hows rev as healer ?

so i was wondering if should go and enter the domain of healing rev 

i am main ranger specificly druid and my second char is condi rev 

i dont have much resource and i was wondering how much heal rev is viable for end game content and fun to play ? 

herald does some nice healing, kind of all boons except alac and not bad cleansing.

Renegade doesn't has much except a few boons, alac and healing. It can keep group alive nicely too though.

Vindicator can keep the group nice alive too but no special boons like alac/quickness.

So the most appreciated one is Herald.

Posted (edited)

Just general overview for Heal Herald: 

- Strong, stable Healing

- High Boon uptime

- Cleansing is pretty good

- Very high APM

- No on-demand Group Stunbreak

- No on-demand Stability (simultaneously also has the absolute BEST Stability skill, but it's stuck on Jalis so you normally will not run Jalis unless the Stability is a life-or-death scenario and since Dragon is glued onto you, you have to sacrifice Centaur which means your Healing output PLUMMETS for the instance you need Jalis for.) 

- Only 1x on demand Aegis but very clunky and slow application 

- Amazing breakbar destroyer (via Staff 5) 

Fun to play? Depends. 

The Scepter is not fun, but basically the best thing for you to use. I hate the ally targeting it SUCKS. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Yasai.3549 said:

- No on-demand Stability (simultaneously also has the absolute BEST Stability skill, but it's stuck on Jalis so you normally will not run Jalis unless the Stability is a life-or-death scenario and since Dragon is glued onto you, you have to sacrifice Centaur which means your Healing output PLUMMETS for the instance you need Jalis for.)

Idk how many times I have to repeat this in so many different posts, but Ventari has solid stability. The empowered elite grants stab, on top of its normal resistance/cleanse/heal/blast finisher/cc. You can use it as the first skill when swapping for the empower and everytime you resummon the tablet you get empowerment again. Or take advantage of the f2 to use other ventari skills like the bubble first, f2, then elite to proc stab. The version of heal rev I run has 90% stab uptime and 100% resistance uptime on top of its 100% 25might/fury/swift/regen/prot/quick

Dwarf is just easier to manage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

To be fair centaur stance has nice stability duration + good amount of stacks for energy cost while doing some healing/cleanse same time. 

If you swap from glint press centaur elite skill, you should have 75 energy if you choose the invocation trait for 25 extra energy.

You can use it few times while having F2 centaur healing big aoe on.  You will have plenty of energy enough for stability uptime and good stacks. While you still can do good amount lf cleansing and burst healing.

So you will rarely need dwarf stance, centaur stance covers it. Dwarf stance is really nice for the power boon dps support version because you can still do nice damage and provide stability to team if needed.

Oh yea I forgot this => Because of a high amount of boon duration, you will have enough uptime on everything including that stability !

Edited by arazoth.7290

9 minutes ago, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:

Idk how many times I have to repeat this in so many different posts, but Ventari has solid stability. The empowered elite grants stab, on top of its normal resistance/cleanse/heal/blast finisher/cc. You can use it as the first skill when swapping for the empower and everytime you resummon the tablet you get empowerment again. Or take advantage of the f2 to use other ventari skills like the bubble first, f2, then elite to proc stab.

The fact you took a whole paragraph to explain the mechanics out means it's not on-demand. I specifically said on-demand too because I know someone is gonna pull this to argue against it. You must plan for it, and you must allocate resources to it while other classes just presses a button that they have ready and bam, stability achieved. They also have the benefit of having these utilities not be part of their uptime rotation so they can reserve it for a situation where the stability is needed versus needing to plan a whole elaborate setup.

Believe it or not, some healer mains actually consider greatly just how "annoying" it is to produce a result they desire. This is a huge feature to highlight to anyone asking for the specifics on how a build/class functions. I'm just trying to be as fair as possible here. Maybe OP is okay with the whole rodeo, maybe this one point doesn't vibe with them and they rather play something else that go LMAO I PRESS BUTTON I GET BOON. 

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Yasai.3549 said:

The fact you took a whole paragraph to explain the mechanics out means it's not on-demand. I specifically said on-demand too because I know someone is gonna pull this to argue against it. You must plan for it, and you must allocate resources to it while other classes just presses a button that they have ready and bam, stability achieved. They also have the benefit of having these utilities not be part of their uptime rotation so they can reserve it for a situation where the stability is needed versus needing to plan a whole elaborate setup.

Believe it or not, some healer mains actually consider greatly just how "annoying" it is to produce a result they desire. This is a huge feature to highlight to anyone asking for the specifics on how a build/class functions. I'm just trying to be as fair as possible here. Maybe OP is okay with the whole rodeo, maybe this one point doesn't vibe with them and they rather play something else that go LMAO I PRESS BUTTON I GET BOON. 

I think he tried to explain same as me that dwarf isn't needed for stability because centaur stance can do this really nice aswell.

Dwarf better for power boon support.

Centaur better for heal support.

And yes revenant doesn't has on demand stability because of how stances has cd like we all know. But I think he never insinuated the part that rev has it on demand, we just have high uptime on it which just covers a lot.

So I hope for the OP he has a more clear view how this works and which and when and so on.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, BadSanta.6527 said:

i am main ranger specificly druid and my second char is condi rev 

Druid is the stronger/easier healer in the game the same way as Herald is the stronger/easier quickness provider.

9 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

I specifically said on-demand too because I know someone is gonna pull this to argue against it. You must plan for it, and you must allocate resources to it while other classes just presses a button that they have ready and bam, stability achieved.

It wasn't the on demand thing I was pointing out... Both tablet and road have a 1s delay in applying stab to allies. It's a big negative to the build and should be pointed out. It's more so the fact that you stated that Heal Herald has to...

10 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

sacrifice Centaur which means your Healing output PLUMMETS for the instance you need Jalis for

...Aka stab.

Which, to go along with what you said....

9 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

I'm just trying to be as fair as possible here.

needed to be corrected in order to give a better representation of what Heal Herald is capable of.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2024 at 9:27 AM, Yasai.3549 said:

You have to plan Stab with Jalis too (be on the right legend at the right time) and also have energy requirements with it just like you do for Ventari. And let's be real it's not THAT hard to plan around with Stab from Ventari. This reads like someone that hasn't played around with it much tbh

• Confused 1

Rev has most of the strongest skills in the game for support ATM, you simply have to anticipate properly which is why the skills are strong, you only get to use so many at once, if you flow them well you can get away with a lot of pressure on your back or teammates.

The two things that make it fall short is

• People not cooperating with you, most cases being they're constantly moving in situations where moving does nothing but make healing harder.
  • Make them Tank too much to the point where the moment damage reduction is out, they melt instantly.

This is all with Core to which is really reactive with the most energy, Herald is kinda mid for support, it has good passive damage reduction and heal but you sacrifice the bursty reactive nature of core for facets, Renegade is still poopy but could be better with better numbers and quicker to add on the field, Vindi kills itself to be better than Herald in passive healing but Herald still demolishes in boon distribution.