Quickness and Alacrity in WvW

Szatko.8132

On 2/17/2024 at 6:43 AM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I'm wondering why out of all things to hit that Anet chose random bits of alacrity.  Alacrity as a boon is only good for long term fights when applied for long durations itself.  I.E. if a skill has a 30 second cooldown, under alacrity it will be 24 seconds, but that is only if you have 24 seconds worth of alacrity on you for that entire duration.  The boons that make the balls so strong are protection, regeneration, stability, fury, and might.  

I mean, you have to consider that alacrity is reducing the CD of ALL the skills and abilities and not just of that theoretical 30s cd. There are other abilities that have much shorter cooldown and being able to cast something 1 or 2 seconds sooner makes a HUGE difference in a fight. To be honest at this point it would be much healthier for the game to just get rid off quickness, leave alacrity to be a chronomancer-specific self buff and rework the boon system in general. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 11:47 AM, Szatko.8132 said:

I mean, you have to consider that alacrity is reducing the CD of ALL the skills and abilities and not just of that theoretical 30s cd. There are other abilities that have much shorter cooldown and being able to cast something 1 or 2 seconds sooner makes a HUGE difference in a fight. To be honest at this point it would be much healthier for the game to just get rid off quickness, leave alacrity to be a chronomancer-specific self buff and rework the boon system in general. 

That's almost what is happening in todays patch, Renegades, mesmers and sillybenders will be the main sauce for alacrity and other's haveing it removed.

Soon i bet Anet will give the same treatment to quickness, i hope so..

IMO chrono should be the main sause of alc and quickness but never both boons in the same build, a player could focyus only in quickness or alacrity.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

On 2/25/2024 at 4:58 AM, Aeolus.3615 said:

That means the zerg is figthing much smaller numbers...

Guess what theres no fight there.... that's the same as say  alacrity is not strong cause a zerg kills 10 players under 10 seconds... kitten lol

I mean ya…zergs roll over people due to superior numbers, since that matters far more in fight outcome

you have to remember that both forces have boons and probably maximal boon uptime by the time they are 10-15 people.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684

20 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

That's almost what is happening in todays patch, Renegades, mesmers and sillybenders will be the main sauce for alacrity and other's haveing it removed.

Soon i bet Anet will give the same treatment to quickness, i hope so..

IMO chrono should be the main sause of alc and quickness but never both boons in the same build, a player could focyus only in quickness or alacrity.

Having alac or quickness being limited to only chronos would not affect the amount of alacrity and quickness in organised squads. It will only create a situation where people are spamming these builds to cover both of these boons for everyone in the squad. That's what was happening when alacrity was introduced to chronomancers as their spec mechanic back in HoT...