Worlds Restructuring or no Worlds Restructuring? What are even the differences?

MeGa.8730

On 2/1/2024 at 8:55 AM, Skeptic.5437 said:

Now comes the tricky part of the system:
You play primarily with that guild. They current system allows server communities. These server communities will switch to "guild communities". Guild communities are limited to 500 accounts.
The trouble comes now, that these communities are either big casual communities, which have multiple commanders with "public" tags
OR guild communities of dedicated wvw raiding guilds with their schedules and less public tags.

Yes.  Switching from server to guild communities is basically a change being made.

But trouble doesn't come just now.  That trouble has always existed.  For every time someone in the past advertised their server community it was always "we're fights server" or "we roamer server" or "we play the game as intended".

I'll never forget: FERG's, NOT ZERGS!

Now it'll be "we're fights alliance" or "we are roamer alliance", etc.

Yea it all can seem sort of redundant, too much of a copy and paste kind of thing. No matter what team I'm on I always run into what seems like the same group of players. Randomly tagging along (pve and wvw) on their neon colored mounts and not participating just eyeballing a brother, like they're my personal avatar.

But who am I to complain just another day gw2, if they're enjoying themselves oh well. Does that mean my toons should to be watch? I don't think so after 12+ years of being reminded how bad I am. So I guess they like the flow of my guys(thx), pun intended.😉

On 2/3/2024 at 10:15 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I do think this might a EU versus NA environment. I think you have more larger groups where we have some but we have many more smaller groups. So how many guilds are you seeing in these large alliances would you say?

My understanding is that EU really does play differently than NA on some things.  For example, EU tends to have far more active server discords and teamspeaks that are actually used by pugmanders and guilds than what is found in NA, as has been related to me by some EU players.  The typical NA server discord is mostly cat memes and the occasional rally ping inviting members to join a guild discord.  So EU's casual players have been conditioned to consider tags as "their commander" even if they aren't a member of that commander's guild.  That's why it seems like more often it's the EU players posting here about server community than the NA players.

Also, historically, the casual EU player has a reputation of being far more willing to run a meta build and participate in the large server zergs than the NA players.  Think about how NA guilds get frustrated when they can't get on a map queued by players who aren't willing to follow the tag.  EU sidesteps this because their players are far more willing.

On 2/3/2024 at 7:47 AM, joneirikb.7506 said:

My server was the original bandwagon (Kaineng), a gigantic guild transferred in during the tournaments, and dragged others with them. They completely took over the server, if you wanted to put a more negative spin on it you could call it a "Hostile Takeover". And when they got to T2 and realized they couldn't fight T1 they abandoned the server and transferred elsewhere (thus leaving the server in months of Glicko hell on its way back to T8).

I remember it well because my server was in those T2 matches smacking KN back down.  It wasn't the only instance of that either.  T2 in NA became a gatekeeping tier.  WvW eventually became unhealthy for the servers below T2 because of the loss in population due to quitting and transferring.  If someone didn't have that experience like yours, I think they have a hard time understanding why changes should be made.

Edited by Chaba.5410

53 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Yes.  Switching from server to guild communities is basically a change being made.

But trouble doesn't come just now.  That trouble has always existed.  For every time someone in the past advertised their server community it was always "we're fights server" or "we roamer server" or "we play the game as intended".

I'll never forget: FERG's, NOT ZERGS!

FC since the beginning. C'mon the Ferg!

11yrs and we (at least the original FC vets) still play our own game. The amount of "Thank God WR is over, I missed FC and you folks." brought a tear to my eye I'll tell ya. 🙂

Edited by Doo Lally.8594

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

My understanding is that EU really does play differently than NA on some things.  For example, EU tends to have far more active server discords and teamspeaks that are actually used by pugmanders and guilds than what is found in NA, as has been related to me by some EU players.  The typical NA server discord is mostly cat memes and the occasional rally ping inviting members to join a guild discord.  So EU's casual players have been conditioned to consider tags as "their commander" even if they aren't a member of that commander's guild.  That's why it seems like more often it's the EU players posting here about server community than the NA players.

Also, historically, the casual EU player has a reputation of being far more willing to run a meta build and participate in the large server zergs than the NA players.  Think about how NA guilds get frustrated when they can't get on a map queued by players who aren't willing to follow the tag.  EU sidesteps this because their players are far more willing.

I can only speak for myself but my trajectory made me more trusting of the usual pugs more than the guilds and blob commanders. Those pugs were there every match but also every ugly fight or evacuated map, and I could gauge how far into a fight they could and would go before bailing and what they were capable of and how tuned in they were to their team and everything else.

Rambling you can ignore: 

Spoiler

The last guild+friends blob that was the pillar of our server had some drama around it at some point and most of them transferred. I didn't mind being on their voice comms when I'd zerg with them but sometimes it was painful and a different vibe and fight chatter than I was used to in other games and I kind of got that from other GW2 guilds so I mostly dipped from voice comms also. A partial reason I quit jumping on that squad bus was because I knew changing my build wasn't the answer they needed nor was getting more of their cannon fodder on the map and I was done hearing that noise. So, I mostly floated around with other pugs after that and have been doing that since. 

I still hit up zergs mostly and fight with our servers squads who are there now or who swing by for a match or two and I like most of them as well as their commanders, but I don't join their squad so I'm not a dot for them to see squireling around and then I make sure not to mess up their circle blasts or give away their plotting like stealth rushes or whatever. (I join when I get an invite but I have to hope they're cool with me moving how I move. It's directly tuned into them, but they might not see it that way when I'm responding to stuff or getting ahead of something). 

I feel like I hear a lot of people from other servers having a similar stretch of years. I don't know if it's so much a willingness or not, but it's definitely a conditioning depending on the server and time zone. Maybe NA just had more of a shaky time during that stretch or didn't handle it as well. 

Edited by kash.9213