It's a New Year! Can we fix Lion's Pride in 2024?

Now before anyone can "But..." this topic, I'm fully aware that it's not broken as such. Lion's Pride technically works exactly as programmed. My complaint is that it was programmed poorly. When you use the key, it will teleport you from whereever you are to the Memory of Lion's Arch. And that works! That's great. But if you use it again....it takes you to current Lion's Arch. All I want is for it to function like every other crafters corner pass and just send you back where you came from when you use it again. Mistlock Sanctuary doesn't dump me back in Rata Sum, please just let Lion's Pride send us back where we used it. It's such a small fix.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

Now before anyone can "But..." this topic, I'm fully aware that it's not broken as such. Lion's Pride technically works exactly as programmed. My complaint is that it was programmed poorly. When you use the key, it will teleport you from whereever you are to the Memory of Lion's Arch. And that works! That's great. But if you use it again....it takes you to current Lion's Arch. All I want is for it to function like every other crafters corner pass and just send you back where you came from when you use it again. Mistlock Sanctuary doesn't dump me back in Rata Sum, please just let Lion's Pride send us back where we used it. It's such a small fix.

Well lions pride is not a launge pass tho so makes sence it dump you in lions arch tbh.

And Mistlock sanctuary is not a rata sum thing its a fractal thing.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

59 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well lions pride is not a launge pass tho so makes sence it dump you in lions arch tbh.

And Mistlock sanctuary is not a rata sum thing its a fractal thing.

I realize it's not a lounge pass but I'm also not asking them to rearrange everything like a lounge either. Just put me back where I started. If I wanted to go to New LA there's already waypoints for that.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

34 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You do know that this is one feature that is only given to lounge passes right?

Other then spvp lobby and wvw that is.

Where's the rule that says that? Where did the devs write that down? You have nothing to back that up. The only reason you say that is because that's how it's been so far.

There's two main types of teleporters in the game: The Lounge Passes and Teleport Scrolls(or books). Each teleport scrolls takes to you to a particular place in the world whether you've unlocked it or not but the defining feature there is that it takes you to a place IN the world. They have waypoints. You can just press M, scroll over, and there you go. The same is not true for the Lounge Passes, or at least not all of them. Some of them you can get to, the Queens Garden for example. Others are simply inaccessable like the Captains Airship (unless you have griffon/skyscale) or are simply not a part of the world like the Mistlock Sanctuary. So if we're comparing the Lion's Pride to what we have now it's far more similar to the Lounge Passes than it is the Teleport Scrolls.

But maybe that's not good enough for you, so I'll submit this: The Exhalted Portal Stone. It takes you to the egg chamber under Tarir with the newly hatched Aurene, a place frozen in time now AND when you leave the instance......it sends you back where you came from! Odd that it doesn't just dump you back into Tarir after that, isn't it? We already have precident for this, all I'm asking for is the same treatment for Lion's Pride which would make the item that we worked so hard for SO much more useful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7

Considering the work needed for the achievement, I actually see nothing wrong with this.
sPvP lobby and guild halls already let players access bank, trading post, and basic vendors. Old Lions Arch basically adds the Mystic Forge to the list of services. 
Returning to original locations is not a VIP lounge pass exclusive feature (see above). Not even all lounge passes do it (e.g., Lily of Elon).

Old LA "lounge" is a ghost town as it is. Personally, I'd like to see it used a bit more, and adding the feature of returning you to the open world location may have people pop in and out of it more often.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

43 minutes ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

Snip
But maybe that's not good enough for you, so I'll submit this: The Exhalted Portal Stone. It takes you to the egg chamber under Tarir with the newly hatched Aurene, a place frozen in time now AND when you leave the instance......it sends you back where you came from! Odd that it doesn't just dump you back into Tarir after that, isn't it? We already have precident for this, all I'm asking for is the same treatment for Lion's Pride which would make the item that we worked so hard for SO much more useful.

Well 1 is a personal story instance and the other is a old verison of lions arch a city hub.

So totaly not out of the question that the latter put you back were you came from and the former put you in lions arch since hint hint you teleport to lions arch with the teleport item.

You dont get back to were you came from by clicking any of the living story portal scrolls a second time either and that is closer to the lions pride then the gemstore passes

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

Where's the rule that says that? 

It's not written rule of the economy. Becouse economicly speaking it's not good for ANet pocket to give a free item the same QOL's like gemstore items have. If Lion's Pride would have all the juicy features of the gem store passes, what would be the reason to buy them? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

But if you use it again....it takes you to current Lion's Arch. All I want is for it to function like every other crafters corner pass and just send you back where you came from when you use it again.

If you want something that works like a gemstore pass, buy a gemstore pass.

8 hours ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

What utilities competing with the actual hubs do you have in that instance? None? Exactly, so what "precedence" are you talking about here? If you want to make comparisons here then you should probably be talking about actual hubs with utilities in them, which would mean using scrolls to eotn, arborstone or wizard's tower. Are those putting you back where you were?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, firedragon.8953 said:

Old LA "lounge" is a ghost town as it is. Personally, I'd like to see it used a bit more, and adding the feature of returning you to the open world location may have people pop in and out of it more often.

8 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well 1 is a personal story instance and the other is a old verison of lions arch a city hub.

So totaly not out of the question that the latter put you back were you came from and the former put you in lions arch since hint hint you teleport to lions arch with the teleport item.

You dont get back to were you came from by clicking any of the living story portal scrolls a second time either and that is closer to the lions pride then the gemstore passes

You know, I'll actually give you a point for that. You're right, Memory of Lion's Arch IS actually a place and not a personal story instance.

