Please rework the Artisan's of arms achievements (kill 1000 enemies with new weapons)

It seems only killing blow using the specific new weapon matter for this achievement and while that might be OK for most strike/power builds, for other builds that rely on pets, utility abilities, profession skills and other things it works very poorly.  For example, if my engineer's Aim-Assisted Rocket damage (an Explosives Trait ability) strikes the killing blow the kill doesn't count towards the achievement even if 99% of the damage came from the new short bow.  If I use a "regular Mechanist build" only 1 out of every 4 or 5 kills count towards the achievement.

It sucks that I have to use an intentionally underperforming, bad engineer build and rotation to guarantee my kills are coming from the bow.

Please rework the achievements so the new weapons don't have to get the killing blows, only tag the enemy allowing regular builds and rotations to actually be used. 

Edited by Tinker.6924
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Tinker.6924 said:

It seems only killing blow using the specific new weapon matter for this achievement and while that might be OK for most strike/power builds, for other builds that rely on pets, utility abilities, profession skills and other things it works very poorly.  For example, if my engineer's Aim-Assisted Rocket damage (an Explosives Trait ability) strikes the killing blow the kill doesn't count towards the achievement even if 99% of the damage came from the new short bow.  If I use a "regular Mechanist build" only 1 out of every 4 or 5 kills count towards the achievement.

It sucks that I have to use an intentionally underperforming, bad engineer build and rotation to guarantee my kills are coming from the bow.

Please rework the achievements so the new weapons don't have to get the killing blows, only tag the enemy allowing regular builds and rotations to actually be used. 

Always help to check the dev tracker since your issue might already have an answer

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Tinker.6924 said:

Using dual pistols on my Guardian since last week Wednesday, only at 80 out of 100 in 1 week, lol...sheeeesh.

Edit: Since I know the cause, just ram around WT and killed all the white none aggressive enemies, one shot counts, got to 100 kills, got AP...

Edited by Nemesis.2019

5 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Did that with chrono shield in lvl 50ish vigil story with infinite rats while watching netflix on second screen.

My comment was meant as a wink. 😉 I am at 1,214 and lost interest after a while. It's just ridiculous and not really worth the time.

• Confused 4