Did the Jotun Infusion really needed the rolling tattoos?

Venting here, so please bear with me. 

I've been trying to get a purple/blue-ish skin hue for my character since release of the game, something that is just a hue, no flashiness, no particles, no crazy effects, no forced hair color changes, no forced eye color changes, JUST a simple skin color infusion. And "now" that they finally added something that resembles it, it has tattoos that are continuously rolling up covering the face sometimes. The Infusion drops from Dagda who herself has the same "Tattoos" that don't roll, was it too much to allow us to have the same? 

My question to you, cause I just want to understand, is there a fanbase for this? do people like stuff like this? 

All ANet has to do is to create such infusions and toss it on the BLS, and the cash would flow!... but nooo, it's as if there is someone in the Anet's wonderful design team whos job is to ruin good designs. 

/end of rant

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Total makeover kit -> skin color -> purple/blue -> save changes

...unless I've seriously missed something - only sylvari have blue/purple skin options. Other races are limited to more realistic skin tones (or fur colors for charr, and I suppose asura can be vaguely greenish-colored). One's hair can be all sorts of insane neon colors no matter the race, but not one's skin.

To OP: Have you considered the Arcane Flow infusion? You can get it from the Wizard's Vault.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, Sylvanaz Windrunner.9035 said:

The Infusion drops from Dagda who herself has the same "Tattoos" that don't roll, was it too much to allow us to have the same?

I totally agree on this. It was the reason I never cared to acquire the thing, what a shame.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Epsilon Indi.2031 said:

You can combine Polyluminescent Infusions with a Polysaturating Infusions to have it only apply to the skin.

They should know that the effect depends on the order that the infusions are equipped.  Switching maps can randomly change this.  The game has a 50% chance to get it wrong when changing maps.  The fix is to re-equip an infusion slotted equip.  If they are using legendary equipment they will need to un-slot and re-slot one of those infusions. I think the luminescent infusion needs to be applied last, I forget.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

They should know that the effect depends on the order that the infusions are equipped.  Switching maps can randomly change this.  The game has a 50% chance to get it wrong when changing maps.  The fix is to re-equip an infusion slotted equip.  If they are using legendary equipment they will need to un-slot and re-slot one of those infusions. I think the luminescent infusion needs to be applied last, I forget.

It's Luminescent first, then saturating after.  You'll have this greyish border, but at least your hair and armor won't be whatever Luminescent color you got.

But also I didn't realize it did this on map swap. heck.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I had no idea this infusion existed. It actually sounds like something I would be interested in. Any idea of the drop rate?

In terms of infusions, they're relatively cheap.  Both as an infusion would only cost you roughly 250 gold if you got the right stat combos.  Maybe 300 gold to be safe.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Epsilon Indi.2031 said:

In terms of infusions, they're relatively cheap.  Both as an infusion would only cost you roughly 250 gold if you got the right stat combos.  Maybe 300 gold to be safe.

Oh, tradable. Awesome. Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

If you are willing to wear an exotic equip you can socket the upgrade component that people would convert to an infusion.  Polysaturating undulating refractors are like 5 to 20 gold and give the same visual effect as the Polysaturating infusion.  Because they are only upgrade components the refractors need to be slotted into level 80 exotic gear. 

Hyleck hue potions can also change your color.  The potions only work for five minutes at a time.  They are bought from renown heart merchant's in sparkly fen and are soulbound to the character making the purchase.  There is a blue hyleck hue potion.

Hmm apparently they fixed the map change problem during an EoD patch.  So if you equip your infusions in the correct order the stack stays the same during map changes. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I had no idea this infusion existed. It actually sounds like something I would be interested in. Any idea of the drop rate?

If you are talking about the Jotun Infusion (rolling tattoos). it drops from CM Cosmic Observatory. the drop chance is super rare.

But it can be sold on the TP (usually between 1500 and 2500g)

You can also buy it with 1250 Green Crystal Shards + 100 ectos, but in order to unlock this, you have to do CM Cosmic Observatory once at least. The vendor is in Wizard Tower

• Like 1