Legendary Weapon Starter Kit—Set 4 predictions

Frostfang will repeat .
The Predator, The Moot, Bolt and Quip already repeated 2 times, they cant troll us with them.
Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer and The Bifrost one time.

My dream prediction Set 4: Incinerator,  The Juggernaut, Frostfang (will repeat 100%) and The Flameseeker Prophecies

they can troll us with: The Minstrel, Rodgort, Kudzu and Frostfang

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I'm pretty sure both Frostfang and The Dreamer will repeat.

Then it's just a matter of picking the two new ones. Could be anything that hasn't been up twice I would say. If it's Meteorlogicus and The Bifrost then that probably means this will be the last legendary starter kit (as it would be looping back to the first one). I think it's more likely the two new ones will be T1 legendary weapons that we haven't had yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Therac.6431 said:

Frostfang will repeat .
The Predator, The Moot, Bolt and Quip already repeated 2 times, they cant troll us with them.

My dream prediction Set 4: Incinerator,  The Juggernaut, Frostfang (will repeat 100%) and The Flameseeker Prophecies

We'll almost certainly get Frostfang and Dreamer again (so far both times we've had 2 of the choices repeat for the next season box, and i don't see a reason why it should change now). As for the other two, it's a guessing game.

So far, all the weapons included were from the Expanded Weapon Proficiency list, and all weapons from that list were already included. So, it's possible they'll decide to wrap up the list (and SotO seasons) by including again the two weapons from the first box that didn't repeat yet - Meteorologicus and Bifrost. Of course, it's also possible they will just decide to continue with the gen1 set, in which case the pool of options expands to 11 choices (twilight and sunrise are unlikely to end up in the same box). Or 8, if we assume underwater weapons will be last. My bet in that case would be on one of the 2-handers and one of the offhands (likely one of the greatswords with torch or maybe shield).

My personal prefereces would run towards Kudzu (and Flameseeker Prophecies).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

We'll almost certainly get Frostfang and Dreamer again (so far both times we've had 2 of the choices repeat for the next season box, and i don't see a reason why it should change now). As for the other two, it's a guessing game.

So far, all the weapons included were from the Expanded Weapon Proficiency list, and all weapons from that list were already included. So, it's possible they'll decide to wrap up the list (and SotO seasons) by including again the two weapons from the first box that didn't repeat yet - Meteorologicus and Bifrost. Of course, it's also possible they will just decide to continue with the gen1 set, in which case the pool of options expands to 11 choices (twilight and sunrise are unlikely to end up in the same box). Or 8, if we assume underwater weapons will be last. My bet in that case would be on one of the 2-handers and one of the offhands (likely one of the greatswords with torch or maybe shield).

My personal prefereces would run towards Kudzu (and Flameseeker Prophecies).

I think only 1 handers have repeated though

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

They should discontinue legendary starter kits 🤷‍♂️

Spoiler

but these boxes are "buy soto to get easier legendaries", while the next boxes will be "buy the latest expansion to get easier legendaries", so it's not happening

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Therac.6431 said:

T2 = 2nd Gen? It's impossible 

Agreed, since Gen 1 is entirely core Tyria and accessible to everyone.  Gen 2 requires expansions, and I don't really see them adding that to confuse newer players who don't know this.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Agreed, since Gen 1 is entirely core Tyria and accessible to everyone.  Gen 2 requires expansions, and I don't really see them adding that to confuse newer players who don't know this.  

Since they added mount skin and glider to wizards vault, though unlikely, not impossible that they would add gen 2. They may even use it as an way to "encourage" people to purchase the expansions.

Edited by Dibit.6259
Change AA to wizards vault
  • Confused 2

On 5/6/2024 at 10:44 PM, Therac.6431 said:

Frostfang will repeat .

I would also like one of them to be The Flameseeker Prophecies cause that's the next one I want to make. 

On 5/7/2024 at 5:39 AM, Therac.6431 said:

T2 = 2nd Gen? It's impossible 

Gen2 isn't impossible but I hope they never do it. They could, for example, make HoT available to free accounts to make that happen, but again, I hope they never will do this.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Gen2 isn't impossible but I hope they never do it. They could, for example, make HoT available to free accounts to make that happen, but again, I hope they never will do this.

current legendary starter kits require SotO expansion. i would think it should be possible to restrict a gen 2 starter kit to accounts that do have the expansions needed to finish the legendary.

Edited by bq pd.2148
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

IMO is impossible by 2 reasons:

- Achievement based weapons.
- Untradeable

ArenaNet historically never give you an item with a huge collection "for free" skipping the achievement steps. Gen 1 and Gen 3 is possible because you can simply dump gems with gold and buy it in TP.

Edited by Therac.6431
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Therac.6431 said:

IMO is impossible by 2 reasons:

- Achievement based weapons.
- Untradeable

ArenaNet historically never give you an item with a huge collection "for free" skipping the achievement steps. Gen 1 and Gen 3 is possible because you can simply dump gems with gold and buy it in TP.

All I'm saying is that it's not impossible if Anet wants to do it. If they want to do it they can, but it would require bypassing achievements/collections, as you say; and that makes it extremely unlikely. The fact that they are untradable, however, doesn't make a difference at all. You can still make them for yourself after all. 

Still, in the end it is extremely unlikely and imo undesirable. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think they shouldnt have done this. It ruined the market. If they continue, I prefer them to put underwater weapons which left only I havent crafted. At least, I can finish the last 3 legy weapons

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

I think they shouldnt have done this. It ruined the market. If they continue, I prefer them to put underwater weapons which left only I havent crafted. At least, I can finish the last 3 legy weapons

It has been almost 12 years. Gen 1 legendaries have long since lost some of their luster. Gen 3 are still lucrative. Go make those.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Fun fact - gen1 legendaries today cost more than they did before SotO.

Fun fact 2 - there is a huge descrepancy between those who have featured in the Legendary Weapon Starter Kit and those who haven't yet. There's at least a 700 gold gap between them. 

Fun fact 3 - Gen3 legendary weapons have come down a LOT since they came out due to the materials also have come down a lot. So Gen1 legendaries that have not featured in the Legendary Weapon Starter Kit cost around the same or less than Gen 1 legendary weapons.

11 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

It has been almost 12 years. Gen 1 legendaries have long since lost some of their luster. Gen 3 are still lucrative. Go make those.

This not true. The Gen1 weapons who have not been featured in the Legendary Weapon Starter Kit are about the same on average. So those are equally lucrative. It's once they've been in the starter kit they start losing a lot of their value, which makes sense. But to say they are less lucrative because they have lost some of their luster is not true. SOME of them are less lucrative because of the starter kit.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Dregs.1682 said:

How are people still not getting that the weapons that appeared in two boxes were the weapons that two classes received or that received both a main-hand and an off-hand?  As in, there was an actual reason to offer them twice.

Like Predator? Yeah, right...

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1