Arenanet please do something about this player

(Name Available to Arenanet Mods at Request) shoots at us (me and our Guild) Endlessly for hours on end on a daily basis at Ministers Waypoint in Divinities Reach, Our guild has reported this multiple times and nothing has been done. (Name Available to Arenanet Mods at Request) uses this legendary bow so we have to hear the obnoxious sound effects over and over again.

Edited by Manifest.8417
  • Haha 13
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 4

One, "naming and shaming" is not allowed on the forums here, so you should delete the account/character name.

Two, this is not an offense worthy of reporting. What are you even reporting him for? Using a weapon near you?

Three, go to your options menu, go to the sound tab, and click the drop-down menu for "other players' unique item sounds." You can mute projectile noises.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Manifest.8417 said:

Again this has gone on for too long now

You don't seem to understand, all this will do is get this thread deleted possibly you an infraction on the forums.

Naming and shaming is not allowed. Report in game if need be, or better yet, make a small video or screen shot, write a support ticket and explain the situation in as much detail as possible.

Here is a possible solution to your issue: other players unique item sounds, adjust this to not hear other players legendary items.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Omegalul. I knew crafting my Dreamer was a wise choice. (Not like I am this guy ofc, I haven't yet had a pleasure to fire my beauty in DR). Xdddd    

But seriously op. Just mute character effects as others told You to do. Using a weapon near You is not an offence.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Considering how many people AFK in DR how would you even know they are doing it to you specifically and not just in general? I'd say if the sound effects are bugging you just turn them off or switch maps or I dunno go to a different city to afk I guess. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Shooting a weapon towards you in game is not an offence unless you're being maliciously targeted in a pvp setting, and even then you need solid proof that person is "attacking" you. Also the sound effect is down to the weapon/game not the person themselves. As many people have suggested turn off in game sound effects if it bothers you.

Edited by Dibit.6259
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Manifest.8417 said:

shoots at us (me and our Guild) Endlessly for hours on end on a daily basis at Ministers Waypoint in Divinities Reach

Why do you spend hours at the waypoint? Shooting at someone is not forbidden, if it annoys you just go somewhere else.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, BatelGeuce.3591 said:

We are throwing a Dreamer party near Ministers Waypoint in Divinity Reach whenever this guys guild is there, everyone who has the weapon is invited. Quip is also acceptable.

you are further proof of community toxicity

• Haha 21
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

In case it's not clear yet this forum topic will do nothing. You need to report them in-game or using a customer support ticket if you think you need to explain the context or maybe attach a video to show how persistent it is. It would probably also help to explain why you and your guild need to stay in the same spot and can't move somewhere else if people in the area are bothering you.

Even then there's 2 things you need to bear in mind:
1) You will not get told what the outcome is. Anet don't discuss actions against one user with anyone else, including the person who report them.
2) Firing weapons in town is not against the rules so unless you can provide additional context to show they're doing it in a deliberate attempt to annoy you the best you can hope for is someone at Anet will agree it's excessive, but even then it's unlikely the person will get more than a warning because, again, they are not doing anything wrong.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Danikat.8537 said:

In case it's not clear yet this forum topic will do nothing. You need to report them in-game or using a customer support ticket if you think you need to explain the context or maybe attach a video to show how persistent it is. It would probably also help to explain why you and your guild need to stay in the same spot and can't move somewhere else if people in the area are bothering you.

Even then there's 2 things you need to bear in mind:
1) You will not get told what the outcome is. Anet don't discuss actions against one user with anyone else, including the person who report them.
2) Firing weapons in town is not against the rules so unless you can provide additional context to show they're doing it in a deliberate attempt to annoy you the best you can hope for is someone at Anet will agree it's excessive, but even then it's unlikely the person will get more than a warning because, again, they are not doing anything wrong.

Its not the matter of someone directing an attack on another player but rather how long this is going on for and that it is a daily occurrence.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

Just now, Manifest.8417 said:

Our Guild Officers have sent videos of it to Arenanet

That doesn't answer my question.

Do you have video/screenshots of evidence that shows them specifically stating in /say chat or to one of your guild members in whispers that they're specifically targeting your guild?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Epsilon Indi.2031 said:

That doesn't answer my question.

Do you have video/screenshots of evidence that shows them specifically stating in /say chat or to one of your guild members in whispers that they're specifically targeting your guild?

I told you yes

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

I told you yes

I asked for screenshots.
Generally, screenshot their verbal harassment, report it ingame, and file a support ticket at the same time here: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
This basically guarantees what you're reporting will be seen and it's how I've gotten rid of people who sexually harass others / myself ingame.

• Like 5

Other players outside our guild in the area have complained about how obnoxious this behavior is too, and have sent reports in

They'll likely just tell you and others to just go into your sound options menu and turn off other player's projectile sounds.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Manifest.8417 said:

Our Guild Officers have sent videos of it to Arenanet

If they have been reported and you (or others in your guild) have sent "evidence" to anet then posting on the forums is not gonna progress or guarantee your desired outcome.

The forum is where players go to have discussions, yes forum moderators and devs will look at the forums now and then but the likeliness they will respond or change things just based on forum posts is slim.

Report, ignore, move on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5