Please remove Sturgeon fish from Possession Achievement

Why do i have to fish for hours to get this item for a weapon part ? Whats the deal with the fish ? I do not want to fish. I am about to reach Master Caster yet i do not get a Sturgeon fish when i fish in fishing hole in New Kaineng City. Cant you guys replace with something different ? I didint even grind too much for Cursed Flintlock and Bo Staff. Like why fishing ? Whats the point of fishing ? How much fishing requires for exotic item ? Do you guys want me to do 5/5 fishing for Sturgeon so i can get my Posession Scepter and never come back to Cantha again because all i do is PVP and WvW ?

• Confused 13
  • Sad 1

Sometimes we have to do things we don't like.  Best bet would be just do it for a little every day.  Pop a fish jerky, fishing food, sit in your skiff for half an hour or so a day, and then go do something else.  People who PvE only, don't like having to grind Gift of Battle, but here we are.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Farohna.6247 said:

Sometimes we have to do things we don't like.  Best bet would be just do it for a little every day.  Pop a fish jerky, fishing food, sit in your skiff for half an hour or so a day, and then go do something else.  People who PvE only, don't like having to grind Gift of Battle, but here we are.

fishing and skif more like gimmick job, people who enjoys it totally i respect them. thats their play time and their investment but seriously lets just get rid off it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

I disagree with getting rid of everything that someone dislikes.  I may not like parts of the game, but if I want the end result, I do them...or don't.  

It has literally no impact for gameplay, i grind at maguuma i enjoy it every mastery skill of maguma working a loooooooot. Same as Crystal Desert you get mount and upgrading them. This this is just a for relaxing and enjoying something not even relevant with pvp or wvw or pve.

Edited by Batsu.3489
pet:mount.
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Batsu.3489 said:

It has literally no impact for gameplay, i grind at maguuma i enjoy it every mastery skill of maguma working a loooooooot. Same as Crystal Desert you get pets and upgrading them. This this is just a for relaxing and enjoying something not even relevant with pvp or wvw or pve.

And not everyone enjoys HoT or PoF necessarily...if you read the forums there are complaints about collections and bounties and events, etc.  There will always be something you don't like.  But will you do it, or just complain that they should just remove it because you don't like it?   That's up to you.  

Good luck, happy fishing!  I am but a cod swimming amongst mere minnows.   🐟

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Farohna.6247 said:

And not everyone enjoys HoT or PoF necessarily...if you read the forums there are complaints about collections and bounties and events, etc.  There will always be something you don't like.  But will you do it, or just complain that they should just remove it because you don't like it?   That's up to you.  

Good luck, happy fishing!  I am but a cod swimming amongst mere minnows.   🐟

If achievement collections requires something i will use im great with that. Im totally fine as i said this is just not part of pve-pvp-wvw. Catch a fish sure but wait a minute its exotic how long i have been fishing ? Oh yeah days, buying bait, buying lures still got nothing. Im not saying get rid off fishing entirely im just saying Posssession is irrelevant to fishing.

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Exotic fish suck balls to collect. I've caught as many legendary as I have exotic, and lots of threads have the exact same complaints.

Keep at it or just craft an ascended scepter. You can try stacking fishing power but I never noticed any difference.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

My advice is since the Sturgeon is an "any bait" fish, is to use a bait that none of the other Cantha fish specifically want. Scorpions for example. That way you have better odds of catching the Sturgeon, since you're removing all fish that want a specific bait from the pool.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Oh, and here i thought we were talking about an entertainment medium, not a work.

Subjective on what's fun.  But just because you can't find a piece of the jigsaw puzzle, doesn't mean we should throw out the puzzle, or that it's work.  

Edited by Farohna.6247
Typo
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Subjective on what's fun.  But just because you can't find a piece of the jigsaw puzzle, doesn't mean we should throw out the puzzle, or that it's work.  

A jigzaw puzzle is fun for those that like jigsaw puzzles. It's a bit different however if we'd be requiring someone to solve a jigzaw puzzle before they are allowed to watch a football match.

• Like 1
  • Confused 9

4 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

A jigzaw puzzle is fun for those that like jigsaw puzzles. It's a bit different however if we'd be requiring someone to solve a jigzaw puzzle before they are allowed to watch a football match.

So he's unable to play the game without that collection or what is this comparison supposed to be saying here? 🤔

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Comparing a fish in an optional collection to a made up scenario where people are forced to solve puzzles to access content is one of the wildest comparisons I've seen in GW2.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

Just now, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Comparing a fish in an optional collection to a made up scenario where people are forced to solve puzzles to access content is one of the wildest comparisons I've seen in GW2.

Okay, since that went over your heard, i will use a simpler comparison. Presenting a jigsaw puzzle to someone that likes jigsaw puzzles creates fun. Presenting a jigsaw puzzle to someone that does not like jigsaw puzzles does not.

Fishing is supposed to be an optional activity for those that like it. As this, it is fine. As something that is required for something completely unrelated to it, it is much less fine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

4 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Okay, since that went over your heard, i will use a simpler comparison. Presenting a jigsaw puzzle to someone that likes jigsaw puzzles creates fun. Presenting a jigsaw puzzle to someone that does not like jigsaw puzzles does not.

Fishing is supposed to be an optional activity for those that like it. As this, it is fine. As something that is required for something completely unrelated to it, it is much less fine.

So if someone dislikes jigsaw puzzles, they just put them aside and pick a lego set. Similarly, if someone doesn't like fishing here, they don't do it and instead play the rest of the game.
I don't think your comparison somehow "went over anyone's head", it was just terribly irrelevant and intentionally overblown to show this situation as something that it's not.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 8
  • Confused 2

Just now, Astralporing.1957 said:

It didn't go over my head, your comparison was just stupid. You made a stupid comparison considering the thread is about an optional collection requiring a stupid fish. Fishing IS an optional activity, so are the collections. I've done only 2 of the EoD collections, one reason is I just don't like fishing. Strangely, I'm having fun in the game, I'm not prevented from playing the game just because I don't have a certain collection finished.

If you are not allowed to leave the side of a lake until you catch a certain fish then you can make those comparisons, but as long as it's "hey if you want this item you need to do this" comparing that to being forced to do puzzles before being allowed to play is just overexaggerated stupidity that reminds me of the temper tantrums my 7 year old niece is throwing.

If you don't like the jigsaw puzzle don't do the jigsaw puzzle, but don't complain that you don't get the reward for it that people who like or simply are just fine with jigsaw puzzles get for doing it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

My advice is since the Sturgeon is an "any bait" fish, is to use a bait that none of the other Cantha fish specifically want. Scorpions for example. That way you have better odds of catching the Sturgeon, since you're removing all fish that want a specific bait from the pool.

I would also add try NOT using sardines.  Sometimes what you would think would help, doesn't.  

• Like 1