Worst unbalanced of all the games I've played

Kazze.8405

I am 42 years old and have played several mmorpg and what I see in this game I have not seen in any. Guild wars 2 has the biggest imbalance I have seen. There are several of us that only play with archers and in this game it is a class that is useless. They even nerf it with every update. There are classes in world vs world with a thousand buffs and literally impossible to kill, stability in almost every skill. Thieves with permanent invisibility and a thousand more cheaters. Mesmer that 1 attack, 1 second, take 24mil life from you. 
No, we don't want to use a sword, mace, hammer, we like archers but in this game they don't work, confirmed, it doesn't have enough survival or sufficient attack with bow. There are classes that are god and it can't be like that.

Junk traits, such as the new carnivore and empathic link, now without stability. Either the one who makes these changes has a little mental lag and does not see the differences between classes or he has no explanation.
This game is getting worse and worse, more unbalanced and there are several of us who say that even our adventures in gw2 have arrived. Anet get your act together and do something because I see a bad future for the way you are going.

Sorry for my English, it is very bad and I use translator in some parts.

Greetings to all

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 9

22 minutes ago, Kazze.8405 said:

Sorry for my English, it is very bad and I use translator in some parts.

Shame on anyone who calls out your English rather than attacking your argument. Your post was clear enough to understand. 

22 minutes ago, Kazze.8405 said:

Junk traits, such as the new carnivore and empathic link, now without stability. Either the one who makes these changes has a little mental lag and does not see the differences between classes or he has no explanation.

It was a shame that we lost some of that stability access, but Wilderness Survival is now more power build friendly. I haven't had a chance to really test out these traits in any meaningful way yet, so will have to wait and see on whether these were a good change overall or not.

23 minutes ago, Kazze.8405 said:

I am 42 years old and have played several mmorpg and what I see in this game I have not seen in any. Guild wars 2 has the biggest imbalance I have seen. There are several of us that only play with archers and in this game it is a class that is useless. They even nerf it with every update. There are classes in world vs world with a thousand buffs and literally impossible to kill, stability in almost every skill. Thieves with permanent invisibility and a thousand more cheaters. Mesmer that 1 attack, 1 second, take 24mil life from you. 
No, we don't want to use a sword, mace, hammer, we like archers but in this game they don't work, confirmed, it doesn't have enough survival or sufficient attack with bow. There are classes that are god and it can't be like that.

Unfortunately the design philosophy of GW2 is that ranged damage comes at less risk than melee, so usually the damage tends to be lower at range to compensate. This is debatable in competitive modes where some classes with a lot of mobility can negate a lot of the melee risk.

In high end PvE I will say that ranged damage does take a bit of a back seat when you consider the most efficient way to play is to all stack on the boss.

In WvW I currently main power Untamed with LB and Sw/Wh and it absolutely deletes Thieves and power Willbenders while not being completely unable to defend itself too. It's a lot of fun and really forces those classes to put in effort. It becomes a game of who can react faster. So I don't think things are really quite as bad as you say.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

main power Untamed with LB and Sw/Wh and it absolutely deletes Thieves and power Willbenders while not being completely unable to defend itself too. It's a lot of fun and really forces those classes to put in effort. It becomes a game of who can react faster. So I don't think things are really quite as bad as you say.

But 1 vs 1 in wvw and you survive? or are you talking while hiding in a group? i'm condition-druid and there's not much balance, expeditionary armor and rest apothecary to have more or less decent heals, condition damage between 1400/1580, no stability. There are fights that you get stuck, you hold healing but the damage you do is not high and the fight stays stuck until the end if you fail a cure, you end up dying or hopefully you can run away, if you do not get knocked down or attract you .... If you change the condition-druid to vibora, you do more damage but you don't have much life, nor defense, nor decent heals. Not much else...

There are only nerfs when, in my opinion, it needs fixing, revision of skills and traits that really help. And in wvw I don't consider myself bad, but you have to be objective with the real ranger situation. 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Assuk.2157 said:

But 1 vs 1 in wvw and you survive? or are you talking while hiding in a group? i'm condition-druid and there's not much balance, expeditionary armor and rest apothecary to have more or less decent heals, condition damage between 1400/1580, no stability. There are fights that you get stuck, you hold healing but the damage you do is not high and the fight stays stuck until the end if you fail a cure, you end up dying or hopefully you can run away, if you do not get knocked down or attract you .... If you change the condition-druid to vibora, you do more damage but you don't have much life, nor defense, nor decent heals. Not much else...

There are only nerfs when, in my opinion, it needs fixing, revision of skills and traits that really help. And in wvw I don't consider myself bad, but you have to be objective with the real ranger situation. 

I also play as a druid and I think the same as you. Some of my clan that had been playing for years left the game because they only played with bow and in each update they nerfed more and more the ranger to the point that I mentioned.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

It was a shame that we lost some of that stability access, but Wilderness Survival is now more power build friendly. I haven't had a chance to really test out these traits in any meaningful way yet, so will have to wait and see on whether these were a good change overall or not.

