When does this event become active? Is there an specific timeline? Water of Rhand for the mini-dungeon in Diessa Plateau

So I'm trying to get the water of Rhand mini-dungeon in Diessa Plateau for the Mawdrey item/back item.

I've looked on the Wikipedia for gw2 event timeline and it doesn't say anything about it on there whatsoever. It doesn't seem to be active the time, I'm in game and I could be waiting for hours with no luck. I was just wondering if there's an specific time slot that I can absolutely follow and be there on time for the event?

It becomes accessible when the final event in the Flame Legion Battles meta event is completed.

As far as I know the meta event isn't on a timer, it just loops around. If/when the Flame Legion successfully retake Incendio Templum (or on new copies of the map) the event chain loops back around to Defend Bloodsaw Mill and proceeds from there. So you need to find out what point it's up to and complete the events from there until the Font of Rhand unlocks.

Alternatively you could ask in LFG and in map chat for anyone who has a mesmer inside who can teleport you in, or if you have a teleport to friend it could be anyone inside.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The event Danikat mentions is in the North east of tha map. A portal in the corner appears to take you into the dungeon once the event is done. You may need others to get through some of the traps though. 

I'd advise taking in a lesser used character so you can park them inside the boss room. People regularly camp it in there

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

The  Font of Rhand mini-dungeon is linked to the Flame Legion Battles  dynamic meta event chain and dynamic events, which there are many, don’t have a timer. Check the wiki on the events and the zone page for the first event in the chain

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Diessa_Plateau#Meta_events

you’ll see that the event chain starts with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defend_Bloodsaw_Mill_from_the_Flame_Legion

at max level you can easily solo the whole meta chain but you may need help with the mini dungeon itself

• Like 2

I know where the event is located, I'm at the front gate waiting. I'm asking for the timeslot of the event starting because it never happens when I'm in game. I have quite a few level 80 characters..

• Confused 1

I thought this was a 30-45m meta that ends with the event you are waiting for. Not every event in core tyria is tied to something you can just show up and do it. Like most of Orr is literally strung together from beginning to end and if players aren't there to keep the meta in a completed state you have to start all over again. You need to figure out where this meta chain starts and it might literally be "do every event in a chain from the start to the end of an entire maps meta." Maybe people doing daily/weekly events can help push you through it, but if no one is in the zone you might be the only one actually trying to get into the mini dungeon and therefore you might never get access.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DarkRaven.2685 said:

I know where the event is located, I'm at the front gate waiting. I'm asking for the timeslot of the event starting because it never happens when I'm in game. I have quite a few level 80 characters..

That's already been answered:

On 5/14/2024 at 5:23 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

the meta event isn't on a timer, it just loops around. If/when the Flame Legion successfully retake Incendio Templum (or on new copies of the map) the event chain loops back around to Defend Bloodsaw Mill and proceeds from there. So you need to find out what point it's up to and complete the events from there until the Font of Rhand unlocks.

9 hours ago, Tinker.6924 said:

The  Font of Rhand mini-dungeon is linked to the Flame Legion Battles  dynamic meta event chain and dynamic events, which there are many, don’t have a timer. Check the wiki on the events and the zone page for the first event in the chain

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Diessa_Plateau#Meta_events

you’ll see that the event chain starts with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defend_Bloodsaw_Mill_from_the_Flame_Legion

at max level you can easily solo the whole meta chain but you may need help with the mini dungeon itself

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, DarkRaven.2685 said:

It's not on a time slot. If you need to capture the top corner, then you need the location from the links Danikat and Tinker posted. Camping and waiting wont get far unless someone else starts the chain

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

If you just need the Water of Rhand, and you're on a US server, I can help you get it without doing the mini dungeon. You just need a portal into the last room (I have someone parked there) and you can swim back to the waters.  Happy to help if you need it.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, DarkRaven.2685 said:

I'm asking for the timeslot of the event starting because it never happens when I'm in game

There is no timeslot for dynamic events.  Specific conditions in the zone must be met before the 1st event in the chain starts and what those are differ for each event chain. Once the first event is completed successfully the next event in the chain will start, not necessarily immediately, then after the 2nd event completes successfully, the 3rd will start etc...  

With dynamic events you need to figure out if it's started and where in the chain you are.  Then you basically step into things at the correct event and do whatever tasks are needed to make it succeed.  If the chain is in progress waiting at the starting location of the 1st event will be a waste of time and you may end up waiting until reset

Edited by Tinker.6924
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hi, I've been trying to get the meta going to gain access to the Flame Temple Tombs for a collection (Rhendak's Murk), but the required events do not seem to trigger or be available to start. I have done the minidungeon multiple times before so am really just looking to get into the room to get the collection done. Are there any options to explore here? Thanks in advance.

• Haha 1

I was able to do it a few days ago (on EU), so it looks like it's not stalling every time. If it does I think the best thing to do is leave and come back later, as you may get onto a new copy of the map. Or as mentioned try it just after an update, because then all the maps get reset.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I was able to do it a few days ago (on EU), so it looks like it's not stalling every time. If it does I think the best thing to do is leave and come back later, as you may get onto a new copy of the map. Or as mentioned try it just after an update, because then all the maps get reset.

I wish I could look up how long the map instance has been up... I just checked this morning and if the map hasn't been reset its been nearly 36 hours so I hope someone at ANet can force a map instance refresh on the US servers at least.

PS: This thread was merged from the bug section of the forums FYI

• Like 1

You can do it at other times too. Doing it immediately after a patch is just the simplest way to get onto a new map, which is one way to get around a bug that can get the event chain stuck. The bug isn't guarenteed to happen all the time, and if it does there's other ways to get onto a new map. For one thing Diessa Plateau is home to a guild race and a bounty target so there's often entire guilds heading there (especially on weekends) which will fill the map up and trigger additional copies where the event chain won't be stuck.

If you do want to skip the event chain though you'll need to let us know if you're on an NA or EU server, because only people in the same region can be on the map with you.

• Like 3

Yeah I forgot to say I was NA as well. I think it's because this map is being kept open because of the Jumping Puzzle Vault weekly. So this has more turned into "if there's an NA Mesmer free I'd really appreciate it". Otherwise probably by wednesday or something the map will get a chance to refresh proper.

• Confused 1