Friends can't play together WTF

I have a few friends I play WvW with at times. We aren't in a guild together, in fact, none of us are in dedicated WvW guilds. We all got put on different teams now, so we can't even play WvW together. So much of GW2 is about personal freedom and letting you play the game how you want to, so why make it so that we can't play WvW with friends until the next reset two weeks from now? 

I'm not a fan of this system. At least before you could control who you got to play with by being on the same world. Now you just don't get a choice if you aren't in a WvW guild. At least let us be able to swap to the same teams as friends or something.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Zazetsumei.5681 said:

At least before you could control who you got to play with by being on the same world. Now you just don't get a choice if you aren't in a WvW guild.

Have you considered getting those you play with all in the same guild?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Zazetsumei.5681 said:

I have a few friends I play WvW with at times. We aren't in a guild together, in fact, none of us are in dedicated WvW guilds. We all got put on different teams now, so we can't even play WvW together. So much of GW2 is about personal freedom and letting you play the game how you want to, so why make it so that we can't play WvW with friends until the next reset two weeks from now? 

I'm not a fan of this system. At least before you could control who you got to play with by being on the same world. Now you just don't get a choice if you aren't in a WvW guild. At least let us be able to swap to the same teams as friends or something.

It's simple. "Join a guild together", or create one.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, goldensurfer.8406 said:

Me and my friend are in the same guild, we are still split into different alliances

Did you both select the same guild as your WvW guild in the guild panel before the deadline last week? 

Also the correct term is "World", not "Alliance". Alliances is a feature that is being delayed. What we have now is "World Restructuring". It's similar, but distinct. Alliances is a layer on top that gives WvW guilds the option to partner together in the matchmaking system. That layer is not in the game.

Edited by ZeroTheRuler.7415
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

If you did not select a WvW guild prior to the restructuring event, open the WvW panel, the bottom tab for restructuring.  You should see a list of current teams.  Additionally, any friends that are already assigned to teams (because they chose a WvW guild) will be listed along side that team.  With some advance planning, you could all just pick a team after reset.  Note, selecting a team locks that in for the current match.  However, if none of you select a WvW guild, then you could all pick the same team the next time around.