Need some help with bounty question

Trying a bounty for the first time needed for griffon. Picked it up off the bounty board 2pm Saturday, failed it as it timed out. Here it is 8pm Wednesday and it still has not appeared  again on the bounty board to try again. In game I ask people and they say it will reset in 30mins, do they mean 30mins on the board, or the boss itself?. if that's the case does it mean I have the bounty quest already and just need to kill it?.

Thanks

think of bounties like events that you need to trigger by going in the area with a contract in hand.

like any other event, once they are done on the map by any player, they have a cooldown which is 30min for legendary bounties. (on kill or timeout)
after the cooldown the bounty will be back on the board until it is dead/timed out.

• Like 1

When you grab a bounty contract from the bounty board, it becomes available for you (or anyone else who interacted with the same contract) to trigger the event. Once anyone holding the bounty gets close enough to it that the actual bounty event starts, the 10 minute timer starts. Once the 10 minutes are up, the bounty will disappear from the map, and your contract ends/fails. You then have to wait for the bounty contract to show up at the board, which takes 15 minutes for champion bosses and 30 minutes for legendaries.

You could check LFG for groups that might be doing legendary bounties or general bounty trains in the map you're on.

Edited by RoseofGilead.8907

1 hour ago, Eirwen.9563 said:

Trying a bounty for the first time needed for griffon. Picked it up off the bounty board 2pm Saturday, failed it as it timed out. Here it is 8pm Wednesday and it still has not appeared  again on the bounty board to try again. In game I ask people and they say it will reset in 30mins, do they mean 30mins on the board, or the boss itself?. if that's the case does it mean I have the bounty quest already and just need to kill it?.

Thanks

As @RoseofGilead.8907 have explained, when you pick a bounty from bounty board it will start an event that you can see on map as a special bounty icon in centre and a ring around, that ring is the boarder for where time will start to count down if any body will step inside it.

That means if you pick up a bounty and someone are already at that place inside that ring, then countdown might already have been started just by someone standing there or doing other stuff.

When you create a party or join a squad, make sure that those on your party/squad know that they have to wait until rest of your group will reach that boarder marked as a ring/circle, so they don't trigger countdown too early for most of your group to fight that bounty.

Another tip is before you get close that boss, to target boss, so you can see which blue icon that boss will have. There will two blue icon which will tell you what kind of unstable magic (buff) that you have to manage as you fight that bounty.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Corrupted_Facet

List of Unstable Magic Abilities:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unstable_Magic_Abilities

In some cases bounty will spawn healing tendrils or other objects that you and group need kill to avoid bounty from healing up again. If you see tendrils, then try to use AoE of any kind to both damage Bounty Boss and kill those Tendrils.

Other Unstable Magic Ability is making use of reflective shield (while this is up, you and group need to avoid using projectiles as that will damage yourself - use in that case ground AoE or other skill that can't be reflected [or wait until shield will be down again - you will see when this effect is active by a large bobble around bounty boss - it is up for a short time and then you can continue with all your skills including weapon skill that acts as projectiles].

From what I understand Legendary Corrupted Facet is that bounty you will need for Griffon.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_Legendary_bounty_(Legendary_Corrupted_Facet)

Here is list of all Bounty and Bounty Boards, where those might spawn on map: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bounty

Always open your main map after you have picked Bounty (only the one person who have picked bounty from Bounty Board will see where it is, so you need to share that information with rest of group - use shift click on POI or WP to explain where it is while having chat active - it will create a chat link which make it easier to see where to go).

In the case of Legendary Corrupted Facet it will always spawn inside The Teratohedron, but make sure that you will have a large enough group as this Bounty have lot of other mechanic (three Unstable Magic Abilities instead of only two and drain effect from mobs spawn that spawn - see link about Defeat the Legendary Corrupted Facet).

It will probably be easier to get a group while there is WV objectives that are in Crystal Oasis where this Bounty is located. Ask for help in map chat and explain about this bounty that it have three UMA instead of only two and you will need some help to kill it in time (10 min), don't forget that you can also search for more players in LFG or see if there are already a group that are doing Bounty runs.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I hope you're not trying to solo it. The way to do a bounty is like this.

Make sure the zone meta isn't running. If it is, your look for people to help you will  be competing with something many people in the zone are already doing.

Take the bounty notice. A mark will appear on the map where the bounty spawns, but don't go there. You can go to the area, but not close, put on a mentor tag (or a commander tag if you have one) and wait for a few people to show up. The timer for the bounty won't start until you get close enough to trigger the bounty.

Call out in map chat that you need help with a bounty and link the closest point of interest so people can find you. Wait till you have at least a few people there.

Run in and kill the creature. The time limit starts when it spawns.

Best way to kill a bounty.

Another thing you can do is join a bounty train, but that's more of a luck thing.

• Like 1

If you're doing the Legendary Corrupted Facet you will need other people to help, no bounties are designed to be soloable and that one is a legendary so it's more difficult than the normal ones. It's important to get a group together before you trigger the bounty, because it isn't near any waypoints so by the time you've started it, asked for help, someone's seen it and made their way out there it's likely there won't be time left to kill it.

It doesn't need a lot of people, I've seen it succeed with 5, but the more you can get the better. It helps to put a message in LFG as well in map chat so people who aren't on your copy of the map can see you're doing it. (Or check LFG for other people putting groups together.)

• Like 1

ok thanks all!,  just got a little confused how after 3 days the bounty token had still not appeared on the board.

I'm a casual gamer very little time so I've noticed its a lot of waiting around for a group or reset, fingers crossed I get lucky.

2 hours ago, Eirwen.9563 said:

ok thanks all!,  just got a little confused how after 3 days the bounty token had still not appeared on the board.

I'm a casual gamer very little time so I've noticed its a lot of waiting around for a group or reset, fingers crossed I get lucky.

If you have more then one character, then park it at that location where that Bounty you need should spawn. At same place you have a Hero Challenge and a chest which you need Jackal or can use Skyscale to get up to (so you can do those things instead while waiting for Bounty to be active).

There is also some Hydra and other stuff not far from that pyramide which you could kill to get some loot from while waiting.

On 1/25/2024 at 12:10 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

legendary so it's more difficult than the normal ones.

strictly speaking seems it should be so, but it's not entirely true - there are some Champions that much more stronger than others Legendaries...

20 hours ago, Eirwen.9563 said:

just got a little confused how after 3 days the bounty token had still not appeared on the board.

what is "bounty token" ? you mean you are waiting for some creature to complete it? 3 days? It cannot be so) Champion bounties reappear after 15 minutes)

Edited by taara.3217

On 1/25/2024 at 9:26 PM, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

If you have more then one character, then park it at that location where that Bounty you need should spawn. At same place you have a Hero Challenge and a chest which you need Jackal or can use Skyscale to get up to (so you can do those things instead while waiting for Bounty to be active).

There is also some Hydra and other stuff not far from that pyramide which you could kill to get some loot from while waiting.

ok so I get about half an hour play per day, I picked up the bounty up last week off the board and failed. So best to park myself close to the spawn spot so when I logon hope its active?

thanks for the advice.

25 minutes ago, Eirwen.9563 said:

ok so I get about half an hour play per day, I picked up the bounty up last week off the board and failed. So best to park myself close to the spawn spot so when I logon hope its active?

thanks for the advice.

If you only play 30 mins a day better park a character at the bounty board and when you see it up you ask in mapchat if anyone want to do the bounty then pick it up when you got a few people saying yes.