Can Elixir X please just... be a real elite skill?

On its surface, getting Lich Form seems super cool, but like... the elite skill is nothing but other profession elites. I get it, the idea behind the skill is a "Mr. Hyde" style transformation. It's a very cool and thematic thing, very fitting for an Engineer elite.

Could this, instead, have an actual unique transformation to it?

• Like 12
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Langeball.9351 said:

Under the surface Lich Form also seems really cool.

But it's not usable underwater... /j

Still joking (but less so), it's only 1/3rd as cool as actual Lich Form.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Really disappointed by this. Engineer players were asking for years for this skill to get it's own transformation and I saw tons of proposals for such. But they do nothing with that feedback and keep it as an unreliable gimmick.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

After playing with it for a while there are common points in gameplay between the transform possibilities. Like using it in wvw requires just a small adaptation. My personal favourite is tornado 5th skill in wvw against raids.

Edited by GEGEZZ.7563

Posted (edited)

well, we could always go crazy and convert it into a gadget called toolshop granting you a random weapon(s) of random professions possibly in a random element for the case of ele while the toolbelt will grant a random transformation or conjured weapon, including for example a full necro shroud or firebrand book.

Edited by Stalima.5490

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2024 at 5:15 AM, James.6435 said:

as of now "this is a good time for Rampage" get 'nado, want 'nado get rampage /shrug

now you just wont get want you want 2/3rds of the time

Imagine all the salty engineers that will need to randomly get a lich roll to be the best engineer dps

On 5/25/2024 at 2:51 AM, bambi.6214 said:

Yeah, I wish they were consistent and removed the randomness from this skill, as they did with the other elixirs, but alas, it's ANet.

If it was just the  juggernaut, I'd use it. That's a decent form, but the randomness of it make it a waste to use.

Or, if they want Elixir X to just be clones of other professions' skills, then turn it into a kit that lets you pick the form you want and puts them all on cooldown or whatever. I personally would prefer it be a unique transformation though. Elixir X fix and turret fix, let's go.

• Like 1