Max range on Chaos and Frost Aura

18 hours ago, Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

How about we put a range cap on the on-hit effects on these auras? The condis form them are the strongest non damaging condis in game and with the lack of a max range they're about as oppresive as the old retalitation boon.

Sure. If said ranged attacks also get reduced range then…

or do you mean you wanna still snipe me with your ranger-lb2 without being affected by the downside instead of waiting for 2 seconds?

lol

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

On 12/23/2023 at 10:36 PM, CafPow.1542 said:

or do you mean you wanna still snipe me with your ranger-lb2 without being affected by the downside instead of waiting for 2 seconds?

lol

I have been in groups with permanent auras, 2 seconds u say?

A fix to that would be same aura can't be stacked in duration, and receiving a different type of aura would terminate previous aura for the new one, players would have to learn when to use one or another and with groups needs it.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

I have been in groups with permanent auras, 2 seconds u say?

A fix to that would be same aura can't be stacked in duration, and receiving a different type of aura would terminate previous aura for the new one, players would have to learn when to use one or another and with groups needs it.

And i did fight groups in the past that where able to constantly hit me from range. Are you saying that, in irder to be fair and squate, after somebody used a ranged attack, all the others should have a CD on their ranged attacks?

3 minutes ago, Chrome.9841 said:

Other than magnetic aura which it already supposed to reflect projectiles; I dont understand fire and frost aura mechanics. Why am i getting burned or chilled by using range attacks? They should be for melee attacks. 

magic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

21 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

And i did fight groups in the past that where able to constantly hit me from range. Are you saying that, in irder to be fair and squate, after somebody used a ranged attack, all the others should have a CD on their ranged attacks?

That's why rangers skill have CD's or u didn't know that???.... and their unblockables have limitations to bursts momentums. why should carry me Dady groups need permanent auras, permanent stability, permanent quickness etc etc?

The same way I want Anet to remove the +1 pip e-regen from deamon trait that makes infinite ventari dome up, even if I play herald/ventari build.

The big problem in this game is how some are entitled of I want this permanent so others can go fª themselves and that creates a balance problem.. sadly Anet is ok with the mentality of blob groups having all permanent is ok.

Note: reducing auras range would be far worse than make them avoid to stack up their duration, reduce range would hurt small scale combat more while keep favouring blobs in favour of spam n stack while it is  the overall problem in this game.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CafPow.1542 said:

magic

That does not change the fact that it is a magic mechanic with a bad design. That should be like that: If you have magnetic aura + any other auras, the projectiles you reflect give conditions depending on your other auras. Not the way we get conditions cuz of the arrow we are shooting.

Pretty sure people have complained about this before. 

It does get annoying af just sat in perma chill when trying to defend an objective. That being said if they add a simple los requirement should make it better but with cmc being an ele main and the balance team loving boonball sweat can't see them ever implementing this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

Average tempest players in wvw are something else kekw

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

That's why rangers skill have CD's or u didn't know that???.

And my skills that grant me auras don’t? Haha.

36 minutes ago, Nanoir.2315 said:

Average tempest players in wvw are something else kekw

That was meant to be a joke cause i can only laugh when i read salt about auras of all things.

t. „Oh no it’s so annoying getting mildly slowed at 1.2k range what am i gonna doooooo?“

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Most ele are tramucating there auras with in moments of getting them so target the tempest if the auras are getting to you. BUT aura are kind of an joke for there effect in this game they are very much out classed by blocks and condis soft/hard cc in an wvw setting. 

Chron is another story though chaos aura dose not have that strong of appled effect but the chron class is MUCH stronger for wvw support the tempest these days.

If any thing tempest is out of the meta in wvw its just kind of there for habit at this point.

Being annoyed with an classes effect in no way is an means of balancing or give an good view on the over all balancing of the game. What you may end up doing and suggesting is removing any effect for the tempest class from wvw.

Edited by Jski.6180
  • Confused 3

On 12/23/2023 at 5:36 PM, CafPow.1542 said:

lol

Rangers also have easy access to both Frost and Chaos auras now.  Frost in particular is also easily shareable, with no investment other than the pet to stop eating glue for 3 seconds.  

So, this line of reasoning really doesn't work--as I can now easily snipe you with LB 2 AND have frost aura up.  Chaos would take a bit more setup, but as untamed it's also pretty easy to have that up and snipe you. 

