Why do you play WvW?

It's very flexible. You can play when you want and leave when you want. You can do something with 5 minutes available, and also do something else with more time available. WvW is the best place to sit in while waiting for a strike/raid LFG to fill, for example. It's also a better place to semi-AFK in compared to every where else in the game.

I started playing WvW before making friends in the format, as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RDBuck.6098 said:

There is no other options to get the gift of battle and I don’t care what u all say there should be a different options to get the gift of battle other than wvw I hate it 

lol, that's a whole other topic, and options have gone back and fourth many times year by year. A lot of WvW players would prefer to not have to go to PvE to get gifts as well but they have to. No one needs Leggo gear. So if you choose that route, it's part of it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

lol, that's a whole other topic, and options have gone back and fourth many times year by year. A lot of WvW players would prefer to not have to go to PvE to get gifts as well but they have to. No one needs Leggo gear. So if you choose that route, it's part of it. 

Gift?

Look I just want to go to some trader in LA and buy legendary raiding gear for maybe 10g a piece.

I don’t understand why this option isn’t available, I shouldn’t have to do raids just to get legendary raiding gear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Gift?

Look I just want to go to some trader in LA and buy legendary raiding gear for maybe 10g a piece.

I don’t understand why this option isn’t available, I shouldn’t have to do raids just to get legendary raiding gear.

lol

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

i like pvp more then pve but in spvp its very hard to get better with a new build and in wvw u have more oppertunity to do so

//edit: but last few month its very unfun in wvw cause there are only groups or zergs .. and i dont like either of them.
Im more the solo roam type of player who likes to 1v1. But mostly there is no way doing 1v1. 

Edited by ZoXLike.9073

2 hours ago, Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

Or maybe I just like exposing shitters like this:

Main problem is, this is an exploit and I found how they are doing it, sent a ticket months ago, explained how they are doing it and they just needed prevent using an item at WvW. They still didn't do anything about it. They only said thanks. Like a joke xD

5 hours ago, Chrome.9841 said:

Main problem is, this is an exploit and I found how they are doing it, sent a ticket months ago, explained how they are doing it and they just needed prevent using an item at WvW. They still didn't do anything about it. They only said thanks. Like a joke xD

Somebody should just upload it on youtube with a bunch of GW2 tags then. Those effective managers only seem to care when things go viral.

The sandboxy pvp nature of wvw make it the most fun game mode in any game for me, plus the social aspect. This is despite the diversity equity inclusion minstrel ball meta we're stuck in, which needs to be violently purged from the face of the earth.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 6:25 PM, Spiral.3724 said:

For me, I have a big guild with a great commander and fun guildies. It's about the camaraderie and teamwork to achieve goals.
But my second account doesn't have a guild and I feel unhappy about the loss of 'worlds'.
Why do roamers, scouts, gankers play WvW?
Why do YOU play WvW?

I mainly play because I enjoy the combat system. These days I log off half an hour after losing to some unkillable, power-crept spec like WB, Harbinger, Catalyst, or any competent thief. Engineer is in a place where you don't have the damage to kill any good cele builds and lacks the mobility to catch or escape from any meta power builds.

Edited by SleepyBat.9034
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Mostly i enjoy small scale/roaming around maps, generally looking for 1v1s. 1v2s, 2v2s+ ect  But ZvZ is fun too if you have a guild that does it.  I do like the sandbox nature of WvW and only play for fun.  No long term goals other than trying to enjoy myself.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2024 at 7:25 PM, Spiral.3724 said:

For me, I have a big guild with a great commander and fun guildies. It's about the camaraderie and teamwork to achieve goals.
But my second account doesn't have a guild and I feel unhappy about the loss of 'worlds'.
Why do roamers, scouts, gankers play WvW?
Why do YOU play WvW?

I like how this has changed from the described question and moved to the question in the title of thread. There are reasons for both as this thread kind of leads to. Again will say to Anet this is why you don't want to look at game features that are all just large scale in concepts. You might have more diversity than you think. 2 cents.