Total hack and cheating fest in wvw

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

If you don't believe in ingame staff and the company, then just upload videos to youtube with respective tags. Youtube doesn't remove videos like that, so it's a perfect way to spread the word.

+1.

When people start spreading the word it will be bad rap for the company and the game, and much fewer will play it, which again will be loss in revenue for ArenaNet, so perfect idea! If nothing else, this ought to get them do something about this huge problem.

Edited by snh.7091
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

dude there has not  been portal hacking in ages lol, sounds like you are just watching youtube videos......this game has less cheating than classic/retail world of warcraft, that game has actual current hacks in arena/pvp and fly hacks, rmt crazy stuff.  Anet does everything in house, this is not a ncsoft developed game lol cant compare it to other random games that has no population.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 5

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2024 at 12:53 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

… did you actually experience it all or just made a thread based on something you saw on YouTube?

I experienced some of them, if that's enough from you. An one-his KO from a Catalyst (28.000 hp single hit) and a Herald who just disappeared. And just for those who will claim that he might logged out, that counts as a win which I never got.

• Like 3

Just now, recipesw.7453 said:

I experienced some of them, if that's enough from you. An one-his KO from a Catalyst (28.000 hp single hit) and a Herald who just disappeared. And just for those who will claim that he might logged out, that counts as a win which I never got.

Back in 2012 i died to a thief doing 1 damaga but the atk rate was so fast that it happened in arround 2 seconds burst and my game almost crashed, still this was 2012.... nowadays i still  can imagine  boons, player positioning and atk rate being exploited theres a bug in some games  algorithm that search to compensate for delay/desync where some players used that to avoids some tricks to be detected when "playing" with the game values like movement and atack speed.

I have heard that some players logout to the pvp loby to avoid kill count. 

Idk if this feature works this way if u come to wvw from pvp lobby.

And cheaters? they dont exist game is purrrfect (irony momment), meanwhile i am loggin in a vm  using gw2 to test this VM passtrough performance i bet i will be insta banned cause i dont use cheats while on a vm. xD

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

My guild has a discord thread devoted to cheating accusations we've received during normal play. There is indeed cheating happening as in every mmo, but it's eclipsed by ignorance-based accusations. I'd imagine a fair portion of the GM's work day is consumed in sorting through garbage reports.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

meanwhile i am loggin in a vm  using gw2 to test this VM passtrough performance i bet i will be insta banned cause i dont use cheats while on a vm. xD

Proxmox? I was considering going that route with passthrough.

I often see thieves glitching into the southern alpine towers. Four weeks ago I had an enemy attacking Bay lord from under the map.
Two weeks ago investigating a contested Garri I came across an enemy thief trying to jump up the inner wall. Garri was T3, all walls/gates were 100%. 30 mins before we had caught the same thief attempting to solo the lord of the SW tower (no siege, all walls/gates intact). I have also seen thieves between the walls of a t2/t3 SM. (All references to thief/thieves includes daredevil, deadeye and spectre).
An interesting one last week, was capping SE alpine camp on home border when an enemy scrapper came running in from their spawn. I killed him and capped the camp. as soon as the camp flipped I opened the map to decide where to go next - north camp became contested - I ported to spawn and ran there - the ring was up and I just made it in time to contest. Who do I find but the scrapper I had killed at the camp next to his spawn. I cannot see how he made it all the way to north camp and be there long enough to contest it in the time it took me to finish capping his spawn camp, harvest the two nodes and open the map.
We report these people to Anet regularly and include screen shots where possible and yet nothing get done, you see the same hacker/glitcher every day until the end of the matchup. If you post their names or pictures to this forum however, you are the one that gets punished.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 5/4/2024 at 11:12 AM, snh.7091 said:

+1.

When people start spreading the word it will be bad rap for the company and the game, and much fewer will play it, which again will be loss in revenue for ArenaNet, so perfect idea! If nothing else, this ought to get them do something about this huge problem.

Nah, I play games that actually acknowledge cheating is a problem. It means they actually CARE about their game rather than a company that plays "government".

Just last week the same thief kept showing up inside smc after being killed, no walls down. And over the last month I've seen two to three simply get up after being down even though there multiple people attacking, Just watched a necro teleport mid fight... maybe these are all random glitches.. but I'm seeing more and more sus behavior in wvw

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/30/2024 at 5:53 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

… did you actually experience it all or just made a thread based on something you saw on YouTube?

Have you ever actually played WvW? cause if you looked at how often people do stuff like kill others while they're in stealth, not revealed, and nowhere near anyone else. It is definitely a problem.

People have been utilizing stuff like the RBL garrison exploit for years to get a free cap on thiefs and anet still hasn't fixed it.

Yes they do happen, stop denouncing peoples experiences because you yourself wont touch the gamemode.

2 hours ago, candytripn.7253 said:

Just last week the same thief kept showing up inside smc after being killed, no walls down. And over the last month I've seen two to three simply get up after being down even though there multiple people attacking, Just watched a necro teleport mid fight... maybe these are all random glitches.. but I'm seeing more and more sus behavior in wvw

Necros have teleports though. It is really difficult to understand what you saw without corresponding video.