What really to look at here is chill and blind, among the strongest conditions in the game right now and also FAR more easily accessible than ever.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Rangers also have easy access to both Frost and Chaos auras now.  Frost in particular is also easily shareable, with no investment other than the pet to stop eating glue for 3 seconds.  

So, this line of reasoning really doesn't work--as I can now easily snipe you with LB 2 AND have frost aura up.  Chaos would take a bit more setup, but as untamed it's also pretty easy to have that up and snipe you. 

What really to look at here is chill and blind, among the strongest conditions in the game right now and also FAR more easily accessible than ever.  

That’s even better yeah. I have no LB2 but the ranger can just get a frostaura but for some unknown reason it’s tempest who should get nerfed lmao. Thanks.

• Like 1

Make auras only apply condies in melee like 180/360 radius around caster, if attack (pewpew) comes from furher away then decrease the damage by like 1~10% (dependant on the distance between caster and pewpew dude) for Frost Aura. For Fire Aura idk, have like 20% chance to burn/destroy 1 incoming pewpew arrow or something. No idea for Chaos Aura, never really felt it, not sure if it even works.

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Make auras only apply condies in melee like 180/360 radius around caster, if attack (pewpew) comes from furher away then decrease the damage by like 1~10% (dependant on the distance between caster and pewpew dude) for Frost Aura. For Fire Aura idk, have like 20% chance to burn/destroy 1 incoming pewpew arrow or something. No idea for Chaos Aura, never really felt it, not sure if it even works.

See, that wouldn’t be enough of a nerf cause, i have to have skill to know WHEN i am supposed to use my aura instead of spamming it, because the ranged-dude is supposed to spam his ranged attacks in an enemy zerg instead of using it when the time is right and gets annoyed by chill and 2 stacks of burning. 😢

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

You sure hate melee attks.

On 12/23/2023 at 11:36 PM, CafPow.1542 said:

lol

Weird logic right there buddy. Could turn that around jsut as easily - why should you be rewarded for afking at range with your melee build?

Fact of the matter is these two auras provide increadibly oppresive conditions without any max range. If I have frost aura on me and I stpe into a lingering effec ton the ground, whoever put that effect there will get chilled even across the map.
It silly to argue that there shouldnt be a max range on these effects

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

You will feel it more and more with the icnrease in mesmers in blobs nowadays. The out-of-nowhere weakness form narnia is gonna kitten up your power spikes

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

Weird logic right there buddy. Could turn that around jsut as easily - why should you be rewarded for afking at range with your melee build?

Fact of the matter is these two auras provide increadibly oppresive conditions without any max range. If I have frost aura on me and I stpe into a lingering effec ton the ground, whoever put that effect there will get chilled even across the map.

Are you suggesting others skills don't apply these condis? Is this an aura only effect that you MUST hit the target with the given aura to trigger the effect the only way to get chilled or an random condi? If your chilled at an range for 2 sec that is destroying your game play then you may want to run some means of countering it much like players must run some means of countering ranged attk vs you.

Your simply overrating to something you do not wish to deal with in an pvp base game type.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Jski.6180 said:

Are you suggesting others skills don't apply these condis? Is this an aura only effect that you MUST hit the target with the given aura to trigger the effect the only way to get chilled or an random condi? If your chilled at an range for 2 sec that is destroying your game play then you may want to run some means of countering it much like players must run some means of countering ranged attk vs you.

Your simply overrating to something you do not wish to deal with in an pvp base game type.

Do you not know how the two auras work and what the gameplay condidions in WvW are?

3 minutes ago, Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

Do you not know how the two auras work and what the gameplay condidions in WvW are?

You dont seem to understand the amount of condis and the amount of condi counter play in wvw out side of 2 auras.

You want to be too safe in wvw and if your too safe your class is unbalanced and it over all makes the game play boring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

Turning arguments indeed. I’m turning all the arguments into the other side here, when some people salt over the fact they get affected by auras while they affect me with ranged damage. When one is oppressive for them, then the other way around is also true.

Why should i be able to chill you on 1500 range? Well, the same reason why you should be able to hit me with a heckton of damage from the same range.

the only thing said nerfs would do is shifting the meta more into the ranged-boonball instead of the melee-boonball. All of that because you can’t have a few seconds of chill on you when you brain-afk lb5 into an enemyzerg. A chill effect, your tempestbuddy can clean off in miliseconds with an aura btw.

besides: is tempest really that strong and omnipresent in zergs? (Besides hfbs duh……) because we are talking about tempests here let’s be real for a second.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1