"dual wielding" ?

Vomact.5693

Hello

can somebody explain it to me in "arms"

"

Dual Wielding

Attack speed is increased when wielding a main-hand weapon in your offhand."

must i use a 2 hands weapon or a weapon i can use in main hand and off hand ? (Sword for exemple )

thx

Edited by Vomact.5693

31 minutes ago, Vomact.5693 said:

Hello

can somebody explain it to me in "arms"

"

Dual Wielding

Attack speed is increased when wielding a main-hand weapon in your offhand."

must i use a 2 hands weapon or a weapon i can use in main hand and off hand ? (Sword for exemple )

thx

You gain the attack speed when you have that trait equipped when you have a axe,mace,dagger,or sword in your offhand. But it only applies to one handed weapons and the trait is not used when you have 2 handed weapons equipped.

Edited by prototypedragon.1406
  • Like 1

my recommendation... never use that trait.

But it works like that when you wielding 2 of the same weapon (sword/sword, mace/mace, axe/axe. dagger,dagger) it gives you 20% attack speed.

It don't stack with quickness or any other attack speed boost it only takes the strongest effect and ignore the weakest and don't work with 2 handers. By that making it useless in comp pve content as you have quickness provider and is underwhelming in pvp and wvw and open world. If you are using arms you want damage and the other options is guaranteed crits and ferocity and condition damage when doing critical damage. (250 condition max which is Amazing if you hybrid which warrior really likes).

• Confused 3

On 4/9/2024 at 2:50 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Also, important to note, attack speed increases do not stack with one another.

Dual Wielding, Berserk Mode, and Quickness do not stack, only the highest boost is relevant.

Makes the trait even more garbage.

Can't be a furious berserker hacking things in open world i guess.

• Confused 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2024 at 6:22 AM, GamerToad.9248 said:

my recommendation... never use that trait.

But it works like that when you wielding 2 of the same weapon (sword/sword, mace/mace, axe/axe. dagger,dagger) it gives you 20% attack speed.

It don't stack with quickness or any other attack speed boost it only takes the strongest effect and ignore the weakest and don't work with 2 handers. By that making it useless in comp pve content as you have quickness provider and is underwhelming in pvp and wvw and open world. If you are using arms you want damage and the other options is guaranteed crits and ferocity and condition damage when doing critical damage. (250 condition max which is Amazing if you hybrid which warrior really likes).

Ridiculous.. I really liked the flavor of the sword and that trait. Why would they bother keeping this trait as is if in the current state of the game it is useless 99% of the time. I thought it was really cool, now I'm just pissed at ANET for yet another thing.

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Bdecki.7856 said:

Ridiculous.. I really liked the flavor of the sword and that trait. Why would they bother keeping this trait as is if in the current state of the game it is useless 99% of the time. I thought it was really cool, now I'm just pissed at ANET for yet another thing.

I'll play the devil's advocate and simply say that for a player that want to play around alone in open world, the quality of life provided by the trait's effect is nice. And, there is most likely more players that enjoy this QoL than players that play in the content that players on this forum deem "relevant".

Now, this trait definitely deserve some extra effects to fix the fact that it doesn't have any effect when paired with another attack speed buff.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I'll play the devil's advocate and simply say that for a player that want to play around alone in open world, the quality of life provided by the trait's effect is nice. And, there is most likely more players that enjoy this QoL than players that play in the content that players on this forum deem "relevant".

I would counter that warrior has enough quickness availability through traits, skills, and Offensive Protocols that even in Open World the trait becomes irrelevant.

47 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Now, this trait definitely deserve some extra effects to fix the fact that it doesn't have any effect when paired with another attack speed buff.

It deserves an overhaul. I'm a fan of OH weapons inflicting conditions on hit based on the weapon, but it could be boons or anything else instead.

Conditions I'd like to see:

Sword: 2 stacks of Torment (5s), More is more
Mace: 2 stacks of Confusion (4s).
Axe: 1 Stack of Vulnerability (4s).
Dagger: Remove 1 boon, 1/4s interval.
Pistol: 1 stack of Burning (4s). I know for us its an OH only, but it is a weapon than can be in the MH in general unlike torch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I would counter that warrior has enough quickness availability through traits, skills, and Offensive Protocols that even in Open World the trait becomes irrelevant.

Not everybody take all those.

Let's be honest, playing with dual wielding while alone "feel good". It's not optimal, it doesn't boost your dps to the moon but the attack flow as a warrior really feel nice. Most likely, there are many players oblivious to the various forum that just play the trait for that. Well, in fact, I do. No matter the arguments you could have, I can tell from experience that, once I drop this little QoL, I "feel bad" as a warrior.

Sometime, you need to look at things from the perspective of the average players instead of always looking from the perspective of the "elite". Most of the players will never enter the instanced PvE end game they will just chill on the various maps of the open world and sometime follow a zerg with their selfish poorly thought out build that somehow work when they are alone.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Not everybody take all those.

Let's be honest, playing with dual wielding while alone "feel good". It's not optimal, it doesn't boost your dps to the moon but the attack flow as a warrior really feel nice. Most likely, there are many players oblivious to the various forum that just play the trait for that. Well, in fact, I do. No matter the arguments you could have, I can tell from experience that, once I drop this little QoL, I "feel bad" as a warrior.

Sometime, you need to look at things from the perspective of the average players instead of always looking from the perspective of the "elite". Most of the players will never enter the instanced PvE end game they will just chill on the various maps of the open world and sometime follow a zerg with their selfish poorly thought out build that somehow work when they are alone.

Aggressive Onslaught by itself is Perma quickness. (Add a rune like Firework for some QoL) 

Warrior can easily run around with Perma 25might Fury quickness and Stab. On full Zerker stats. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Aggressive Onslaught by itself is Perma quickness. (Add a rune like Firework for some QoL) 

Warrior can easily run around with Perma 25might Fury quickness and Stab. On full Zerker stats. 

^This. It doesn't take an elite level player to have perma quickness on warrior in PvE.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

^This. It doesn't take an elite level player to have perma quickness on warrior in PvE.

"But my 21% dmg  increase from berserkers power 😭😭😭 how do I gonna kill stuff😢

Dont mind me. I gonna murder everything with my trusty Hammer real quick. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

"But my 21% dmg  increase from berserkers power 😭😭😭 how do I gonna kill stuff😢

Dont mind me. I gonna murder everything with my trusty Hammer real quick. 

I mean, is that 21% damage increase in OW really necessary to begin with...

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2024 at 1:54 PM, Dadnir.5038 said:

not when they bloated the access of quickness to literally every class.

they know the trait is completely garbage trash that not a single game mode uses it, but they don't know what to rework it into

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Sad 1

On 4/10/2024 at 11:22 AM, GamerToad.9248 said:

Yes, but it also works with any combination of those e.g. Sword/Mace, Axe/Dagger etc.

The only requirement is that you have in your off-hand a one handed weapon that is also able to be used as a main hand weapon, so it doesn't work with Warhorn or Torch since those are off-hand only.