WvW zerg Condition Carrion Soulbeast Build

Mell.4873

I thought I might as well promote the build I use. This can be used in Zergs or Skirmishes since you can stance share unique boons.

The real powerhouse is the stability you have access to in this build. There is not much healing, but you can easily get 3k poison and bleed ticks on a single target and not be chain CCed.
This can hard counter certain Zergs types like boon/heal balls, they might be able to cleanse some of the poison, but your application is pretty high with 5 people sharing Vulture stance.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAYVlRweYSsPGKWaP7P3RcG-DSIYbU9fI5IFiTV1hAVh/GCQ4+tw7ZFA-e

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, BumboJumbo.1308 said:

Do you have a video showing that it can take down boon/heal balls?

No, I'm pretty low effort as it is. I would rather make the build on Metabattle than do a video.

Who knows maybe I get some great Zerg wipes with this build. I guess there would be no way of telling it was me who made the difference so this would be hard to prove. 
It probably would be easier to show it while roaming but I'm not really claiming that it should be good at roaming.

• Confused 2

Yeah no, this build doesn't work at all.
-It can only do a single target burst, but the moment there is any other enemy in the beam, the burst damage drops to 1/3rd. Not to mention, 6k ticks
-There is absolutely no boon strip.
-There is only 2 conditions, so any cleanse will stop everything you did.
-Your only purpose has a 30s cooldown and beside that you are not doing anything. 

A single Scourge outperforms you with a one skill cast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

No, I'm pretty low effort as it is. I would rather make the build on Metabattle than do a video.

Who knows maybe I get some great Zerg wipes with this build. I guess there would be no way of telling it was me who made the difference so this would be hard to prove.

logs are pretty low effort to create and will better than a video proof if the build did something or not so much.

as for the build itself, i personally don't think it does anywhere near enough to be worth a slot in a squad composition. i also think currently there is often alot of overcleanse despite there being room to include more in decent groups, thus i would not bet too much on a condition damage dealer. some celestial hybrid to force some cleanses sure, but not full condi damage.

Edited by bq pd.2148

Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2024 at 12:18 AM, Beddo.1907 said:

Yeah no, this build doesn't work at all.
-It can only do a single target burst, but the moment there is any other enemy in the beam, the burst damage drops to 1/3rd. Not to mention, 6k ticks
-There is absolutely no boon strip.
-There is only 2 conditions, so any cleanse will stop everything you did.
-Your only purpose has a 30s cooldown and beside that you are not doing anything. 

A single Scourge outperforms you with a one skill cast.

It is really only meant for killing over aggressive players, outside that it doesn't hit very hard. You essentially just stall untill your cooldowns reset. 

Its just better than the current roaming Soulbeast who joins a Zergs.

On 1/2/2024 at 12:28 AM, bq pd.2148 said:

logs are pretty low effort to create and will better than a video proof if the build did something or not so much.

as for the build itself, i personally don't think it does anywhere near enough to be worth a slot in a squad composition. i also think currently there is often alot of overcleanse despite there being room to include more in decent groups, thus i would not bet too much on a condition damage dealer. some celestial hybrid to force some cleanses sure, but not full condi damage.

Most of the Zerg recommendations are root builds which can also be cleansed and is a single condition with even more way to avoid it since resistance exists. 

The build is just capitalising on the Demon Empress relic along with the passive poison Soulbeast offers. I have a very similar Druid build but it has more stuns and is full Celestials.

I will elaborate further. Very few classes even have passive damage built into Traits. Engineer is about the only other one but it has more power focused extra damage hense why Mechanist is so strong.

I strongly think very soon with the Demon Empress Relic we will see some strong PvP Rangers builds. As for what will be Meta it is probably not my build but something will exist. Poison Master actually improves poisoning damage by alot. From what I can see this gives Ranger a new massive advantage in Zerg vs Zerg. Thief aswell has some great options too. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Most of the Zerg recommendations are root builds which can also be cleansed and is a single condition with even more way to avoid it since resistance exists.

you mean specifically for soulbeast? because i dont see why a roaming soulbeast wouldn't switch to support druid in a zerg, thats a lot more value and also has roots.

12 minutes ago, bq pd.2148 said:

you mean specifically for soulbeast? because i dont see why a roaming soulbeast wouldn't switch to support druid in a zerg, thats a lot more value and also has roots.

True you should ask the majority of players who still use it in a Zerg. I don't see many Druids, I guess it is to low damage to make it work in a clash. 

4 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I strongly think very soon with the Demon Empress Relic we will see some strong PvP Rangers builds.

No offence, but weak poison on disable and bonus -16.7% reduced healing, isn't as good as it sounds.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

No offence, but weak poison on disable and bonus -16.7% reduced healing, isn't as good as it sounds.

You will be surprised. If you share Vultures Stance with 5 people you can get some pretty consistent stacks. That is 3 seconds they have 50% less healing, It is enough to turn the tide.

I mean what is better this or some root build that is posted all over Metabattle. How effective is it to immobilize a tight zerg who can cleanse it right away.

When you are dealing 20 people with every boon in the game vs another 20 people with equal boons very little is effective. All projectiles are useless, most condition based builds are, CC can be but not during a clash. All your really have is gimmicks like pulling people out with Temporal Curtain.

