Untamed visual cluster​❤️​​❤️​​❤️​​❤️​...

zeyeti.8347

Hello, 

Even if the title looks like a scarcastic rant i am here to ask fellow untamed or any ppl who know which options to turn off in graphics to actually not have to deal with untamed pet skill 3 and staff unleashed skill visual 💩.

I have a guildmate who enjoy the untamed but we are some in the discord channel ranting when he use the very "greeny" skill effect to a point we cannot see any aoe near us and thus failing mechanics.

Till anet acknowledge to remove a lot of particules effects from those skills (if they someday do...) , who certainly hinder the popularity of untamed , i wish to provide myself, others guildmembers and other ppl who suffer from the "friendly" fire  with a temporary (maybe definitly) solution to avoid turning gw 2 in a visual exam test.

Ty , have a nice day.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2024 at 1:10 AM, Eurantien.4632 said:

I see your untamed miasma hate, and raise you Catalyst F skills which summon GIANT celestial creatures that do basically 50 dmg.

I do not see a lot of catalyst neither untamed , maybe for that reason

so no one knows the graphic solution ? :s

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Sad 1

I agree that making the skills a more transparent would fix the issue.

I never really noticed until recently. Untamed has been really fun to play in the last few months with all the changes they devs made.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Rather late reply, but I've observed the following:

- Hide Ally Visual Effects does not affect Enveloping Haze (Untamed F3), which means that there is no way for other players in a group with an Untamed to reduce the visual impact of it for them (and that setting still also has a few issues where it will hide certain encounter mechanics such as KO CM greens and both spread and green circles on Whisper of Jormag).
- Setting shaders to low makes it worse.

Since this effect is green, it also impacts red-green colorblind (the most common kind of colorblindness) players more, as orange circles will blend in with it even more than for most people.

Edited by Nivi.3401

I'll pay gems to disable those effects, someone at Anet saw a glitter bomb once decided to make that their personality and now we have to deal with class effects, armor effects, weapon effects, trinket effects, mini effects...

Did they hire Xzibit???

• Haha 1

It's not just a combo field but also a projectile block, which is often important for other players to be aware of. The issue isn't that it's not hidden by that particular setting (which has the purpose of decluttering the screen by removing irrelevant skill effects only, after all) but that the effect is far too obstructive, causing issues with the visibility of other mechanics.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2024 at 5:22 AM, Bastrii.3047 said:

If it's a field it should be a circular indicator on the ground, not a GIANT BUBBLE that covers 33% of the screen and 100% of the fire you're standing in. Anet, PLEASE change it.

This field is also distording the space , it's like you have a drunk vision trough that smoke , very annoying , maybe untamed was basically designed as a tactital warfare weapon in pvp/wvw with raid/infiltration tactics like smoke screen , but smoking your own team visuall is not fair ! 

Yes, too much screen noise. The devs should realize the game does not handle transparency very smoothly and this is a problem in a mmo is all skills do that. 

It is not only untamed, but the greenish hue thing actually makes it worse.