Character Creation Updates

Is it just me, or do other people want their own unlocked dyes to affect things like their hair/accessories/etc?

Not skin or fur (for charr).

I don't know, I've seen this as something I've wanted to theorize about, it just sounds like a bump to increase the value of dyes too. Obviously it would expand the dye system quite a bit, probably require a UI revamp to categorize them, etc.

There are plenty of other things, I'm sure, people want... But this is just something I could see being pretty nice.

• Thanks 1

Unlikely to happen seeing as the Total Makeover Kit has bonus colours available, and it's a Gem Store item.

That said, I do think unlocked dyes should be added to the new character creator for starter armour... but I realise you can just re-dye your armour after you get in game, so it hardly matters. Just a quick QoL thing I guess.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Wouldn't this defeat the purposes of the Hair and Makeover kits?  I'd think that Anet would rather keep monetizing those rather than giving this away for free.  Also, I can't really see how this would impact the value of dyes.

16 hours ago, Kiki.9450 said:

Unlikely to happen seeing as the Total Makeover Kit has bonus colours available, and it's a Gem Store item.

That said, I do think unlocked dyes should be added to the new character creator for starter armour... but I realise you can just re-dye your armour after you get in game, so it hardly matters. Just a quick QoL thing I guess.

i think they mean your unlocked dyes are included in those Bonus Colours within the Makeover kit UI, and not "allow us to dye our own hair without a kit"

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Well, if that's the case, then sure  🙂

Seconded. I'm all for more cosmetic customisation, just needs to make sense in the world and in the confines of the game's ability and budget.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

i think they mean your unlocked dyes are included in those Bonus Colours within the Makeover kit UI, and not "allow us to dye our own hair without a kit"

Yeah, I did mean this, I realize after I posted it I didn't update that.

I meant specifically with the Total Makeover Kits or Hair-only equivalent.

Also a fair point with the whole neon thing, I think my innocent mind was just focusing on variety of more mundane shades. Basically fine-tuning lol.

My idea - would be to implement colour wheel instead of adding new colour picks. Takes care of eventually growing palette and ppl still need to buy them to change their looks.

But I'm not hoping for anything since --when did we had new colour added the last time?

Edited by Marge.4035