ANET you need to balance your thief hate.

Axl.8924

If you keep kitten nerfing dps and teles and stealth, you don't have a thief anymore, you got a training dummy.

I'm tired of people complaining about this.I used to do spvp and get sick of NERF THIEF OMG he can teleport.

DUH so can engi guardian and rev mesmer and even necro, but i don't see you hating on them, yet you keep making experience worse.

We are seeing more D/P than before and it used to be S/D P/P for trolling D/P and we use to even see staff thief in SPVP with acro jumping around which was cool to see.Now i guess you want them to do what? run around and claim points and roam?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 1

i am just frustrated seeing arenanet casually just wreck things without a care and then wonder why people get up in arms i understand stuff might be overtuned sometimes but use a surgical tool not a chainsaw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

They nerfed  multiple times deadeye and people want it to cease to exist when its built to be an sniper.

What do you want it to be? a training dummy? That wouldn't be fun for thief mains.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

On 4/1/2024 at 12:20 PM, Zacchary.6183 said:

Just kill players on other professions and say "thief main btw". Bad players will slowly figure out that it was never thief that was the problem.

Heh, I loaded up the Celestial Harbinger meta without even reading into how it worked and steamrolled people in duels barely taking any damage from them if any. Then there's the cleave the planet in two Reaper meta in WvW that just makes me feel like a bully. And that's just with using instincts. Their Sword's also so much nicer than our disgustingly noisy Axe since it can line AoE through walls, boon rip, big-circle AoE and leap. There's just so many diverse features compared to our... 1 single attack skill that uses 2 buttons for no reason.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 4/1/2024 at 12:20 PM, Zacchary.6183 said:

Bad players will slowly figure out that it was never thief that was the problem.

Nah, the whole point is to run from "It's because you refuse to learn the matchup of things that beat you" as long as possible. The game will die before they even begin to acknowledge this.

Just be ready to adapt to the new scam once people think that [X mechanic] is definitely, absolutely, unequivocally why they are losing and manage to get it shelved.  

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Nah, the whole point is to run from "It's because you refuse to learn the matchup of things that beat you" as long as possible. The game will die before they even begin to acknowledge this.

Just be ready to adapt to the new scam once people think that [X mechanic] is definitely, absolutely, unequivocally why they are losing and manage to get it shelved.  

You are not wrong people will always make a excuse instead of learn, they always will.Its a lot easier to blame others than to admit you  are bad and don't know how to play. Insert x class here.

People will repeatedly complain until x gets nerfed into the ground and people literally stop playing kitten class/build and the game dies off more every time that happens.

Edited by Axl.8924
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

People will repeatedly complain until x gets nerfed into the ground and people literally stop playing kitten class/build and the game dies off more every time that happens.

Hence you kill them on other professions. Because at the end of the day if you can switch off professions and kill the same people, it was never the profession to begin with. And they should know that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Zacchary.6183 said:

Hence you kill them on other professions. Because at the end of the day if you can switch off professions and kill the same people, it was never the profession to begin with. And they should know that.

You are acting as if they are logical, but they aren't.They are petty small minded and want to win and don't care what the matchup so if lets say you switch from thief to guardian and beat them, they will complain about guardian.If you switch to elementalist and win they will complain.They always will and always have because their egos cannot take losing to another player and it must be the game or they are cheating.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

14 hours ago, Zacchary.6183 said:

This is why I stopped being so upset with weird nerfs to classes. As annoying as it is to keep having to relearn kits, at the end of the day people run through their one combo chain, don't dodge, get folded, then send hatemail all the same.

Still going to comment on the weird nerfs but-

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

You are acting as if they are logical, but they aren't.

He who refuses to adhere to logic will listen to ridicule. You tell them "thief main btw" cracks the argument that the build is carrying you. They can't really complain about profession balance when every profession beats them. Even their own. Savvy?

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

People always complain about thief cause they don't wanna learn and hate having a class built around stealth and running around, yet there are other classes who do it too but  have damage included.

IF other classes get level of speed then their damage needs to be massively nerfed too.People always complain about how people are able to avoid everything yet thief is a class designed around stealth its in WOW too.You don't have to like it, its literally a style type in D&D as well.

• Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...

its true they definitely don-t know how to balance the class.This class used to be:

A: A roamer class meant to 1v1

B:A class to claim points because they are so fast.