Insane WvW EBG queues

SpaceMarine.1836

EU, AG server. Another WvW reset, and Queues as follows:

EBG: 72

Red DB: 0

Blue ABL: 0

Green ABL: 0

I wish the developers would finally give up their ego trying to shove unpopular maps down our throats, admit they messed up at WvW map level design, especially Desert Borderlands, and give us at least 2 EBG instances. If there can coexist two Alpine Borderland instances there's absolutely no excuses there could not coexist 2 EBG instances and have just one Alpine Borderland instance.

If almost a decade of this torment didn't force players to appreciate the WvW map "diversity", another decade hardly will.

Edited by SpaceMarine.1836
  • Confused 5

11 minutes ago, SpaceMarine.1836 said:

If you are really the type person who has read the entire post, yet still needs an explanation, then it's highly unlikely it would be possible to explain it to you in any conceivable way.

EBG full. BLs not full. Go BL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

EBG full. BLs not full. Go BL.

This is honestly kind of fascinating... Like imagine following statement:

"I would like a red car, other car colors are not interesting to me, but the vendor only has green and blue cars."

And the answer to that statement would be: "They have a green car, buy a green car."

You would immediately realize  the person who answered the question doesn't pass a kindergarten levels of logical/semantic reasoning. Yet they are somehow capable of being able to interact with a web browser to a degree they can form a forum post reply. Strange... but interesting.

Edited by SpaceMarine.1836
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, SpaceMarine.1836 said:

"I would like a red car, other car colors are not interesting to me, but the vendor only has green and blue cars."

And the answer to that statement would be: "They have a green car, buy a green car."

You would immediately realize  the person who answered the question doesn't pass a kindergarten levels of logical/semantic reasoning. Yet they are somehow capable of being able to interact with a web browser to a degree they can form a forum post reply. Strange... but interesting.

Well,  dear teacher of logic, what is the answer to the car problem?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nextgen.3750 said:

oh stop crying. this used to be normal. if one's full, go to another. you dont even have to go there for MC anymore.

Why would anyone not complain about having to wait 1+ hours to get into a map they want to play. This would be unacceptable in nearly any other game. 

1 minute ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Well,  dear teacher of logic, what is the answer to the car problem?

Is that really not obvious? If there's high demand of red cars, and much lower demand of other colors, then the vendor should have more red cars on stock.

If everyone clearly loves to play EBG, and it's the case for several years, why would you have two Alpine Borderland server and just one EBG available?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, SpaceMarine.1836 said:

Is that really not obvious? If there's high demand of red cars, and much lower demand of other colors, then the vendor should have more red cars on stock.

Actually I'm pretty sure any sane consumer would just go to another vendor with a better color selection, rather than expecting said vendor to change their product inventory which would take a while. Especially changing it for just one customer.

Of course that depends on the availability of cars in your region, but I can't really see how your answer can be a better one in most cases.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

Just now, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Actually I'm pretty sure any sane consumer would just go to another vendor with a better color selection, rather than expecting said vendor to change their product inventory which would take a while.

Of course that depends on the availability of cars in your region, but I can't really see how your answer can be a better one in most cases.

Are you really implying that there are other MMOs that have GW2's build/profession/skill system, GW2s combat and WvW scale online PvP? If so, please point me to it. I tried ESO (clunky combat) and New World (large modes are dead).

If you want a red BMW, you clearly won't go to a ford dealership to buy one as they'll have just Ford cars. That logical flaw would be easy to spot if you took at least a minute to think it through before replying.

• Confused 1

Just now, SpaceMarine.1836 said:

Are you really implying that there are other MMOs that have GW2's build/profession/skill system, GW2s combat and WvW scale online PvP? If so, please point me to it. I tried ESO (clunky combat) and New World (large modes are dead).

That seems to be completely irrelevant to anything I said. I hope you see the flaw in the presentation in your posts.

1 minute ago, SpaceMarine.1836 said:

f you want a red BMW, you clearly won't go to a ford dealership to buy one as they'll have just Ford cars.

Why are you suddenly talking about car brands when we just wanted a certain color of car? No wonder why the car dealer isn't taking us seriously.

• Haha 1

Just now, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Why are you suddenly talking about car brands when we just wanted a certain color of car? No wonder why the car dealer isn't taking us seriously.

What? Then what did you mean by?:

6 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

sane consumer would just go to another vendor with a better color selection

What "GW2 vendor" do I go to to get more EBG instances or EBG instances without extreme queues every evening?

23 minutes ago, SpaceMarine.1836 said:

You want the red car, the red car isn't available. There's a green car, a blue car, and a desert car. They're the same car. You can either cry about the red car or you can go drive the other one.

1 minute ago, LSD.4673 said:

You want the red car, the red car isn't available. There's a green car, a blue car, and a desert car. They're the same car. You can either cry about the red car or you can go drive the other one.

Can't you just admit there's clearly something wrong in the relatively quality of WvW maps design when one specific map has dozens of players in a queue while others are empty, and even when there's way more players than available server slots, even then, the queue for that map is double?

https://i.imgur.com/p2qhv3O.png

It's clearly not a matter of individual's opinion, otherwise the queues would fluctuate randomly between different maps. The playerbase, as a whole, has decided. What's the problem here is that the developer doesn't respect this collective decision even years later. Other popular PVP game developers usually either redesign, or remove maps which clearly underperform.

