Next weapon for Revenant

Tobias.4975

4 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

They will copy paste our underwater trident in the land spear and call it a day....  And would propably be stronger than whatever they end giving us (some other copy paste from other worse skills from other professions).

I doubt they will doesn't mean it will be good judging by the scepter state right now.

Here's what I predict as in my previous post, it will be a condition based weapon, that does a lot of Mist animations for the skill shots that will be tied to Archemerous, since he is a spear user. A lot of vindicator skill shots are condition based on some form including the Spear of Archemerous which is torment damage. We did see a few animations that look like they could very well be the revenant attacking such as the giant spear and one I think looked like creating a rain of arrows through the mists but, we will have to see.

It's still disappointing that vindicator does not have a proper support role especially since they keep doing their damndest to divorce Archemerous and St. Viktor from each other, and wish they would just fully commit and make it where the spec would just change your skills completely based on your set up. But we aren't there yet. Will definitely give a big boon to Kallah Condi builds if this is the case, probably least beneficial to Herald, but then again the Scepter wasn't that great for herald, who it was intended for, anyways.

The rain of spears thing appears to be guardian. I'm pretty sure the teasers in the initial video were guardian, then ranger, then elementalist, although the third one could also fit for an Archemorus-themed spear skill - I don't recognise what the character is wearing so I'm not sure if it's light, heavy, or an outfit.

49 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

The rain of spears thing appears to be guardian. I'm pretty sure the teasers in the initial video were guardian, then ranger, then elementalist, although the third one could also fit for an Archemorus-themed spear skill - I don't recognise what the character is wearing so I'm not sure if it's light, heavy, or an outfit.

I don't think the fiery one is elementalist. It's either a warrior, or somewhat likely, a revenant. It's very similar to archemerous and even revenant shortbow effects, espeically with the giant spear summoned which is not the guardian one.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

I don't think the fiery one is elementalist. It's either a warrior, or somewhat likely, a revenant. It's very similar to archemerous and even revenant shortbow effects, espeically with the giant spear summoned which is not the guardian one.

Hrrrmn. I think it has too many fancy magical effects to be warrior, even if it's a berserker primal burst. So similar to the fight over whether the willbender silhouette was guardian or thief, it's really a question on whether any of the armour pieces can be positively ID'd as either heavy or light. Or whether they've deliberately used an outfit. I think I have seen those shoulder pieces somewhere before, though.

PS Can't find the shoulder pieces in the armour art on the wiki, so it's probably weight-agnostic. Looking at the animation in detail, the projectile appears to break apart before it lands, which is distinct from Archemorus's spear throw. Balance-of-probabilities, I still think it's more likely to be ele than rev. Archemorus is fairly heavily implied to have been a fire W/E, though, which does muddy the proverbial waters quite a bit.

Edited by draxynnic.3719

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Hrrrmn. I think it has too many fancy magical effects to be warrior, even if it's a berserker primal burst. So similar to the fight over whether the willbender silhouette was guardian or thief, it's really a question on whether any of the armour pieces can be positively ID'd as either heavy or light. Or whether they've deliberately used an outfit. I think I have seen those shoulder pieces somewhere before, though.

Most of the armor looks to be the universal armor skins that anyone can wear. The default one holding the spear is using that universal set you get at the beginning of SotO for instance. Not sure if I've seen that in the armor sets who knows might be new armor given the theme of Janthir.

Update: I found it, it's Rox's outfit with the helmet turned off.

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360

4 minutes ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Most of the armor looks to be the universal armor skins that anyone can wear. The default one holding the spear is using that universal set you get at the beginning of SotO for instance. Not sure if I've seen that in the armor sets who knows might be new armor given the theme of Janthir. The one problem being the necro they showed was wearing a rebreather, and we can't wear those on land, as far as I am aware, so I take the appearance with a slight pinch of salt at the moment. But spikey shoulders definitely give heavy armor vibe since that seems to be a common theme. But I did a cursory glance through, I think it might be a new armor skin for the expansion because I do not see a type similar to those shoulders.

Closest I've been able to find is on medium armour, but that's the one we've pretty much ruled out - if that's a thief or engineer animation they've really gone deep into defying expectations.

Might see if I can find it in the wardrobe preview at the bank if I have time in-game later. I suspect it might be a new armour set, though, and probably universal like the rift hunters - if we didn't have the context of a skill animation, I'd definitely think that set was medium.

Just now, draxynnic.3719 said:

Closest I've been able to find is on medium armour, but that's the one we've pretty much ruled out - if that's a thief or engineer animation they've really gone deep into defying expectations.

Might see if I can find it in the wardrobe preview at the bank if I have time in-game later. I suspect it might be a new armour set, though, and probably universal like the rift hunters - if we didn't have the context of a skill animation, I'd definitely think that set was medium.

I found it updated my other post, it's Rox's outfit with the helmet turned off.

I was just eyeing off Rox's outfit myself. Guess we're not figuring that one out by the appearance - they put all three in "neutral" gear (although we do now know the guardian and ranger).

If they keep to the previews being one light, one medium, and one heavy, that'd make for a 75% chance of finding out next week. Roughly the same chance even if they don't (can't be bothered calculating it precisely, but the first-pass approximation gives 75%), as long as they stick to the formula of showing off three at a time.

Posted (edited)

The only two I am interested in is Mesmer and Revenant. I want to bring my rev out of mothballs and keep hoping for a vindicator update to make it good support. Kind of interested if the spear will be a dirvish ambusher set up or something but guess we will see for mesmer.

The only other prof I might be curious with is engineer. Engies lack an alternate condition weapon so I can see that being a thing for them.

