Best place to rally?

I'm currently leveling up 3 characters, and I've run out of tomes of knowledge, so I'm relying on the Adventure guide to get xp real good.

Problem is... I never needed to do this till recently, and the characters end up dying a lot of times, because they either drop from too high, or get overwhelmed by too many foes, because only one or two can't get the job done.

So, a place where you can get the rally point to count without the actual risk for the characters to get KOed?

Thanks in advance.

Peace ✌️ 

• Confused 2

I don't believe it counts for the achievement when others help, you have to rally yourself. Or there's a % or something.

I find a spot in a starter zone away from everyone, say where there are 2-3 bats (for example). Just stand there until they down me, then rally.

Numerous times I've had someone come along and "help" by taking them out when I'm almost downed. Grrr. Start over.

You could do this in an instance as well, just your next story step, or a level 1 fractal maybe, but there are plenty of places few people visit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You can try something like get the gear with more toughtness, so the health get down a bit slower, then go to the low lever zone, cut the number of enemies to 1, let it downstate you and then kill it.

You could also try meta events like world bosses, and use aoe buffs and damage, so you have a lot of rally potencial.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

So, a place where you can get the rally point to count without the actual risk for the characters to get KOed?

Thanks in advance.

Peace ✌️ 

Not sure if I understand... In the respawn point from the telepor tome of Sandwept Isles the NPJ will always rezz you...

• Confused 2

18 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

I'm currently leveling up 3 characters, and I've run out of tomes of knowledge, so I'm relying on the Adventure guide to get xp real good.

Problem is... I never needed to do this till recently, and the characters end up dying a lot of times, because they either drop from too high, or get overwhelmed by too many foes, because only one or two can't get the job done.

Thanks in advance.

Peace ✌️ 

You will get that achievement for Rally without even doing anything special if you level up your character. All you need to do is get in downstate once and then use #1 to kill close by NPC to Rally from downstate. You can aggro a Neutral (yellow) NPC by hitting it once, let it attack you until you get in downstate and then use #1 (basic attack skill from when you are in downstate - you will late get access to more downstate skill when you character progress or when you get to expansion where you can unlock a special downstate skill).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rally

(Describing what Rally means and how you do it)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Downed

(What skills you have access to while in downstate will be depending on core profession).

I would suggest that you create a character with high base HP and #1 Downstate skill that still do enough damage. You need level that character to level 5 to unlock basic downstate attack skill (see link above).

Elementalist as profession have the lowest HP from start (no gear) and also its no 1 attack in downstate isn't that great.

Necromancer have a heal skill (drain) from no 1, so for this it can be useful to have created a Necro just to get this achievement done and then delete that throw away character.

You can also ask someone on map chat to help you out here, as long as you tag that creature (NPC) and then before you get fully dead, if somebody else will kill that create you will also Rally.

That is technic that useful to know for new players, as sometimes it is best to find any NPC which is likely to be low on HP to get to soon killed from other players around and that way you Rally.

This is used in WvW and why some players complain that Rally should be removed as if they have put a hostile player in downstate they will need to fast use a Finisher or completely kill that enemy player before that hostile player can make any use of another players death to Rally back up by just tagging any player with low health or NPC that is soon to be dead (Defeated).

____

As you describe that you take fall damage and your three characters die too easy, I would expect that it means you haven't unlocked Gliding yet? When you do that (from HoT Mastery Track), then you will not have that issue as you use Spacebar (default key bind) to start Gliding instead when your character are in air.

When you have unlocked Gliding (or any Mastery) it will be shared on your account, so even a low level character will have access to those skills or abilities.

(Looking at your post count here on GW2 forum with around 2K post I would expect that you not completely new to Mastery and all that, but even so, you have at least that information here. Maybe you have started a new account and there for will have some issues with your characters?)

Fighting too many enemies is possible to solve with getting skill that have AoE in some form. If you have unlocked skills that can summon pets/minions, then use those to tank for you will killing off those small groups of NPCs. Use Ranged weapons to avoid getting too close and aggro those NPCs.

At start your characters will have an easier time when you keep to the old level system *(meaning if you create an Asura or Sylvari as an example), you have low level maps around those starting cities. Farm those and level up gradually (and do map completion as that is part of the same progression anyway), do some Personal Story as you get XP from that too and tools like gear, weapon or items that are useful for level up.

* With "the old level system" I mean zones have certain level range which is indicated on main map as like level range: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zone

(Scroll down and you will see level range for each map zone)

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

You will get that achievement for Rally without even doing anything special if you level up your character. All you need to do is get in downstate once and then use #1 to kill close by NPC to Rally from downstate. You can aggro a Neutral (yellow) NPC by hitting it once, let it attack you until you get in downstate and then use #1 (basic attack skill from when you are in downstate - you will late get access to more downstate skill when you character progress or when you get to expansion where you can unlock a special downstate skill).

And if one wants to do that, pick a necro.

Edited by CafPow.1542

I would note for the benefit of folks making suggestions- the adventure guide achievements are on a per-character basis, so making another character might not help if they want to go through the adventure guide on a specific character.

Imo the easiest way to get it would be to pick a fight with a weak enemy, and then stop attacking completely to give it a chance to down you. (You can press the escape key twice to stop autoattacking!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Urud.4925 said:

Aggro few yellow mobs and let them down you: you can kill one of them easily once downed (the problem is just that you have to wait until they put you down 😕 )

Indeed.

That's one of the problems, because by the time the "rallying" is unlocked, the character is already level 10+ and a foe that can be easily killed takes forever to down the character.

Also, it's not guaranteed the character will revive itself.

One of the times I tried, I went in all confident that it would survive, and it wasn't doing enough damage, ending up dead.

I deleted the character out of rage.

I think I will just do what I've always done to level up my characters.

Run around maps with mounts, unreveal terrain, getting points of interest, vistas, way points, and hero points.

This hero guide method is only good up to levels 10 to 15.

After that, it's just a frustratingly lengthy process.

Thank you all anyways for the suggestions. 

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2