Carnivore a huge upgrade in Damage for anyone who uses, Maces, Hammer, Great-sword ,Horn and any CC related specs like druid. When you can CC spam you're tacking on life siphon damage which is true damage. It is not effected my armor reductions at all.

Theoretically, Longbow and Shortbow benefit from the Damage from carnivore slightly.

Survival instinct is a damage reduction and damage increase  by 5% and 10% depend on whether your health is high or low.

2 hours ago, Kazze.8405 said:

There are classes in world vs world with a thousand buffs and literally impossible to kill, stability in almost every skill. Thieves with permanent invisibility and a thousand more cheaters.

Unfortunately Yes, Its frustrating that they took Stability away from trait which made it versatile. However, Anet believes with the introduction to maces it would be too much stability for the class. Coming to Longbow, longbow is still pretty powerful in WvW, but if you solely rely on the weapon you make it way to easy for classes liek thieves or guardian to jump all over you and burst you down. Maces, Great-sword and even Sword and horn are surprisingly both a defensive and offensive weapon, Whether they have stab, Blocks or mobility these help deal with all the jumpy and mobility based classes.

I find killing thieves very interesting, since I usually play a CC spam druid,. its generally enough to keep them away. CC spam generally shreds low CC classes like warrior single stab on mobility.

Real thing is, when you come across hard matchup in the game, it generally comes down to how you stat and gear your class and what traits you take.

Believe me. I still 100% crit with only 15% crit, the power of opening strike builds are pretty strong.

1 hour ago, Assuk.2157 said:

Lack of stability really is the biggest pain point I agree, Ranger probably has the worst access to it outside of elite skills - except maybe thief, but then thief has even more mobility and stealth options to compensate.

I do 1v1 / solo roaming, small scale / havoc / zerg kiting, and defending objectives, everything apart from zerging and organised duelling really.

Edited by Remus Darkblight.1673

1 hour ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

Lack of stability really is the biggest pain point I agree, Ranger probably has the worst access to it outside of elite skills - except maybe thief, but then thief has even more mobility and stealth options to compensate.

That's what I mean, as you say with the thief, he makes up for it with all the mobility he has and the permanent stealth. These are just things we need to survive and we don't have anything. 
One thing is clear, if you see a guardian, a thief, a returnee and 10 hitting and they don't kill him and they do the same to you as a ranger with a bow, 10 hitting you you are dead in the second. Balance is if all classes can do the same thing, you answer this yourself. 

Edited by Assuk.2157
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Kazze.8405 said:

Guild wars 2 has the biggest imbalance I have seen. There are several of us that only play with archers and in this game it is a class that is useless. They even nerf it with every update.

While balance isn't great, i doubt it is the worst of all games out there. Thing is, your probem isn't really about balance - it's that there is no archer class in this game and by trying to roleplay as one you are serverely handicaping yourself. And the game simply can't accomodate for every single roleplay build players come up with.

(Long-)Bow ranger not being great isn't a recent development btw, and certainly not the result of the latest patch (that might actually be a buff to power builds, the new Survival Instincts trait is quite decent - ofc hardly matters with how dominant cele/boonspam is). And it's not even that lb ranger is weak, just doesn't work very well in the current meta.

Ranger does have very strong builds tho, so again, your problem isn't a matter of class balance.

2 hours ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

Slb has one of the best stab skills in the game and druid gets away without a whole lot of stab just fine thanks to CA and related traits that can grant cc or stealth even while cc'ed on a very short cd (+ with it's crazy sustain it really needs to have at least a little bit of a weakness). So it's only core and untamed that suffer from a lack of stability.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

Slb has one of the best stab skills in the game and druid gets away without a whole lot of stab just fine thanks to CA and related traits that can grant cc or stealth even while cc'ed on a very short cd (+ with it's crazy sustain it really needs to have at least a little bit of a weakness). So it's only core and untamed that suffer from a lack of stability.

Yeah forgot about the GOAT that is Dolyak Stance

Untamed does get Enhancing Impact too, but it requires a lot more from the player to get the best use out of it. What Ranger really lacks is any kind of pulsing stability or multiple sources on a short cooldown that aren't tied to other actions. Can't have everything though I guess, unless you play Guardian 👀

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

it needs to have debilitation? and the guardian? the thief? the mesmer? if it is class balance and besides giving it some survival, as Remus says, it needs any stability or multiple sources in a short reuse time that are not linked to other actions.

Edited by Assuk.2157
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Assuk.2157 said:

it needs to have debilitation? and the guardian? the thief? the mesmer? if it is class balance and besides giving it some survival, as Remus says, it needs any stability or multiple sources in a short reuse time that are not linked to other actions.