I do feel it might be a revenant they are showing though since the effect is very reminiscent of shortbow effects from the fiery stuff to the way the spear is being used which is very Archemerus since he also throws a fiery spear and has fiery effects. Even looks like Archemerus spear but it's hard to tell. The only thing that gives me pause is the little arrow emblems that appear on the start up.

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360

1 hour ago, arazoth.7290 said:

It's this time a 1200 range (melee) weapon, why this? It extends even longer this time then scepter hit enemies/allies at the same time

lol I was actually thinking something similar as a joke… a ranged melee weapon, except you port through the mists, stab them in melee range, then port back out to where you started. This creates the most camera jerk to maximize vomit output. Auto attack included. In out in out constantly xD

In all seriousness, if I could design a spear I wanted, I create a bimodal playstyle like ranger has, but for all skills. The gimmick being we have a mist ally. (Think the red alliance elite) If at range, and you hit with an auto or skill, the mist ally will appear next to the target and follow up with a melee attack. And the reverse if melee. Land a melee auto or skill, and the mist ally will spawn somewhere behind you and add in a ranged attack on your target. Could be either power or condi, doesn’t matter. Would just be visually neat. The mist ally could be a set model, or be the Smokey mist version of you character we get with our evasive skills, whatever. The animation and art team stepped up their game this time, but even then I don’t see anything like this being possible, just a fun thought.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:

lol I was actually thinking something similar as a joke… a ranged melee weapon, except you port through the mists, stab them in melee range, then port back out to where you started. This creates the most camera jerk to maximize vomit output. Auto attack included. In out in out constantly xD

In all seriousness, if I could design a spear I wanted, I create a bimodal playstyle like ranger has, but for all skills. The gimmick being we have a mist ally. (Think the red alliance elite) If at range, and you hit with an auto or skill, the mist ally will appear next to the target and follow up with a melee attack. And the reverse if melee. Land a melee auto or skill, and the mist ally will spawn somewhere behind you and add in a ranged attack on your target. Could be either power or condi, doesn’t matter. Would just be visually neat. The mist ally could be a set model, or be the Smokey mist version of you character we get with our evasive skills, whatever. The animation and art team stepped up their game this time, but even then I don’t see anything like this being possible, just a fun thought.

Yea I meant it as a joke too, imagine 😂.

Next stream: Since the succes of scepter extending weapons by the mist, we now applied this to spear too but longer this time 😂

26 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Yea I meant it as a joke too, imagine 😂.

Next stream: Since the succes of scepter extending weapons by the mist, we now applied this to spear too but longer this time 😂

"Introducing revenant spear, our first weapon with a 1500 range melee attack!"

"h-h-h-how?"

*video rolls of a revenant stabbing with a spear that extends out far enough to poke at a longbow ranger pewpewing from max range*

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

"h-h-h-how?"

*video rolls of a revenant stabbing with a spear that extends out far enough to poke at a longbow ranger pewpewing from max range*

“Don’t worry, we’ve incorporated the ranger’s unique range fall off for higher elevation shooting as part of the ranged melee mechanic.” 

*shows spear getting limper and limper the further it travels to 2100u*

8 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

The only two I am interested in is Mesmer and Revenant. I want to bring my rev out of mothballs and keep hoping for a vindicator update to make it good support. Kind of interested if the spear will be a dirvish ambusher set up or something but guess we will see for mesmer.

The only other prof I might be curious with is engineer. Engies lack an alternate condition weapon so I can see that being a thing for them.

I do feel it might be a revenant they are showing though since the effect is very reminiscent of shortbow effects from the fiery stuff to the way the spear is being used which is very Archemerus since he also throws a fiery spear and has fiery effects. Even looks like Archemerus spear but it's hard to tell. The only thing that gives me pause is the little arrow emblems that appear on the start up.

Update: Panda actually thought to look for the hand-glow, and it does show elementalist fire attunement rings around the wrist rather than more subtle hand-glow revenants have. So it looks like the fire spear is an elementalist skill.

16 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

"Introducing revenant spear, our first weapon with a 1500 range melee attack!"

"h-h-h-how?"

"Why don't we make the animation and fx like stabbing through a mist portal at a target? Would be really cool!"

"I want big energy pp attached to my weapon."

"But sir, I want to be able to see my Leggy fx"

"F U" 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

When I see the other spears, I hope that the revenant spear will be good, that it will do direct damage and alteration like the thief.

After seeing the thief's spear, I thought that the animations might be suitable for the Revenant, too. ^^

Hope will never vanish, but after scepter i have no good feeling about it.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

When I see the other spears, I hope that the revenant spear will be good, that it will do direct damage and alteration like the thief.

Condi set would be nice to round up the Revenant arsenal options because we have 3 sets of power and only 2 sets of Condi but I am a Power fan myself. I hope even as Power, it has more access to chill so we can use Abyssal Chill with it.

• Like 1

We should have a preview tonight for the spear. I'm not making up my mind, I'm waiting to see and test it, even if we already know that there'll be a nerf on the weapons revenant as they do every time.

Edited by Angesombre.4630
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

We should have a preview tonight for the spear. I'm not making up my mind, I'm waiting to see and test it, even if we already know that there'll be a nerf on the weapons revenant as they do every time.

And tomorow we will have a clearer view of what every weapon does ^^

• Like 1

After some thought... it doesn't not look bad at all.
Seems to handle itself both short and long range dealing hybrid damage.
The real showstopper for me is the escape & leave behind mines skill.

Unless you're playing Vindicator, building some distance from an enemy does not come cheap.
And here we have it on a weapon skill which is bound to be low cost.
Heralds and Renegades in particular should enjoy this extra mobility.

• Confused 1