Bring back trapper runes

8 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

And give every type of utility skill a stealth relic. Ele needs stealth if its ever going to be competitive.

You can't be serious right? You're trolling, it has to be a troll, right ?

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Every none-stealth class should have core access to a meaningful reveal. The stealth in this game is so low risk given the lack of real counter play to punish bad use of it.

Do you know that ? Necro has reveal with his core shroud, inge has reveal with lock on, ranger has reveal with sic'em, war has reveal with shout, guard has reveal with this stupid braindead DH spear, revenant has reveal with his herald facet.

There are only 2 class with no reveal and it's elem and mesmer.. but they have also access to stealth (for mesmer) and a billion way to block/invul/ perma boons their kitten off. (I didn't count thief, cause you know..)

So, for 8 class (excepted thief), 6 for 8 has access to reveal, this is legit 75% of theim, and the 25% remaining doesn't need reveal because I just decided to.

You're just a thief hater, try again, give us some love instead please, you will be kind, thanks you.

Edited by whooot.5784
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, whooot.5784 said:

Do you know that ? Necro has reveal with his core shroud, inge has reveal with lock on, ranger has reveal with sic'em, war has reveal with shout, guard has reveal with this stupid braindead DH spear, revenant has reveal with his herald facet.

There are only 2 class with no reveal and it's elem and mesmer.. but they have also access to stealth (for mesmer) and a billion way to block/invul/ perma boons their kitten off. (I didn't count thief, cause you know..)

So, for 8 class (excepted thief), 6 for 8 has access to reveal, this is legit 75% of theim, and the 25% remaining doesn't need reveal because I just decided to.

You're just a thief hater, try again, give us some love instead please, you will be kind, thanks you.

Fighting a thief is boring. You know exactly what they are doing.. but you can't do nothing to stop them, just dodge/mitigate/cleave/ground aoe jump after jump (In which you can die) and hope he gets too greedy so that "eventuallly" you can actually kill him. If he doesnt get greedy.. unkillable. Only time you'll see him is a +1 steal > 2 2 2 spam. Thrilling, high skill, high risk gameplay.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, whooot.5784 said:

I mean, if thief gets revealed, it can just legit runaway and try again, Ele doesn't really have the tools to disengage so easily

Edited by Mini Crinny.6190
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mini Crinny.6190 said:

I mean, if thief gets revealed, it can just legit runaway and try again, Ele doesn't really have the tools to disengage so easily

You mean, why does ele even need to run from thief, don't pretend like ele isn't very defensively offensive.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Mini Crinny.6190 said:

This isnt specific to ele. There are reveals in the game but they are locked within certain specs, and a lot of those specs don't actually see massive use compared to the combination of specs with stealth in use (SB aside). Then ofc, some entire classes don't have stealth, or core access to reveal. Core reveal completely changes the game.. and makes all specs with stealth have to re-consider when and who they go invis around. It creates counter play, which is 101 for any healthy game. Lets call it the unblockable to blocks. Unblockables are a powerful tool that should not be overused, reveal is the exact same thing.. which is why classes withought stealth should really be the only ones who have core access to it. Ranger is bloated in this way, having stealth+reveal.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

This isnt specific to ele. There are reveals in the game but they are locked within certain specs, and a lot of those specs don't actually see massive use compared to the combination of specs with stealth in use (SB aside). Then ofc, some entire classes don't have stealth, or core access to reveal. Core reveal completely changes the game.. and makes all specs with stealth have to re-consider when and who they go invis around. It creates counter play, which is 101 for any healthy game. Lets call it the unblockable to blocks. Unblockables are a powerful tool that should not be overused, reveal is the exact same thing.. which is why classes withought stealth should really be the only ones who have core access to it. Ranger is bloated in this way, having stealth+reveal.

I’m not sure if you’re avoiding mentioning engineer on purpose or not - regardless, they also have on demand stealth, AND the most passive and broken Reveal in the entire game. Every 10 seconds you will be hit with a reveal from engi. Think about that, stealth into auto reveal after an attack is 4 seconds. So any stealth burst gets off one attack, before engi can force reveal by doing damage to the thief and typically that’s through non specific AOE. So not only does this BLOAT go against everything you said above, but it’s also used in literally every engi meta build in the game right now to counter anything that stealths.

Edited by JosephKatz.9375

43 minutes ago, JosephKatz.9375 said:

I’m not sure if you’re avoiding mentioning engineer on purpose or not - regardless, they also have on demand stealth, AND the most passive and broken Reveal in the entire game. Every 10 seconds you will be hit with a reveal from engi. Think about that, thief auto reveal after an attack is 4 seconds. So thief can legit get off one attack, before engi can force reveal by doing damage to the thief and typically that’s through non specific AOE. So not only does this BLOAT go against everything you said above, but it’s also used in literally every engi meta build in the game right now to counter anything that stealths.

So whats your point? A low skill stealth counter means we should not have stealth counters? And if you read properly, I was refering to classes that don't have stealth. I only mentioned ranger becuase that class is currently the most bloated over all. It has access to litterally everything, at a functional level at-least.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1