If thief, mes and guard are your main concern, then stab isn't going to help you, because 2 of those classes can strip it quite reliably and the third doesn't rely on cc anyway.

• Like 1

There's two parts to this I see:

First is stability access.  I have a rather large issue with them removing Shared Anguish, but other than that ranger has always had the same amount of stability access.  Two elite skills give it, Dolyak Stance, Untamed gets it on disable, mace has it on #4 (with reset ability giving potentially two uses), Druid CA #5, Centaur relic, etc.  That is, ranger has stability, just not spammable stability.  

Second is longbow / 'archer' archetype issue.  That unfortunately is the way the devs have balanced it out--it's not just an issue of projectile blocks / invulns, it's also the bunker/boon spam that makes power burst rather useless now.  Not much that can be done there, sadly.

As far as thieves and invis, as ranger you can have quite a few access points to stealth: smokescale field, lb #3, siamoth feathers, druid celestial shadow.  You really just have to know what to use when, and the golden rule of don't chase thieves.  For 1v1 its more of a skill issue as ranger does have tools to survive a singular thief--but two or more, avoidance would be prudent as not much is stopping a coordinated attack. 

In general, running condi bunker is the key to success.  Bunker is the way of the game now, and condi just gives you more breathing room than power does in terms of securing kills.  This is also a design flaw of the game where damage over time skills are essentially burst skills (due to the way cleanses and application rate works), but you also only have to worry about condition damage only instead of three stats on power.  

Hi Kazze, the game might feel imbalanced, but I believe a huge part of it could be due to a usage of wrong builds, and lack of knowledge of other classes. It is indeed very hard to pull off longbow in WvW roaming, how about a shortbow? You can try Paper Roll's condi druid build (check it out on youtube), or try some cele builds on Metabattle. Just cele itself will make you feel much much stronger. If you are having trouble with some class, play it to better understand how it works, and how to counter it. 

If you do insist on playing longbow,  you can try the arrow cart longbow build which utilizes double longbows. Huge fun, but it only works in zergs and not roaming. 

• Like 2

This is so fun to see when someone whinning about rangers - the class which was developed for starter pve only.

About 50% of all gw2 players plays with rangers as I can notice, and most of them just bad. Thats why no wounder anet gives a chance to rest of players with different classes and specs to have fun.

When you talk about world vs world - all the classes except rangers have something to sharing with group (boons, heals, revives) or dealing heavy damage in melee (because it is stupid to make overdamage in range - it will kill rest 50% of players with different classes rather than ranger), BUT all those rangers just keep playing with their longbow without damage or any help to others, thats why no one has an iota of pity towards rangers (they are to much selfish).

The only solve of problem is reducing longbow damage in about 5 times in world vs world and pvp only but also giving some boon sharing to rangers (core, untameds, soulbeasts) - that will make it playable for group. Btw healer druid is good for world vs world, but you know what? Less than 5% of rangeres plays with healer druid, because they to much selfish and dont care of team mode.

So yea, there is no place in team mode of game (world vs world) for selfish players (soulbeats, untamed and so on), and if it will be changed - you will be the 1st one who will delete this game because of cry: "other rangers stronger than me and no one plays melee so I can`t kill them".

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, Downstate.4697 said:

I bet you also refuse to weapon swap too. The game doesn’t have to balance around your preferences. Also in what context are you complaining? Wvw roaming, zerging, PvP,  Pve?

I usually play wvw roaming, I usually go condi druida with the Paperroll build, shortbow and baculum, although I have switched to sword and horn but still there is a big difference with other classes...And yes, I'm changing weapons...

5 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Roleplays as Legolas. 

Gets farmed by every roamer this half a brain. 

Name a more iconic duo. 

as I said my English is not very good and I don't understand your message well, I ask you clearly, are you insulting me?

In my opinion, I give the example of a guardian, that not even 10 kill him, and I see that every day in wvw, same case a ranger, tell me if you survive the same, me and all the rangers I've talked to, they attack you in melee and more than 70% of the time you are dead.  Yesterday for example, trying to escape, they drag you, to the ground, to the ground, they drag you and you are dead. Another example that you all have seen in wvw with the thieves, 1 thief and between 5/10 behind him and he escapes and on the way he is killing. Balance is when all classes can do more or less the same. Now in Vabbi, there is a pair of guardian and thief at the exit hunting everyone who comes out, and there is no one who can with them. There were almost 10 of us and they have killed us all. No, there is no balance, there are classes that are gods, too many escape options, a thousand buffs that when you see it even scares and high attack.

4 hours ago, Kazze.8405 said:

as I said my English is not very good and I don't understand your message well, I ask you clearly, are you insulting me?

What DanAlcedo wrote can be interpreted as "Longbow Rangers being beaten by roamers is a common occurrence."

While there is a bit of snark to that post, I didn't detect any insulting undertone.