11 minutes ago, SpaceMarine.1836 said:

What? Then what did you mean by?:

What "GW2 vendor" do I go to to get more EBG instances or EBG instances without extreme queues every evening?

I am criticizing the analogy you made, not its relation to Gw2.  You claimed that people would be illogical to just tell you to get the green car, but while that may not be a good response, it's also clear that what you considered to be the correct answer wasn't very sensible either.

As for the actual analogy to EBG and Gw2, it's still a bad analogy. The proper analogy is that the "red car" aka EBG is heavily backordered so that 150 people already did so and thus they won't have any inventory for you to get. You just have to wait. And they aren't going to just stop producing green cars just because you want a red one.

And you already have the answer here. There is no incentive for them to bother, because you will wait here anyways.

My point is that your posts seem to have a hidden thought process that you are not sharing, and thus people have no idea what you're trying to say for the most part. You brought up an analogy that you thought had an obvious answer, but clearly that reasoning was riddled with holes. I would suggest to stop trying to start with the premise that the people trying to reply here are intellectually inferior.

2 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I am criticizing the analogy you made, not its relation to Gw2.  You claimed that people would be illogical to just tell you to get the green car, but while that may not be a good response, it's also clear that what you considered to be the correct answer wasn't very sensible either.

As for the actual analogy to EBG and Gw2, it's still a bad analogy. The proper analogy is that the "red car" aka EBG is heavily backordered so that 150 people already did so and thus they won't have any inventory for you to get. You just have to wait. And they aren't going to just stop producing green cars just because you want a red one.

Any vendor of anything (supermarkets being great example) will always have product amounts reflecting the relative demand. While server maps are virtual, therefore their creation/duplication economics is different, the underlying effect is the same. You can see it clearly in games where developers allow players to spin up their own server and choose their own map rotations. Bad maps just end up unplayed and forgotten.

There's no backordering here. There's simply finite amount of EBG map slots per faction and way more players wanting to play EBG than the slots available. At the same time, there are servers running instances of WvW maps that are underpopulated. I just can't see any mental gymnastics route that could justify this instead of removing one less popular map instance and replacing it with a more popular one. 

5 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

And you already have the answer here. There is no incentive for them to bother, because you will wait here anyways.

Many people probably will, unfortunately. And for that, they deserve the game, exactly in its current state. I won't. In fact what brought me to create the OP was frustration. I realized I don't want to waste hour of my life everyday waiting in some "lobby" map with "Outnumbered" status above my skill bar, trying to solo Ram down a gate while 20+ blob jumps me. I just don't want to play anymore but at the same time I am hostage of an amazing combat and skill systems Anet employees from 2012 designed and invented, whom are certainly long gone from Anet now, or possibly working on another new game project.

8 minutes ago, SpaceMarine.1836 said:

Any vendor of anything (supermarkets being great example) will always have product amounts reflecting the relative demand. While server maps are virtual, therefore their creation/duplication economics is different, the underlying effect is the same. You can see it clearly in games where developers allow players to spin up their own server and choose their own map rotations. Bad maps just end up unplayed and forgotten.

There's no backordering here. There's simply finite amount of EBG map slots per faction and way more players wanting to play EBG than the slots available. At the same time, there are servers running instances of WvW maps that are underpopulated. I just can't see any mental gymnastics route that could justify this instead of removing one less popular map instance and replacing it with a more popular one. 

Maybe your anecdotes aren't everything? On my server, I sometimes see the borderlands and not  EBG having a queue. 72 queue isn't insane by any means on reset night.

Though I would agree that EBG is generally more popular.

8 minutes ago, SpaceMarine.1836 said:

Many people probably will, unfortunately. And for that, they deserve the game, exactly in its current state. I won't. In fact what brought me to create the OP was frustration. I realized I don't want to waste hour of my life everyday waiting in some "lobby" map with "Outnumbered" status above my skill bar, trying to solo Ram down a gate while 20+ blob jumps me. I just don't want to play anymore but at the same time I am hostage of an amazing combat and skill systems Anet employees from 2012 designed and invented, whom are certainly long gone from Anet now, or possibly working on another new game project.

Well, good luck then.

And I bet all 72 of those players are on the borderland maps.

I would imagine they're queuing up ebg either because there's no commander or guild or content on the borderland maps, and not because they hate the borderland maps.

Now check the entire week and let us know if the borderland maps do not get a queue during the week.

P.S Think about WHY they have three borderland maps, and WHY you can't just have two or one of them available before coming up with solutions to reduce them.

Edited by XenesisII.1540

3 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

And I bet all 72 of those players are on the borderland maps.

I would imagine they're queuing up ebg either because there's no commander or guild or content on the borderland maps.

Now check the entire week and let us know if the borderland maps do not get a queue during the week.

Lol, some of us like to queue up EBG even if we can't get in. Sometimes we on the server just get it up to 100+ just because it is funny.

Though I notice a lot of the times I get through the queue, it's a bunch of wall runners/afk pip farmers/bots. I feel like that's the real problem-- there needs to be stricter afk timers when the map is queued. And of course we need to ban bots. (Ok to be fair it's hard to tell sometimes)