potential solution to ele condy issues - a new condition called 'smouldering'.

As per the Flame strike thread, we know there are issues with elemental condition for sceptre (and other weapons), these are:

- Sceptre has almost 0 scaling with condition stat, ie its primary condition dmg is nill (?!)

- Ele has poor condition coverage and spread, and most of its dmg comes from 1 condition (burning)

- We don't want power creep with yet another damage based condition but we do want to address these problems.

To solve this, what about the following?

Smouldering condition

Where smouldering is applied to a player, condition removal will prioritise this.  Smouldering does no damage. Smouldering stacks by duration.

Flamestrike:

the primary strike of Flamestrike applies 1 stack of smouldering that lasts for 3 seconds.  This application only happens once every X seconds (X second cooldown).  (X = 3?)

Edited by Bladestrom.6425
  • Confused 7

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Wut? Would you care to explain what you're trying to say here?

I should have clarified, in spvp  the primary attack used to do condition damage, but Anet hacked that off in sPVP when they were firefighting their patches, so it does 0 now.

Just now, Bladestrom.6425 said:

I should have clarified, in spvp  the primary attack used to do condition damage, but Anet hacked that off in sPVP so it does 0 when they were firefighting their patches.

You mean that it doesn't apply a burn stack?

25 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

i said primary in post.  Also see other flamestrike thread.

There is so much misunderstanding on this forum... The secondary strike is part of flame strike which is the AA. Basically you're crying that your fire attunment AA only apply 1 burn stack instead of 2. For your information, If it were a bleed stack, you'd need 3 bleed stacks to generate the same damage that you are doing right now with this single burn stack.

• Would you have prefered if this burn stack were on the primary strike? There would be no difference at all if it were the case but whatever.
  • What do you think your "smouldering" condition is going to do exactly? We are talking about a 1s burn stack! It will run out before the player even think about cleansing.
  • You want "smouldering" to cover for skill#2 and #3? You could just use a proper relic, switch to earth for cripple, bleed or blind, take a trait that apply whatever condition, use a signet or any utility skill applying a different condition... etc.

I mean, what you want already exist in many forms and it's highly unlikely that the devs will create a new dedicated condition that does nothing but prevent another condition from being cleansed. At best, if one want to be realist, you could get a vuln stack on that primary strike.

The worse in your idea is that many cleanse simply cleanse more than a single condition so it kinda make "smouldering" pointless.

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

It does, thought. A 1 second burn stack on the secondary strike of the AA. Which mean that you'll still do some condition damage with the AA.

instead of an aggressive response, read again. i didnt say add 1 burn stack, what I suggested adds 0 dmg and has a specific mechanic around prioritisation that ignores application order.  Not sure why you are being rude (i.e you don't have to be 'crying' to talk about something) but it was just a suggestion for open discussion, and i'm sure many veteran  players are perfectly aware of what flamestrike does. 

Anyway, clearly not a good idea it seems, hey ho.

• Confused 2

On 1/7/2024 at 3:28 PM, Dadnir.5038 said:

At best, if one want to be realist, you could get a vuln stack on that primary strike.

i would actually love that even 1 stack of vuln on the primary would be more than enough if it has more than 1 sec duration ofc...

I have to say i was curious to see what were your ideas for a new condition and when i saw smouldering i was even more...

But you baited my curiosity for an only pvp/wvw condition who only purpose is to eat a condition  removal ... 

10/10 for the bait , but 0/10 for the actual new condition.