If you insist on adding content that can only be accomplished by mounting a skyscale, stop forcing dismounts or blocking mounting

I am trying to do the Eventide's March story step. I am constantly getting dismounted due to the excessively tight area edges (I have to dash through the targets to unshield them, so I can't exactly avoid the edges effectively since those are fixed distance) and I am constantly unable to remount either making it impossible to do anything. Why does approaching the edge force a dismount anyway? Never mid how finicky the shield break is.

I have rut his step over and over and I just keep leaving in frustration. If you make aerial content then make sure you can BE IN THE AIR TO DO IT. If the only way to remount is to die ever 10 seconds and you get dismounted by force every 5 for no good reason, and you are locked out of doing anything in the mission because you cannot advance at all unless on the skyscale, then the mission design is bad.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

I'm pretty sure I never got anywhere near any area edge on this mission, even when doing the achievement.

Look like a 'git gud' issue to me.

Same -completed the achievement, don't remember getting near any edge that automatically dismounted me.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

Several turrets were located OUTSIDE of the map bounds. Just saying. Overly tight boundary for the player that doesn't apply to the enemies.

I agree that boundaries were really badly done in the most recent story instances, with lots of enemies either spawning out of bounds or aggroing there.

I don't recall if the turrets in this mission were special/different to regular ones, but in general the turrets do naturally let their guard down from time to time, so I suspect it's possible to just wait it out. Tedious and badly designed, but not an outright blocker to the achievement. 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

Several turrets were located OUTSIDE of the map bounds. Just saying. Overly tight boundary for the player that doesn't apply to the enemies.

Should have taken some screenshots and reported a potential bug then?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2