So is it just me or games got turbo stompy recently?

yes, I play pvp on and off and I returned a few weeks ago and it's awful, it's either a full on stomp where I can stay afk at base and my team will 2vs5 the enemy or I get steamrolled, especially when I see them chain dazes stuns and combos onto me and my teammates

it also doesn't help that pvp looks like a showcase of the metabattle boards right now, I have seen maybe 1-2 players playing off-meta spec, literally everyone else is spamming the same builds

it wasn't that bad a few years ago

• Like 2

Ive seen kill times worse than this, around scrapper time, but I think the main issue atm is almost every spec has decent mobility+CC+dps. Ontop of that, almost every spec has access to good range damage, reducing counter positioning etc. Power necro CC stands out the most in group fights, combined with a WB or so.. its fking nasty. You can't counter CC either of them reliably as they pop stab/blocks during bursts, yet they both have decent mobility, so its not easy to kite the damage.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1

The meta builds have too much of everything as others have mentioned, being good at attack/defense/mobility all at once. This leads to a higher % of matches with top players either dominating the builds and completely obliterating the other team or average players being stomped by meta builds either because they went against top players or didn't take meta builds themselves to begin with. Of course, there will always be a metagame, but if that metagame has too much disparity from basically any niche variation you can try, that's too strict to be healthy. 

There's also the low population issue, can't work much around that one. Newcomers either fall in love with the combat in spite of being farmed by top players or get farmed out of the game mode altogether. In actually competitive games like LoL you would practically never get matched by accident to an e-sport team on your very first matches, but here you can with relative ease find top #10 leaderboard players on your matches just by queueing randomly here and there in spite of personal rating.

While the latter issue can't be fixed, the former only has bitter remedies. Because Anet has been consistently buffing and power creeping classes for so long, taking things away will necessarily feel bad now that we got used to all the mobility and offense that was added. Providing nerfs all across the board would probably improve the game but it's also improbable to be popular no matter how they do it, because it's only taking away without giving much in return. And only giving more means just increasing the CC creep to combat the mobility creep, and increasing the offense creep to combat the defense creep, and vice versa.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

That explains a lot

Sorry to dissapoint, but not really. My sustain is through the roof and i keep pumping crucial boons and making big plays, cause my kit allows it.
When i lose it's either because rest of team is far too squishy and no healing can save them, or they make huge misplays (like completely ignoring the fact side nodes got capped by enemies).

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, StraightPath.3972 said:

Sorry to dissapoint, but not really. My sustain is through the roof and i keep pumping crucial boons and making big plays, cause my kit allows it.
When i lose it's either because rest of team is far too squishy and no healing can save them, or they make huge misplays (like completely ignoring the fact side nodes got capped by enemies).

Berserker condi support with staff? I have been thinking about that idea although I don't even play warrior or plan to 😅

When I started playing 3 years ago, I was plat 1 within a few months.

I have only gotten better since then obviously, but I am now silver 3 rank.

Queue times are the same as ever, but 80% of games are stomps. So yeah, I'm guessing the dying PvP mode is finally approaching its actual end.

• Sad 1

On 4/23/2024 at 3:21 PM, arazoth.7290 said:

Berserker condi support with staff? I have been thinking about that idea although I don't even play warrior or plan to 😅

I don't have SotO sadly so have to go with this:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PKAFw0VaYZDMM2H7iZin0ka7G-D6YXIJUAVnC1HB+eaAAA

On the plus side sword and mace pair well on condi zerker.
If going staff avatar amulet seems to make more sense over sage one, but there will be issue of mace not using it's condi fully.
Maybe a swap to axe will be in order, but i can't really say since i have no room to experiment with that build.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, StraightPath.3972 said:

If going staff avatar amulet seems to make more sense over sage one, but there will be issue of mace not using it's condi fully.
Maybe a swap to axe will be in order, but i can't really say since i have no room to experiment with that build.

I hope i dont get you on my team

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/24/2024 at 4:09 PM, StraightPath.3972 said:

This build is feed, trust me I am an expert in feed builds, I try them all

On 4/23/2024 at 9:02 AM, StraightPath.3972 said:

What crucial boon does a berserker share? Some might stacks? 🤔👀🤡