Now, that being said, I had actually FORGOTTEN that because as was mentioned at the top when I went there the other day just to drop off some mats and do some refining, I did not see a single other person there. I was actually under the mistaken impression that I was in a private instance because it'd been so long since I'd gone back there and there was not a single soul there in the 20-ish minutes I was there.

So I'm going to give you that point but I'm going to do so with a caveat: Technically, you may be right and maybe it is more of a portal scroll than a lounge pass. So what I'm asking then is to treat it like a lounge pass instead of a portal scroll. You already cannot waypoint into it, and you cannot waypoint out of it. The ONLY way in is Lion's Pride or TP to Friend. Since you have to use Lion's Pride to get in, just have it put you back where you started when you came out.

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If you want something that works like a gemstore pass, buy a gemstore pass.

I already did. I own several, not all of them (yet) but I have several. And I have Lion's Pride. I did the work for Lion's Pride. I put in the effort. I paid for the Lounge Passes with money, I paid for the Lion's Pride with time. Just make the change already. And if you're going to argue that something can't be done just because there's a paywall option for that already, they have money options for almost every mechanic in the game. You can buy HERO POINTS now. I don't think you like the road you advocate for because a more predatory company could just lock everything behind a paywall and we don't want that.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

It's a free teleport to lion's arch

Okay....I see where you're coming from here but follow me on this one. First off, it's Lion's Arch. Press M, click the Red Arrow on the compass rose in the bottom right corner. It ALWAYS centers on Lion's Arch, with the Mystic Forge/Bank waypoint at the top and the PvP/WvW/Fractal waypoint at the bottom. One button, one click, and there's LA. To use Lion's Pride you press a button to open your Inventory and then click on the Item. It's the same action economy. Furthermore, if you wanted to get to New LA, bouncing through Old LA is actually the slower way to do it, so you're not saving yourself anything there.

The ONLY benefit I see here is for brand new characters that haven't opened up anything yet. Technically your fresh, level....4? character right out the tutorial could pop into LA, but to what benefit? It's not like you're going into fractals, or WvW, or Raiding. The only thing I see offered there that's not available in your racial home is the mystic forge, and is that really that much of a benefit? I can't say you're wrong, it's technically true and I think your reasons are very subjective, I just think they're a bit skewed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

3 minutes ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

I already did. I own several, not all of them (yet) but I have several. And I have Lion's Pride. I did the work for Lion's Pride. I put in the effort. I paid for the Lounge Passes with money, I paid for the Lion's Pride with time. Just make the change already. And if you're going to argue that something can't be done just because there's a paywall option for that already, they have money options for almost every mechanic in the game. You can buy HERO POINTS now. I don't think you like the road you advocate for because a more predatory company could just lock everything behind a paywall and we don't want that.

...meanwhile you're arguing that a free option should be like a paid option of something else (as pointed out above and now also quoted below for your convenience). So I don't know if your point makes more sense than this one:

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What utilities competing with the actual hubs do you have in that instance? None? Exactly, so what "precedence" are you talking about here? If you want to make comparisons here then you should probably be talking about actual hubs with utilities in them, which would mean using scrolls to eotn, arborstone or wizard's tower. Are those putting you back where you were?

I wouldn't say it does. Although if you have gemstore passes and just want to hop in and out to use whatever utility then just use one of the passes you have.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

Okay....I see where you're coming from here but follow me on this one. First off, it's Lion's Arch. Press M, click the Red Arrow on the compass rose in the bottom right corner. It ALWAYS centers on Lion's Arch, with the Mystic Forge/Bank waypoint at the top and the PvP/WvW/Fractal waypoint at the bottom. One button, one click, and there's LA. To use Lion's Pride you press a button to open your Inventory and then click on the Item. It's the same action economy. Furthermore, if you wanted to get to New LA, bouncing through Old LA is actually the slower way to do it, so you're not saving yourself anything there.

The ONLY benefit I see here is for brand new characters that haven't opened up anything yet. Technically your fresh, level....4? character right out the tutorial could pop into LA, but to what benefit? It's not like you're going into fractals, or WvW, or Raiding. The only thing I see offered there that's not available in your racial home is the mystic forge, and is that really that much of a benefit? I can't say you're wrong, it's technically true and I think your reasons are very subjective, I just think they're a bit skewed.

You can actualy do most t1 fractals as lvl 4 it upscale you to 80 same as the freezie instance.

And yea the save the coin it  take to tp there, if coin is not an issue you can just tp to the closest waypoint you were before going to lions pride when you get back to new lions arch then right?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

i notice you skipped the part where i said FREE

yes, i can waypoint there from the map; but if i'm in Cantha, thats over 10s per trip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I thought that the complaint was the 10+ silver cost from Cantha.  Hopping through the mists avoids this cost.

theres no complaint, I was explaining why i like how Lion's pride works, OP countered my opinion without reading the 7 words i'd wrote

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

i notice you skipped the part where i said FREE

yes, i can waypoint there from the map; but if i'm in Cantha, thats over 10s per trip

Okay, and now I'm done taking you seriously. If that's your whole reason for wanting it to stay the way it is, I no longer care. 10 silver, the world is ending....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 8

1 minute ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

Okay, and now I'm done taking you seriously. If that's your whole reason for wanting it to stay the way it is, I no longer care. 10 silver, the world is ending....

it's as valid a reason as yours

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Because it is a two-in-one pass. I can use it to get to either version of Lion's Arch.

Someone else above gave a similar answer, and my feelings on that haven't changed so I won't reiterate here, although a thought did dawn on me: Why not both? Since opening up a portal tome gives you a menu of options, maybe we could have the Lion's Pride rewritten to give two options: Return or New LA.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2