Raids Need Hotjoin or somethin

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

Oh yes I am in the wrong thread, meh I'm barely on the forums any more (or even GW2) so I wasn't paying attention. 

Arg we need something better this is my whole point. Many people leave this game due to balance but I'm leaving because of the god awful UI and LFG system. 

Mandatory can I have your stuff?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Well I hold out hope they change it, also what would I give you, most of my Gold has been converted to gems

Well check material storage might be something there.

Do convert it to gold tho since you can send alot but person can only take out 500 each week.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well check material storage might be something there.

Do convert it to gold tho since you can send alot but person can only take out 500 each week.

I barely have anything in there to, maybe 500 gold at most not really worth it since I was making 300-500 gold a week before is stopped playing. 

You might aswell have me keep playing and send you the gold I make each week. 

• Confused 3

On 2/25/2024 at 7:43 AM, artharon.9276 said:

it's not your problem to solve how this could be done. if majority of the customers demand it, your opinion about the absolute correct way to build raiding groups don't matter. 

Well then, it's a good thing it's not a majority of people.
Just a very vocal minority of anti-social players who cannot/will not/ do not want to do anything but be gifted legendaries for simply existing.

• Like 4

On 2/26/2024 at 5:57 PM, TexZero.7910 said:

Well then, it's a good thing it's not a majority of people.
Just a very vocal minority of anti-social players who cannot/will not/ do not want to do anything but be gifted legendaries for simply existing.

Personally, I don’t view this as a negative development, to be fair. It’s not a big deal to engage with others, share knowledge, and foster connections—these are fundamental aspects that contribute to the appeal of mmos, not selling raids. If this change encourages individuals who are hesitant to share their API keys and biometrics with their raid leaders to participate more actively in the content they’ve paid for, then I’m fully on board.

However, I understand your perspective. Perhaps you believe that people should form guilds to maintain social connections, and a matchmaking system could potentially diminish the social aspect. Personally, my experiences with guilds since the game’s release haven’t been entirely positive. Maybe except us servers. 

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, artharon.9276 said:

Personally, I don’t view this as a negative development, to be fair. It’s not a big deal to engage with others, share knowledge, and foster connections—these are fundamental aspects that contribute to the appeal of mmos, not selling raids. If this change encourages individuals who are hesitant to share their API keys and biometrics with their raid leaders to participate more actively in the content they’ve paid for, then I’m fully on board.

However, I understand your perspective. Perhaps you believe that people should form guilds to maintain social connections, and a matchmaking system could potentially diminish the social aspect. Personally, my experiences with guilds since the game’s release haven’t been entirely positive. Maybe except us servers. 

Not my position in the slightest.

The problem i have is with the ever present goalpost shifting that keeps occuring for people who merely want to obtain something and come up with the most absurd reasons for not doing so.

That's before we even start to tackle how poorly thought out this idea is and how impractical a standard hotjoin would be given the nature of raids having a defined "pug" meta which is drastically different from that of the organized speed-runners/low man groups and the need for niche roles. There's no way that Anet would sink time, energy or effort into such a design as to just grab 10 random people and tell them GL;HF as that would just result in greater toxcity than they currently think exists.

• Like 1