ty for Gharr Leadclaw . . . [Merged]

42 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Just a QoL merchant for those who would like the option. This has been discussed in other topic. Seems there are people who hoard them.

The convenience for the few is far outweighted by it being a massive noob trap to way more other players that might accidentally use that feature without realizing it causes them to lose most of the stuff from said chests. The fact that Anet actually introduced the "warning note" item tells me clearly the support must have been swamped with players asking to revert those purchases. I am also sure, that the primary reason for the warning is not actually to prevent players from falling into said trap (because we all know how (un)likely the players that get caught by it are to read and understand the warning before they run into trouble), but merely to deny them help from support.

In the end, this "QoL" will hurt more players than it will help. As such, i doubt it is worth keeping. It's probably far better to introduce some other solution, something more practical (and less likely to cause issues as a byproduct).

• Confused 3

Not receiving the guaranteed items from the chest is indeed a really good reason not to use this exchange.

Another point I am thinking about is the amount of clutter. Including trades that nobody should ever do.

For example, I can't imagine that someone would pick the single "Bottle of Airship Oil" from the Verdant Brink chest, unless by mistake. Offering to trade an entire stack of chests for a stack of airship oil, that's just insulting. Remove that option.

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The convenience for the few is far outweighted by it being a massive noob trap to way more other players that might accidentally use that feature without realizing it causes them to lose most of the stuff from said chests.

Noob trap for whom? All the players who don't stack the chests, but just open then after the events to get back inv space and simply get that loot? I think it takes a more specific type of player to keep the chests stacked high until they pick from them what they need at the moment and in most cases it won't be the casual player capable of getting majorly noobtrapped by that mass exchange.

53 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I am also sure, that the primary reason for the warning is not actually to prevent players from falling into said trap (because we all know how (un)likely the players that get caught by it are to read and understand the warning before they run into trouble), but merely to deny them help from support.

Support doesn't need any footnote added to an item/exchange in order to respond to tickets with "this item is not available for restoration process" (or sth). I'm convinced your theory is incorrect and at one point, it's time to stop blaming everyone around because "the player won't read what's on their screen".

I still think it should contain all of the rewards the chests normally give btw, but...🤷‍♂️ Maybe they don't want people to keep hoarding everything.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just noticed him in Arborstone. I only tried the one in the tower at first - later only the portable version. I knew from the patch notes that it got added elsewhere. Other locations that I now checked (after the one in Arborstone surprised me) ... did not have that interesting stuff.

The Arborstone one (I think that is not even fully in the wiki) seemed to have different dailies. For the writs. Means another way to stock up on Boxes of WvW supplies (like to use them for a weekly WxP mission for my solo guild lol) that is not in the portable vendor item.

I wonder if the guild hall crystals (now I can get the other version without joining another guild or swapping my solo guild hall) could get an option to be used as currency as well. (Not just the option to obtain them there.) Can stack up a lot if gathering your guild hall regularly. I have like 1.5k of the one from my solo guild ... hall exits for about 2.5 years. Wiki says you do not need that much to craft all the stuff it is needed for.

8 minutes ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

most likely this thread a while back, which i blatantly didn't properly read and forgot about for ages

Fair enough, thanks 😄 Keep in mind that only WT Gharr needs the mastery unlocked, new other maps don't.

Just now, Atoclone.4810 said:

hang on! he's in other maps? by 'eck i'm gormless!

Yeah, but with non-soto items.

• Gharr now appears in several new locations. No Masteries are required for players to see him or use his services in these areas:
    • Dragon's Stand, east of Pact Base Camp Waypoint, offering Heart of Maguuma bulk exchanges.
    • Eye of the North, near Snargle Goldclaw, offering Crystal Desert bulk exchanges and 2 new daily exchanges.
    • Arborstone, near Kestrel Zuru, offering Cantha bulk exchanges and 5 new daily exchanges.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1