PS, maybe you already know but it is all poison not just the disable one. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

Metabattle

You shouldn't use Metabattle as a reference tbh. Some builds are good and some are pure theory craft that nobody touched ingame.

PS, maybe you already know but it is all poison not just the disable one. 

Yes I know it's all poison.
The relic is just lacking consistency over defensive or damage focused relics and suffers greatly in groups, where aoe burst is more important.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

You shouldn't use Metabattle as a reference tbh. Some builds are good and some are pure theory craft that nobody touched ingame.

Yes I know it's all poison.
The relic is just lacking consistency over defensive or damage focused relics and suffers greatly in groups, where aoe burst is more important.

I agree with both points.

My build is just another spin on what I already do. I mean I'm known for using duel Longbows so I can make use of Quick Draw on Barrage. I only switch to this build for siege fights, otherwise I use something else. 

If I'm in a Pug Zerg or an inexperienced zerg this Carrion build comes out. Otherwise I have a pure Condition Damage Celestial Druid. I believe I have posted that once before but the just uses ground targeted roots to stick someone in place with signet of wild and muddy terrain. Trying to overload the condition cleansing again. 

Edited by Mell.4873

15 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

You would just have to use it in 5-man GvG or havoc setup.  If you have a video wiping a boon spam comp like rL / SPACE / your server equivalent, then people would take it a lot more seriously.  

As 5-man extends up to larger zergs, just more boon share or boon corrupt sub-groups the higher you go.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

You would just have to use it in 5-man GvG or havoc setup.  If you have a video wiping a boon spam comp like rL / SPACE / your server equivalent, then people would take it a lot more seriously.  

As 5-man extends up to larger zergs, just more boon share or boon corrupt sub-groups the higher you go.  

Dude, I don't know that many people. My guild is very casual and seem to want to play Conquest at the moment, maybe when the WvW beta starts I can find enough players.

This will be a slow result sadly. I will probably just leave it here and maybe report back with a gotcha if it ever becomes a thing. People with more time and not a family can try proving my theory. Again, who knows maybe I can pull off something worth recording.

Nice chatting though, normally no one even bothers responding to my posts these days.

Edited by Mell.4873

4 hours ago, kiwituatara.6053 said:

Why Carrion stats and not dire/trailblazer/celestial/mix

I guess the thinking process was Power+Condi damage does more burst in a short time frame than trail, dire and cele, while keeping some survivability with vit.  It's not that big of a difference honestly, since the build's impact on the enemy zerg is negligible anyway. 

Cele would probably end up being better overall, due to more survivability, boon from stance share and side healing from staff. Mix would scale less than cele.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, kiwituatara.6053 said:

Why Carrion stats and not dire/trailblazer/celestial/mix

6 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

I guess the thinking process was Power+Condi damage does more burst in a short time frame than trail, dire and cele, while keeping some survivability with vit.  It's not that big of a difference honestly, since the build's impact on the enemy zerg is negligible anyway. 

Cele would probably end up being better overall, due to more survivability, boon from stance share and side healing from staff. Mix would scale less than cele.

Beddo is right.

I want to get as much damage out as possible before it can be cleansed hence why I'm pushing something like 3200 Condition Damage in terms of stats. I think my favorite things is when peoples cleanse is their healing skill so they might wipe the poison off them but at the cost of 50% less healing. Then I put it all back on again with Vulture Stance.

I stumbled on this build idea from someone else on this forum and it can be pretty funny to watch something like a Thief stealth to try escape only to appear downed at my feet.

Edited by Mell.4873

Beddo is right.

I want to get as much damage out as possible before it can be cleansed hence why I'm pushing something like 3200 Condition Damage in terms of stats. I think my favorite things is when peoples cleanse is their healing skill so they might wipe the poison off them but at the cost of 50% less healing. Then I put it all back on again with Vulture Stance.

I stumbled on this build idea from someone else on this forum and it can be pretty funny to watch something like a Thief stealth to try escape only to appear downed at my feet.

I ask because I don't think power stat has much impact when crit is low.

2 hours ago, kiwituatara.6053 said:

I ask because I don't think power stat has much impact when crit is low.

Hmm true, something like Sinister would work better but I want more vitality due to the lack on any proper healing skill. 

Dire and Trailblazer would be more defensive but I don't need Toughness.

Looking over the different stats the best gear stats would probably be Plaguedoctor or Ritualist. I do have legendary armor so maybe Ill try it. 

31 minutes ago, Sandzibar.5134 said:

quick draw double LB arrow cart soulbeast is probably more impactful imo - note: I didnt say better than then normal scourge/zerker spam...

condi just gets cleansed too fast when facing larger group combat I find.

All of the barrage damage is eaten by a fraction of overheal, damage spreads too much, you don't do anything inbetween barrages (due to projectiles not existing) and you need to stop moving.

I'd probably prefer this build after some changes, over a cart ranger.

3 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

All of the barrage damage is eaten by a fraction of overheal, damage spreads too much, you don't do anything inbetween barrages (due to projectiles not existing) and you need to stop moving.

I'd probably prefer this build after some changes, over a cart ranger.

either way, bar druid support (fugging yawn) there's currently not really a great ranger wvw build for organised group play. 

one good thing the arrow cart build can do.. is remove siege from hard to hit areas - as long youve got the correct key bound.

• Confused 1