Double standards

Every projectile skill can be cast without needing a range requirement.. But for axe thief? Oh we need to make sure you can't cast the axe/pistol dual skill unless you're within 900 range. This kills it in pvp/wvw. It's really bad.

But for long range shot/rapid fire??... Yea cast that baby from 2k range away! All while displaying 1500 range.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

Bows are an arcing weapon which causes the extra range, you can do this on any class that uses a bow and has been this way since gw2 beta.

All other projectiles that travel in a straight line do not have the extra range as no arc. At most its 1.8k vs 1.5k

17 minutes ago, Zacchary.6183 said:

Equip axe pistol if you want range.

That doesn’t help. Axes and the player both need to be within 900 range to the target and have LOS. It’s effectively useless in competitive modes now, especially WvW where it was the only place that it saw usage.

18 minutes ago, AlphaReborn.1567 said:

That doesn’t help. Axes and the player both need to be within 900 range to the target and have LOS. It’s effectively useless in competitive modes now, especially WvW where it was the only place that it saw usage.

Ah so they finally nerfed that. Shame.

5 minutes ago, Zacchary.6183 said:

Ah so they finally nerfed that. Shame.

Yeah, it was definitely egregious before but it’s SO hard to use now, the risk simply isn’t worth the reward. Keep in mind you get charged initiative whether the skill successfully goes off or not, which is extremely hard to gauge in WvW chaos.

If it was like one shot damage maybe the risk was worth it, but it’s not worth it at all now. 

I'm assuming the line of sight change was the sloppy solution to prevent axe from being able to hit enemies inside of keeps/towers? It was kind of ridiculous and needed to be changed but their way of fixing it doesn't feel like it was tested very well.

In other news, axe 3 on both dagger and pistol still can't hit any siege in WvW 🤣. Wonder how long it will take to get fixed.

11 hours ago, krixis.9538 said:

Bows are an arcing weapon which causes the extra range, you can do this on any class that uses a bow and has been this way since gw2 beta.

All other projectiles that travel in a straight line do not have the extra range as no arc. At most its 1.8k vs 1.5k

Still doesn't matter.  The point is this is a projectile weapon that cannot reliably hit our targets when they will outrange us everytime. If you see an axe thief with a pistol and they walk towards you,  you know what to do to deal with it right off the bat. Rush them because there's no defensive capabilities unless u take bounding dodger for stealth

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, krixis.9538 said:

I think you misread the room. Most of the posters here almost certainly know why it works like that, we (I hope you can forgive me the plural on this issue) just don't agree with ANet treating it as a seemingly intended interaction or a necessary evil, while meticulously keeping every other kind of projectile at shorter range.

Edited by Szymon.5369
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 3/3/2024 at 7:26 PM, Szymon.5369 said:

I think you misread the room. Most of the posters here almost certainly know why it works like that, we (I hope you can forgive me the plural on this issue) just don't agree with ANet treating it as a seemingly intended interaction or a necessary evil, while meticulously keeping every other kind of projectile at shorter range.

Also worth considering that most professions don't even have a 1500 range weapon, let alone a 1500-on-paper-but-actually-longer. Thief has rifle, but it slows you down when "kneeling", is strictly 1500 range, and is the only weapon on thief above 900 range IIRC while only really being practical on deadeye.

I'm pretty sure every soldier and scholar is limited to 1200 or, at best, 1200-but-has-arcing.

• Like 1