Let us use raptors in Desert Borderland

I'm one of the people who doesn't like Desert Borderland. It's too big for my taste, you spend too much time running towards things, which means those looking for faster play go to EBG or Alpine.

But what if Anet enabled raptors in Desert BL? You could get around the map way faster and it would probably be attractive to more players. Not only that, but players that don't have warclaws yet can play on Desert on raptors until they get them.

I'm sure there would be exploits, like jumps that got you into keeps, but there must be workarounds for that. Either put an invisible anti-raptor fence around walls or (possibly) make it so you can only use raptors in your own territory, much like gliding is now.

IMO this would speed up Desert BL and make it more active.

• Confused 5

9 minutes ago, bigmouse.2163 said:

I'm one of the people who doesn't like Desert Borderland. It's too big for my taste, you spend too much time running towards things, which means those looking for faster play go to EBG or Alpine.

But what if Anet enabled raptors in Desert BL? You could get around the map way faster and it would probably be attractive to more players. Not only that, but players that don't have warclaws yet can play on Desert on raptors until they get them.

I'm sure there would be exploits, like jumps that got you into keeps, but there must be workarounds for that. Either put an invisible anti-raptor fence around walls or (possibly) make it so you can only use raptors in your own territory, much like gliding is now.

IMO this would speed up Desert BL and make it more active.

tell players what you need - ie i am trying to get my warclam, people will help. 

I agree with OP, they should enable raptors, but make a few balance changes.

1. Reduced dodge distance. Make it the same as warclaw.

2. Remove the pull from engage ability and make it only affect 1 player. To compensate it could do bonus damage to downed.

3. You should need warclaw mastery to unlock it.

4. Make it look like the warclaw.

• Haha 2

I'm a bit confused why Arenanet can't just add a straight-up invisible wall around every cap point that only the occupying team can pass through, right over the walls. Wouldn't that solve literally every exploit issue with mounts / gliders being able to get into enemy cap points? Not being disparaging at all, just genuinely curious why they don't do this

Or just make warclaw run a bit faster on DBL?

I mean, I don't have a horse in this race (pardon the pun), I like dbl and think it's mostly fine as it is, but shortening sequences is usually a welcome change.

• Like 1