Cheapest Ectoplasm acquisition?

I feel like a goof but I cannot for the life of me navigate the fast farming site, and wondering what the efficient way to obtain ectos are atm since their prices are kinda high. It's almost 85g per stack on NA right now. O_o

Edited by KindredPhoenyx.8976

13 hours ago, KindredPhoenyx.8976 said:

I feel like a goof but I cannot for the life of me navigate the fast farming site, and wondering what the efficient way to obtain ectos are atm since their prices are kinda high. It's almost 85g per stack on NA right now. O_o

Like the others said, the best method is salvaging rare items.  I usually get 75-80 ectos for every 100 rare items I salvage. So I typically check the Trading Post every time I have 100 rare unidentified gear, and if it sells for more than 75-80 ectos will cost, I sell the gear and buy the ectos. And if the price of 100 gear will net me less than the price of 75-80 ectos, I open the gear and salvage the rare items. Just be sure to use a Mystic Salvage Kit or better.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)

Yeah I use salvage kits myself and tend to get quite a few per rare salvage which seems to be standard practice. I suppose I could narrow my question down to what items might be most ideal for ectoplasm- if it isn't just rare unidentified or even exotic drops in which case welp, I guess I've been doing it right this whole time lol. 

PS: thank ye for the insight ofc, y'all. 

Edited by KindredPhoenyx.8976
  • Confused 1

On 4/14/2024 at 6:03 AM, KindredPhoenyx.8976 said:

Salvaging rares is the way to go.
I haven't done the maths in a while, but in the past salvaging the rare dungeon vendor gear was a good way about it.
As for salvage kits, i always use Mystic Salvage kits.

I'd advise not to burn yourself trying to rush whatever you're aiming to craft and instead play more casually, do some meta events and whenever you get rare gear salvage it for ectos. That's how I got a 250 stack without sweating nor getting burnt out. We're not automatons... 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CelticFay.8351 said:

I'd advise not to burn yourself trying to rush whatever you're aiming to craft and instead play more casually, do some meta events and whenever you get rare gear salvage it for ectos. That's how I got a 250 stack without sweating nor getting burnt out. We're not automatons... 

250 doesn't take you very far, but still, yeah, that's the gist of it... If you salvage all the rares you drop after you hit 65 then you're going to have a lot of ectos sooner or later... Thing is there's a LOT of sinks for those little buggers... The new legendary armour sets being a new big one... 700+ per piece...

On 4/14/2024 at 7:03 AM, KindredPhoenyx.8976 said:

cheapest by far is getting 5 jackpot ecto gambles in a row. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/15/2024 at 8:35 AM, KindredPhoenyx.8976 said:

Yeah I use salvage kits myself and tend to get quite a few per rare salvage which seems to be standard practice. I suppose I could narrow my question down to what items might be most ideal for ectoplasm- if it isn't just rare unidentified or even exotic drops in which case welp, I guess I've been doing it right this whole time lol. 

PS: thank ye for the insight ofc, y'all. 

for exotics you want the black lion salvage kit, if you can get it for cheap or free, and depending on if the rune or stat is worth keeping. I keep a BL kit around for those occasions. 

Pretty much what most people already said. Over the years I developed a habbit of waiting for rare unidentified yellows to pile up to ~50-100, open them, throw the weapons in the mystic toilet and salvage all armor and trinkets with a mystic salvage kit. That way I never went low on Ectos and still sit on several stacks of them.

Edited by Nash.2681
  • Confused 4

I played some RIBA on the silver wastes map and got a lot of the unidentified armor and when a stack is full, I open it up and salvage everything rare with the mystic kit and the ecto results are far better than if I had sold the stuff and bought ectos with the profits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2024 at 12:10 AM, Nash.2681 said:

throw the weapons in the mystic toilet

Definitely do not recommend this if your goal is to get ectos. Salvage all rares with Master/Mystic salvage kit.

SotO metas and chests reward a lot of rare gear. Park at least one alt at a chest in each map and collect every day. Do the metas. There are plenty of other ways to get rare gear in the game, but I'm assuming the desire for ectos is because of obsidian armor crafting, for which you will need SotO map currencies. Two birds--one stone, and all that. If you are just looking to sell ectos for profit, there are much more effective gold per hour in the game. Check out the fastfarming website and choose your poison, but essentially buying coins, gold, laurels, and clovers (if you need them) by doing Wizard Vault weeklies are the best gold per hour.

Edited by firedragon.8953
  • Like 2

On 4/20/2024 at 6:51 AM, firedragon.8953 said:

Definitely do not recommend this if your goal is to get ectos. Salvage all rares with Master/Mystic salvage kit.

SotO metas and chests reward a lot of rare gear. Park at least one alt at a chest in each map and collect every day. Do the metas. There are plenty of other ways to get rare gear in the game, but I'm assuming the desire for ectos is because of obsidian armor crafting, for which you will need SotO map currencies. Two birds--one stone, and all that. If you are just looking to sell ectos for profit, there are much more effective gold per hour in the game. Check out the fastfarming website and choose your poison, but essentially buying coins, gold, laurels, and clovers (if you need them) by doing Wizard Vault weeklies are the best gold per hour.

If you're in absolute desperate need of ectos or want to maximise profit, then yes. If not, I see no harm in flushing yellow weapons. The return in form of exotic weapons is good enough for me to stick to it. And again, doing so led me to  I never ever having to buy ectos for anything in the game.