Afk'ing is a valid strategy that mirrors Anet's blatant disregard for pvp

If you don't like the result of the game, instead of sending spam to the chat, don't stay afk and leave the game, because due to your incompetence in staying afk, the rest of us are in a 4 vs 5 that can be overcome. But since you think you are a super PRO, your answer is I'm complaining because you are bots and I'm not.

• Confused 1

On 1/29/2024 at 3:44 AM, RatherUnexpected.5603 said:

I've seen matches turn hard on some maps. Capricorn? I've seen the winning team get complacent at 400 points, lose their momentum, and get surprised by the bell accumulating. Foefire and Coliseum? I've seen the lengthy open-space distances between the nodes result in a single battle at far result in a team getting simultaneously wiped, followed by a sudden halt to all progress because all the nodes got captures before they could redeploy. Temple? I once saw a match where a well-timed capture resulted in a team losing... at 495 points. Niflhel? Seen dominant teams get kill-stolen to a loss with the NPCs.

Spirt Watch? People fighting at spawn and ignoring all nodes as I scream 'welcome to pvp' (or BEAR) and run by with the orb? Instant 500-100 domination!

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

On 1/29/2024 at 3:14 AM, Flowki.7194 said:

I go AFK if we are slaughtering them, 0 compitition. Only time I won't go afk is if they have a DH, I like to watch them bleed out.

Yeah right. I was in a match with you where you stated you won't fight DHs and went afk.

• Haha 1

for real though I likely won't afk from pvp as I'll still do the daily and weekly since its easy. also might get a set of heavy legendary next, idk...we'll see. just wish anet threw us a bone, like a new map or something. all good dawgs need a new bone from time to time.

• Confused 1

in WvW, it’s funny when commanders meet a superior group of players, by the second loss they decide to either change maps to go ppt or rage quit and log…but have no problems W keying PPT pug zergs themselves.

The truth is, if you can’t accept losing, your just bad at the game and you’ll never get better to be honest.

If you don’t get better, you lose more. You lose more you afk more. You afk more you don’t get better…

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

in WvW, it’s funny when commanders meet a superior group of players, by the second loss they decide to either change maps to go ppt or rage quit and log…but have no problems W keying PPT pug zergs themselves.

The truth is, if you can’t accept losing, your just bad at the game and you’ll never get better to be honest.

If you don’t get better, you lose more. You lose more you afk more. You afk more you don’t get better…

funny because I'm a gold 2 and climbing 🤷‍♂️

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Quintoozla.7893 said:

Yeah right. I was in a match with you where you stated you won't fight DHs and went afk.

Yeah well, if players are kitten enough to bandwaggon a low skill spec, then I reserve the right not to play against 2x DH. Maybe have some more self respect, bandwaggons?

If you are playing core gaurd, try any other support? If WB, try herald/hammer cata, if DH, try power untamed.. see how badly you do. Realise its not skill.

Edited by Flowki.7194

On 1/30/2024 at 10:04 AM, Shao.7236 said:

I've won people games just by insisting on that last decap, often games being 300-490 just for us to snowball the entire team after that and win. Comebacks can happen so quickly and it's quite satisfying when they do, all it takes is people that are competent enough to check the map and anticipate the fights.

I recall one game where we clawed the game back from roughly 425 points where the other team had 499. Got that last decap just in time and managed to avoid conceding even a single point for about a minute. That was pretty intense.

It isn't over until you physically can't decap fast enough, and it's hard to pick when that is, so you might as well try.

On 1/31/2024 at 9:49 PM, Luthan.5236 said:

This strongly depends on the team and the mood though. And if people start to argue in chat it often seems already lost when you are still ahead in points. 😄 Always a bad sign. (Though I had a few wins where someone always complained and we still won.) And the map awareness often seems the thing other players are weakest. (Personally I am better but less good at combat and only playing mid skill tier/rank.) They sometimes even run away when an thief is already moving (for decap) from the other side towards the point they just recapped. No defense. Not always. But like 80 percent of the players seem like that. No adaption. Every time the same.

I've often said that the biggest predictor of a loss is when people start attacking their own team in chat. Short of being 4v5 from the beginning, and I'm not even sure about that. (Although winning when you're 4v5 from the beginning probably is a sign of a matchmaker fail).

15 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

funny because I'm a gold 2 and climbing 🤷‍♂️

let me fix your thread title for you:

'How do i justify selfish self centred behaviour when i've decided I would rather waste 10 minutes and guarantee my team loses than playing a game I think my team will lose'

PVP is NOT  just about winning.

it's okay to afk in 2v2 and 3v3 because if for instance in 2v2 ur partner isn't respecting you/talking down to you and stuff, or being insulting, then you shouldn't play and help that person win. Afk to teach them some manners 100%. Your dignity is worth the loss. Same with 3v3.

In 5v5 it's a bit different, you should really only afk if you already have a DC or an AFKer, otherwise keep playing no matter how bad it may look, best case scenario you flip it and win, worst case you lose but you're already losing, but you can still learn something by playing. Experience & knowledge counts for a lot in gw2 pvp.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

it's okay to afk in 2v2 and 3v3 because if for instance in 2v2 ur partner isn't respecting you/talking down to you and stuff, or being insulting, then you shouldn't play and help that person win. Afk to teach them some manners 100%. Your dignity is worth the loss. Same with 3v3.

This happens in conquest too

Sorry all I’m not going to try in a match where we have 60 points to the other team’s 400. I don’t afk early, only when my team can’t even break 100 and the other team has 400. I know its possible to come back, but that requires people who will listen to strat, which usually doesn’t happen.