unplayable rating differencce

g3 is paired with bronze in the same match.

how this works idk.

played with a dude like 3 matches in a roll

and saw him later with bronze badge

and that's just one dude, i'd imagine both teams could just have completely random rating players all over the place and have completely different gameplay dynamics and become toxic and unenjoyable. i guess it explains the sudden surge of unenjoyable/frustrating/tilting games lately.

what in the pvp game is this

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Small population in pvp. for that reason a lot veterans who know play are leaving of pvp. because ANET want kill his pvp mode and they dont want fix it because isnt pve. SAD but is the truh.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

yup, that's why i play only till I lose 2 games and call it a day, yesterday i played 7 games without losing cuz i just stop cuz I knew it was matter of time till i got one of those matches, today i got what I avoided yesterday, 2 very one sided matches.

22 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

how this works idk.

and that's just one dude, i'd imagine both teams could just have completely random rating players all over the place and have completely different gameplay dynamics and become toxic and unenjoyable. i guess it explains the sudden surge of unenjoyable/frustrating/tilting games lately.

Maybe decay, when I have lots of decay, I wear my bronze badge proudly. More rare then plat 

On 5/3/2024 at 12:33 AM, Shagie.7612 said:

He could have just been decayed, but yeah it's a population problem.
Can't do a lot about it, less games popping, if they would at all would be an even faster bleed out.

decay does not stay bronze after 3 games

Posted (edited)

People saying that it's a population issue, and they're right, but this matching problem is still easy to address. 

ANet should just make it so that the difference between the highest and lowest rated players in a game cannot be more than 300. 

This means that gold never gets grouped with bronze; plat never gets grouped with silver.

Edited by Random Weird Guy.3528
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Random Weird Guy.3528 said:

People saying that it's a population issue, and they're right, but this matching problem is still easy to address. 

ANet should just make it so that the difference between the highest and lowest rated players in a game cannot be more than 300. 

This means that gold never gets grouped with bronze; plat never gets grouped with silver.

I think bronze and Silver can be together though.

I mean otherwise the few bronze will never find others 😅

Edited by arazoth.7290
huge brainfart, meant silver not plat

On 5/2/2024 at 10:03 PM, Lighter.5631 said:

how this works idk.

there is no organic bronze that is not actively trying to be there, otherwise...it was gasp...decay

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 10:17 PM, Pttf.2467 said:

yup, that's why i play only till I lose 2 games and call it a day, yesterday i played 7 games without losing cuz i just stop cuz I knew it was matter of time till i got one of those matches, today i got what I avoided yesterday, 2 very one sided matches.

when you're on a losing streak, best strat is to just keep losing lol. Eventually this amazing match making system will start pairing you with veterans lol. 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

I think bronze and Silver can be together though.

I mean otherwise the few bronze will never find others 😅

Well bronze and silver would still be together in that scenario lol. Unless the bronze player is under 600 rating but I doubt that's even possible (without decay ofc). Only way to get that low is to intentionally throw every single game, and those people shouldn't be allowed in ranked anyway.

Edited by Clumsy.7926

Bronze badge is usually a decay , i am not sure if it is even possible to play legit in bronze. You cannot be so bad that one of the 1000 available noobcarry builds is not able to carry you to at least silver. I know more than one new player starting first season and reaching g2 and even g3. The medium skill level in GW2 is insanely low, there is a big gap between g3 and lower and p2+. Even most p1 player aren't good.

1 hour ago, Bunny.9834 said:

when you're on a losing streak, best strat is to just keep losing lol. Eventually this amazing match making system will start pairing you with veterans lol. 

at the same rate they will pair me with ppl that afk after dying once or twice, not really worth rofl

On 5/4/2024 at 3:31 PM, Crackz.5278 said:

prob this post is 100% ignored by ANET. but meanwhile in other universe .... ANET insta fix this problem.

How many gems is it to change realities?

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2024 at 3:14 AM, Saiyan.1704 said:

Sir, this is Gold 3 not Plat 2.

You would ironically still get a -40 in gold 3. The rating system that is currently in place no longer works for this game. It needs to be revised and maybe be based on % rates or something. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/4/2024 at 4:14 AM, Saiyan.1704 said:

Sir, this is Gold 3 not Plat 2.

There was a couple times I gained +2 for a win and was almost in gold 3. Sadly this has happened more than once.

• Like 1