the goalposts, because you'll soon arrive at "it doesn't do 30k DPS while the game plays itself" level.

LI builds are fine, but when full proper rotations are in the 40ks and you have builds that can do above 30k by pressing only 5 buttons or almost 30k while pressing 3 BUTTONS you're going overboard with accessibility. Right now the highest benchmark belongs to Mirage with 46k DPS. As Virtuoso, by pressing 5 buttons you can do 70%+ of that damage. Funnily enough, Virtuoso can do 80% of its bench with those 5 buttons.

And you're here crying that Mesmer doesn't have good LI options. Mesmer has been the go-to when you want to go through content without issues, first in the form of Mirage, and now there's Virtuoso to choose as well. 

If you wanna talk about LI builds and whatnot being up to date on the balance would help, a lot.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Passerbye.6291 said:

Then accuses other people of not wanting LI builds. 

Hmm...

On 12/7/2023 at 8:54 AM, Passerbye.6291 said:

That being said, can we please stop trying to turn the game into an autobattler by using people with disabilities as an excuse? Barring very, and I mean very, serious problems, you can do more than enough damage in this game. And I'll come out and say this, if you are unable press 1 button every minute or so, should the game change to accommodate that, or should you find alternate ways to make it possible for yourself to press 1 to 3 buttons? A lot of people with varying degrees of disabilities find ways to make their situation work. This game is already very accessible in its current form, I don't think it should be pushed into autobattler territory.

Oh well , good luck with that

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Hmm...

Oh well , good luck with that

Where's the part where he's against LI builds, because all I see there is that he's against simplifying the game even further as it's already simple enough.

In the last few years the game went from 1/3rd of the effort for 50% damage to 1/10th of the effort for 70-80% of the damage in terms of LI builds. You're complaining that people - that are linking LI builds and giving tips on how to use them, showcasing how strong they are despite taking almost no effort compared to regular builds - are against LI builds. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Where's the part where he's against LI builds, because all I see there is that he's against simplifying the game even further as it's already simple enough.

In the last few years the game went from 1/3rd of the effort for 50% damage to 1/10th of the effort for 70-80% of the damage in terms of LI builds. You're complaining that people - that are linking LI builds and giving tips on how to use them, showcasing how strong they are despite taking almost no effort compared to regular builds - are against LI builds. 

We shouldn't promote LI builds to the masses then , if they can clear content with fewer buttons

• Confused 4

11 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Is Passerbye.6291 your second account and you forgot to swap to it or something? So far the only person complaining about the damage numbers of LI builds and now straight up LI builds is you.

Nah

I want to get a feeling , about how people love/hate LI build after this time.

Accessibility vs World First , kind of thing

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 2

47 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Nah

I want to get a feeling , about how people love/hate LI build after this time.

Accessibility vs World First , kind of thing

I'm trying to make sense of what you're saying. Can you translate it to English? Are you confusing LI builds with games that play by themselves? I'm asking because literally noone complained about LI builds.

EDIT: Another thing I wanna add is that our friend hasn't played in a year, which kinda explains his "will tell me to play Engi" comment along with not understanding that essentially everything is capable of strong enough LI builds with some - such as Virtuoso - almost being on the level of average DPS bench from 2-3 years ago. 

Edited by IAmNotMatthew.1058
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

I'm trying to make sense of what you're saying. Can you translate it to English? Are you confusing LI builds with games that play by themselves? I'm asking because literally noone complained about LI builds.

EDIT: Another thing I wanna add is that our friend hasn't played in a year, which kinda explains his "will tell me to play Engi" comment along with not understanding that essentially everything is capable of strong enough LI builds with some - such as Virtuoso - almost being on the level of average DPS bench from 2-3 years ago. 

I want to see which is the most pressing issue here :

- The threat of 30k LI builds , might effect the Competitive side .

- The Li will be used for their intended purposes , so OW and Instanced population play together.

I would prefer to 'chop things down" (boons) which is the fastest option, but i guess for now we are going to the first one

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 4

23 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

- The Li will be used for their intended purposes , so OW and Instanced population play together.

I would prefer to 'chop things down" (boons) which is the fastest option, but i guess for now we are going to the first one

li builds are already in a solid spot, I don't know what you're trying to argue about here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

So.. you went from complaining that Mesmer has no good LI build, because OP wants to play Mesmer easily to.. whatever this is?
You're in a topic where a disabled person has issues with their profession not being strong enough when taking their limitations into consideration, people commenting here have been going on about mostly 2 things:
1. No need to further simplify the game, because the game is already simple enough
2. Giving tips, builds and explanations on what to swap to from Mesmer
You, on the other hand seem to be going on about how Mesmer is weak and... the solution to every LI build being balanced is nerfing boons, something people using LI builds often depend on to perform well in comparison to those who use full, proper builds. This is the point people are trying to convey to you. If you nerf boons it's not going magically balance everything, it will make everything weaker, including the "weaker LI builds" you want to be on par with others.. or whatever you want at this point.

Even after being proven that Mesmer is still among the top picks for LI gameplay considering you have a burstier option(Virtuoso) and a more survivable option(Mirage) you still move the goalposts to "but like this/that", jump over to accusing people of being against LI builds - because world's first clear... what? - even though pretty much everyone has been "yeah here's an LI build, play it like this, it should be good" and after that go on about LI builds threatening full builds or LI builds will fill their purpose and be used by people along normal builds...? 

This is why it's helpful to read the comments before commeting yourself, so that you won't end up posting nonsense noone's talking about as if it's what the topic's about.

Noone's talking about LI builds being bad - other than you - people are literally recommending different LI builds or how to retain most of the damage/survivability while simplifying builds as much as possible. You're the only one going on about how people are against LI builds and you're the one comparing LI builds to full builds. 

What is the point you're trying to make?

Edited by IAmNotMatthew.1058
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

Op's request is not hurting you, so whats the problem?

You'll know what the problem is when you read through the thread because it was already spelled out there. You're definitely welcome to get back with follow up questions after you read those though.

(and your post doesn't even answer the question I asked, at this point I don't understand why did you even quote me to then... not address anything I wrote?)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

If the OP has End of Dragons and a tier6+ jade bot, he has access to all of the boons for up to a couple of hours via the offensive/defensive charging stations. Boons are simply a non-issue in open world as a result. It sounds like he wants vamp rune benefit restored, which might happen in relic form when anet release the last parts of SotO.

• Like 1