WEAPON MASTER TRAINING IS BUSTED AND NOT WORKING.

Weapon master training is busted and not unlocking for characters just now playing through the story. I have played through it and unlocked weapon master no problem dureing mother of stars in an eariler patch. I am playing through the story on a different character after this last patch and i am far past the unlock point and still IT IS NOT UNLOCKING. This is extreamly annoying and really dissipointing. fix it.

Edited by Padra.1678
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

9 minutes ago, Padra.1678 said:

Weapon master training is busted and not unlocking for characters just now playing through the story. I have played through it and unlocked weapon master no problem dureing mother of stars in an eariler patch. I am playing through the story on a different character after this last patch and i am far past the unlock point and still IT IS NOT UNLOCKING. This is extreamly annoying and really dissipointing. fix it.

The Weaponmaster Training is an account-wide unlock, so you won't get and need it a second time

Edited by Schimmi.6872
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Okay Schimmi if then why cant I equip my weapon or even see the mastery? because clearly if it was ment to be account wide it is not functioning. It is not account wide.

Edited by Padra.1678
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Padra.1678 said:

Okay Schimmi if then why cant I equip my weapon or even see the mastery? because clearly if it was ment to be account wide it is not functioning. It is not account wide.

It's not a mastery, it's an achievment listed under Horn of Maguuma, if this one is unlocked, you should be able to use the elite weapons? Which weapon did you try to use? 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Padra.1678 said:

What are you expecting to see? It's an achievement, not a mastery track and like all achievements it's account-wide and can only be completed once, so you won't see anything when a second character gets to that point in the story because there's nothing for them to unlock, it's already been done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Padra.1678 said:

Or maybe you're just misunderstanding how it works.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Padra.1678 said:

It's absolutely account wide once a single character has completed it

Make sure you aren't confusing weapon mastery with using the new weapons (ele pistol for example). The latter is unlocked in the new story whilst the former is unlocked in the first part of SoTo

But I can assure you I have done it once and it's applied to all my characters 

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 3

Weaponmaster training is an achievement you earn playing SoTo that allows you to equip the elite spec-specific weapons on any build in that profession. For example, the Druid Elite spec weapon staff can then be equipped by any ranger build .  This does not allow access to the new weapons introduced on feb 27

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weaponmaster_Training

To access the new weapons introduced on Feb 27 you need the the Astral Ward Arsenal achievement

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Astral_Ward_Arsenal's 

The Astral Ward Arsenal doesn’t give you the elite spec weapons on any build, just new weapons. 

like 99% of all achievements these are account-wide achievements and you should be able to go into your hero panel and look at your achievement page (NOT mastery page) and see which has been earned. 

Edited by Tinker.6924
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1