power untamed is busted beyond belief

Eddie.9143

There are things worth noting. Untamed is fairly balanced in 5v5s, it can roam really well, deal some good damage, handle some team fight situations, the works.

Also note that things like D/D (or Hammer) Catalyst can do similar things. What are some things these two have in common? A plethora of buttons to select and juggle. In a 1v1 they can be straight up obnoxious to fight due to their flexibility. But flexibility is a good thing.

Power Untamed isn't busted, other specs just aren't given the opportunity to be as flexible. The upcoming changes will be changing that, possibly for Willbender, and will open some doors for options more and more.

I'm enthusiastic to see Willbender smacking harder while also have damage reduction from F3 + prot/resolution.

They're giving Elementalist more buttons via Arcane Wave being a leap.... But also smacking FA Weaver pretty hard.

Edit: Forgot to mention the only thing that might need looked at is Storm Spirit having no tell is a bit insane, just give it an AoE tell.

Edited by Vinny.7260
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Vinny.7260 said:

There are things worth noting. Untamed is fairly balanced in 5v5s, it can roam really well, deal some good damage, handle some team fight situations, the works.

Also note that things like D/D (or Hammer) Catalyst can do similar things. What are some things these two have in common? A plethora of buttons to select and juggle. In a 1v1 they can be straight up obnoxious to fight due to their flexibility. But flexibility is a good thing.

Power Untamed isn't busted, other specs just aren't given the opportunity to be as flexible. The upcoming changes will be changing that, possibly for Willbender, and will open some doors for options more and more.

I'm enthusiastic to see Willbender smacking harder while also have damage reduction from F3 + prot/resolution.

They're giving Elementalist more buttons via Arcane Wave being a leap.... But also smacking FA Weaver pretty hard.

Edit: Forgot to mention the only thing that might need looked at is Storm Spirit having no tell is a bit insane, just give it an AoE tell.

ppl are annoyed of being nearly one shot from stealth, a thing that catalyst can't do, it also has more mobility on top of, again, stealth.

It's going to be nerfed if it wins mat anyways.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

ppl are annoyed of being nearly one shot from stealth, a thing that catalyst can't do, it also has more mobility on top of, again, stealth.

Why not just give other professions more reveal then? That's a way to nerf Untamed without nerfing Untamed.

We've got a bunch of utilities that are great advocates for being upgraded to have more, well, more.

Willbender could totally use a reveal, Ele could use a reveal, Warrior needs a better reveal, etc etc. Maybe even Necromancer getting a reveal (although condi Reaper kinda bullies Untamed anyway).

13 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

give everyone a smoke field so everything can be flexible

Or give people the ability to handle stealth better via a utility slot swap or trait swap. Upgrades people, upgrades.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Vinny.7260 said:

Why not just give other professions more reveal then? That's a way to nerf Untamed without nerfing Untamed.

We've got a bunch of utilities that are great advocates for being upgraded to have more, well, more.

Willbender could totally use a reveal, Ele could use a reveal, Warrior needs a better reveal, etc etc. Maybe even Necromancer getting a reveal (although condi Reaper kinda bullies Untamed anyway).

I'm against nerfing stealth overall, i think stealth spam is an issue, but it's a thief only issue. 

I'm not sure about this  "nerf Untamed without nerfing Untamed", it's more likely to happen nerf a bunch of core stuff to nerf untamed. And in this case i'd like to nerf untamed to nerf untamed.

7 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

There has not been any untamed in the finals (on EU) for a while now whereas there have been some cata. Also cata fa has more mobility than untamed. Both specs are good but have been slightly below what others brought for mat but versatile enough for ranked.

Edited by aymnad.9023

@Khalisto.5780 @Vinny.7260 @Gotejjeken.1267 This is a prime opportunity to bring other classes up to Ranger, instead of breaking ranger down. Undounbtley - core will be focused and the profession will be damaged for a few months. 

I would be consistent on the forums to request other classes have adjustments made to them and be VERY VERY specific for Anet - instead of asking ranger to get rocked vaguely.  Just my two cents here - no real dog in this fight tbh. Just tired of things being torn away with the wave of a hand. We barley got a game mode left. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

This is a prime opportunity to bring other classes up to Ranger, instead of breaking ranger down. Undounbtley - core will be focused and the profession will be damaged for a few months. 

Well, they did remove shared anguish as part of upcoming patch and that's a core trait--so the pre-nerfs have begun.

Out of curiosity, what other classes need to be brought up to ranger?

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

2 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Well, they did remove shared anguish as part of upcoming patch and that's a core trait--so the pre-nerfs have begun.

rev. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

give rev smoke field on every build. problem solved.

Will trade the smoke field for the mass evade frames Vindi has access to.   

At this point though, you could take the smoke field away, and probably the entire pet and you two still get wrecked by ranger to come here asking for random nerfs 😂

• Confused 3

13 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

13 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

rev. 

Yes - It needs more useful utility. A little more access to stability. 

In the case of my post though - I was intentioanlly being nonspecific though. Just bring classes up to match others instead the break down approach we get.

13 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I haven't looked so Idk - but I believe you. This is what always happens. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1