Blue Visual Effects in Nayos Map [Merged]

On 6/4/2024 at 5:24 PM, Will.6829 said:

try clearing your shader cache

I haven't experienced this with my AMD GPU (RX 6800XT, R7 5800X3D, 32GB RAM), but for anyone needing to clear shader cache on an AMD graphics card it's in the driver software under:

Gaming -> Graphics -> "Reset Shader Cache" button at the bottom

• Like 1

I've been having this issue for 1-2 weeks now. It started off on Tequatl but I've now had it happen in Dragonstorm and WvW as well.

Having it happen in Tequatl and Dragonstorm is no big deal because those things fall over without much hassle anyway. But in WvW this is gamebreaking for me, because there I actually have to be able to see what's going on.

I did try clearing my shader cache and that helped and reset the issue. But it does not prevent it from happening again. I just did Tequatl and while the blue textures were gone in the beginning, they started reappearing after a while. So it seems there's stuff being written into the shader cache that has not been completely loaded while the game is under heavier load. Clearing the cache only resets that state but does not fix the root cause. At least that's my interpretation.

I would love to have some more communication on this issue, because this bug is honestly quite severe and has been let linger in the game for weeks now.

For the past 3 days, I am deleting all `gw2-cache-*` folders on a daily basis. So far, the issue hasn't reoccured (which can also mean that I've just been lucky)

Was in a 50vs50 wvw fight last night, no problems.

Using Linux + AMDGPU-PRO drivers.

So everyone remembers those blue squares, right? The ones that would just start popping up everywhere and replacing our icons and effects? Well, here I thought they fixed the issue, and I didn't give it another thought... until today

https://imgur.com/a/90XGXwZ

Here I am, casually playing WvW, and all of a sudden when I open my map to take a look at the overall control status of the area, a bunch of blue squares just pop in and my screen is mostly covered by blue

I try to close my map, but then the instant I press the "M" key, gw2.exe crashes, and I have to relaunch the game

...anyone else see the blue squares lately? Is it just on the map, or are your icons or effects still bugging? Let's raise some more awareness that our ancient cerulean foes are not yet vanquished!

• Sad 1

Seems to be fixed for me ty. I also found that lowering character model limit and turning off post-processing worked. Since the patch I've bumped things up to high again and had no issues in metas. I am suddenly seeing way more people standing on their mounts though....