winter day event

bossdonut.1938

1 hour ago, Player.2475 said:

If you do Bell Choir, you can get 29 wintersday gifts in 6-9 minutes and plenty of karma to buy more of them from the festival vendor. That can add up to around 1.5g at the current prices - 15% sales tax.

wow, now thats good advice.

someone told me to do the jumping puzzle for lots of presents, but i died 20 times and left in shame and disgrace, a failure and embarrassment to my guild and the divinity's reach province at large.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

wow, now thats good advice.

someone told me to do the jumping puzzle for lots of presents, but i died 20 times and left in shame and disgrace, a failure and embarrassment to my guild and the divinity's reach province at large.

Pro tip on that, the right hand path's snowflakes don't vanish.  You still have to keep moving thanks to the cold, you can still fall, but you have time to breathe and to get your bearings on the way up.  I think you get fewer gifts at the end for doing the easy route, but otoh a few is way more than none due to constant death on vanishing platforms.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Donari.5237 said:

Pro tip on that, the right hand path's snowflakes don't vanish.  You still have to keep moving thanks to the cold, you can still fall, but you have time to breathe and to get your bearings on the way up.  I think you get fewer gifts at the end for doing the easy route, but otoh a few is way more than none due to constant death on vanishing platforms.

i keep dying at the presents part actually. hmmm.

i think they call it the "skill issue"

• Haha 1

Honestly they’re in such abundance… So they’re fairly cheap. Buy them in bulk and that’s where the real gold is, but alas it is a gamble. 10 thousand gifts opened and not a even single big ticket item to resell for gold profit. Sadly.. and gambling in game has proved profitable. Just wasn’t my day. Could try your luck? Who knows you could obtain an item worth thousands and resell and get something you really want . 🥶

The statement about gambling of 'the house always win', is probably also true here for gift gambling.

If you could be X gifts, and know that one would make more money selling them than the gifts themselves are worth, there would at least be some players willing to do that to make gold.  And the result would be the price of gifts would go up, and the valuable items in those gifts would go down (more being sold on the TP).  I think the thing is that rare/super rare items have such a low chance of dropping that one might need to buy millions of gifts to even out the randomness.

26 minutes ago, Solvar.7953 said:

The statement about gambling of 'the house always win', is probably also true here for gift gambling.

If you could be X gifts, and know that one would make more money selling them than the gifts themselves are worth, there would at least be some players willing to do that to make gold.  And the result would be the price of gifts would go up, and the valuable items in those gifts would go down (more being sold on the TP).  I think the thing is that rare/super rare items have such a low chance of dropping that one might need to buy millions of gifts to even out the randomness.

Well it was, the first day of the winters event. Which is the best time to gamble before trading post prices fluctuate massively. Some items already have reduced in price due to the fact, looking at the music infusion which heavily dropped in price but if obtained is still a good sell including some of the other infusions and drops worth 500g-1kg or more per sell. And as the event continues I foresee some more items dropping in price, because there are quiet a bit of avid gamblers in the game, some of which are extremely wealthy in game and some of them made a killing gambling in game begin to with-myself included-back when dyes were all the rage and we didn’t have an abundance of them to choose from. Anyways, usually you can get away with 50k of said bags/gifts and obtain something that’s worth the payout if not more. With just a mere 10k gifts. I only lost 200g which is not bad, honestly, that can be made back in a matter of seconds when it comes to the TP. But, I will say hopping on the gift buy bulk gambling trend to resell any items opened does a nice payout. But again it is a gamble. There are some gamers with such a massive amount of gold, that I know personally who have gambled like 50k-100k gifts last night and made back 3-6x what they spent. So there’s that. I was unlucky 

And here I was happy when I finally broke 800g 😆. I need to find me an in game sugar daddy or something. I was wondering if it was better to just sell the gifts I collected or open them in hopes of something good. Well that and I just like clicking on stuff. 

11 hours ago, Qys.5937 said:

And here I was happy when I finally broke 800g 😆. I need to find me an in game sugar daddy or something. I was wondering if it was better to just sell the gifts I collected or open them in hopes of something good. Well that and I just like clicking on stuff. 

if you like clicking stuff then open is my advice.