When will "restructuring" become the norm?

Hate to be the one to inform you about this, but the garbage you are seeing at the moment is actually regular WvW.  The beta ended weeks ago.

For the question at hand, when Anet gives more info you'll probably see it all over the forum. Otherwise no one here has any clue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 7

4 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Hate to be the one to inform you about this, but the garbage you are seeing at the moment is actually regular WvW.  The beta ended weeks ago.

For the question at hand, when Anet gives more info you'll probably see it all over the forum. Otherwise no one here has any clue.

Clearly you don't regularly play the game mode

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scolix.4879 said:

Can't be soon enough because even with its problems it actually was fun compared to playing against these gigantic blobs

Well I hope you like gigantic blobs because as far as I can tell that is exactly what World Restructuring will encourage.

If the system is implemented my prediction is that as time progresses what we will end up with is massive community guild blobs.

Instead of being limited by available players on their server, guilds will be free to recruit players each time worlds are reshuffled, free from the burden of transfer costs. Like a snowball rolling down a mountain until they become an avalanche.

Enjoy!

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Nugatory.8920 said:

Well I hope you like gigantic blobs because as far as I can tell that is exactly what World Restructuring will encourage.

If the system is implemented my prediction is that as time progresses what we will end up with is massive community guild blobs.

Instead of being limited by available players on their server, guilds will be free to recruit players each time worlds are reshuffled, free from the burden of transfer costs. Like a snowball rolling down a mountain until they become an avalanche.

Enjoy!

Then make siege weapons do 5000% more damage to blobs problem solved those things have gigantic ground target marker if people cant dodge them they should just insta die. 

Or just remove boons entirely and balance classes without all that crap boon balls/blobs are just most boring "gameplay" i have ever seen i hate both playing in one and playing against them.

Edited by Scolix.4879
More ideas for the post
  • Confused 1

Not anytime soon, based on the last beta.

Which fixed little, in reality nothing, after 8 betas. With the current state of the populations in wvw, it's not really surprising, after almost 12 years since this game, first launched.

Then you hax some of segregated guild communities, which from what I've seen, are even worse than current wve communities despite the Linking system and the. transfers.

During the last beta, they paired multiple  guild communities on some worlds which used differemt discords, also alot were running just closed tryhard blob squads and not that many open tags , partly because of how stacked the world was Too.

Edited by RisingDawn.5796

I think it could be fun to have both. Restructuring for people that like it. Keeping the servers ... even classic servers without linking - for people that prefer it that way. Would mean less players populating the matchups. But if restructuring is that great then a lot should play there. No one shoudl need to fear low playerbase there.

+ with the restructuring not using a fixed amount (like the servers) they could tweak based on the number of players. (Just needs to be a multiple of 3 so you can make matchups correctly.)

Old servers could stay legacy - without linking. If there were not enoug players people could play the restructured thing. (New "shards", "teams" or whatever it is called.) A checkbox before season start to decided which type you want to play. Or just letting both active for everyone. I think I would like it even a bit more to see less population then in the old servers. Gives other options than the big zerging. (As long as we do not have a mid-sized PvP game mode with 10-20 vs 10-20 matches.)

4 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

I think it could be fun to have both. Restructuring for people that like it. Keeping the servers ... even classic servers without linking - for people that prefer it that way. Would mean less players populating the matchups. But if restructuring is that great then a lot should play there. No one shoudl need to fear low playerbase there.

+ with the restructuring not using a fixed amount (like the servers) they could tweak based on the number of players. (Just needs to be a multiple of 3 so you can make matchups correctly.)

Old servers could stay legacy - without linking. If there were not enoug players people could play the restructured thing. (New "shards", "teams" or whatever it is called.) A checkbox before season start to decided which type you want to play. Or just letting both active for everyone. I think I would like it even a bit more to see less population than in the old servers. Gives other options than the big zerging. (As long as we do not have a mid-sized PvP game mode with 10-20 vs 10-20 matches.)

Ah so instead of everyone going WR or everyone sticking with linkage forever, we screw over WvW for everyone with a loose-loose idea of multiple WvWs since Anet can’t magically duplicate players. Great plan. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2