Age old race question....???

• 2 months later...
On 5/28/2024 at 5:42 AM, Joxer.6024 said:

Again thanks all for the replies, have been a huge help! Currently I am running with a Charr as I want something beastly and such for a "Shi no Zenchō"...Japanese for Harbinger of death, thus his name. So far so good I just really wish Charr stood a bit more upright but then again the somewhat hunched look is alot like WOW's Gul'dan.  😉

The female charr are less hunched than the male fwiw.  For this reason i always go with female, ymmv!

edit: oh, just wanted to add that sylvari cultural armor is great for necro

Edited by petespri.6548
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, petespri.6548 said:

The female charr are less hunched than the male fwiw.  For this reason i always go with female, ymmv!

Counterpoint: Female charr tend to have problems with finding back items that don't noticeably float over them.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2024 at 1:35 AM, Joxer.6024 said:

So, here I am! Now i know that race choice is 100% subjective and a personal choice but just looking more for what you picked and why. Curious as to why people are playing Necro as such and such race.

I’ve got 3 Necros currently… Sylvari, Human, & Asura.

My first Necromancer was a Sylvari… originally I just loved the aesthetic of a dark and wilted looking Sylvari commanding undead… but then after PoF came out with the Scourge, her aesthetic underwent a bit of an overhaul… She’s now a sand controlling prickly little cactus, and I love her.

Next up was Human. When PoF came out I made the decision to make 2 of every class so I could have 1 character for each eSpec. For me, human was the best fit for Reaper. At the time I didn’t feel like Asura was a good fit for necromancer, Norn still feels out of place as a necromancer, and Charr… Charr are just really hard to play as…

Originally I didn’t feel like necromancer fit Asura to well… but EoD changed that with the Harbinger… the whole mad scientist/plague doctor vibe just brought everything together for it. Asura already had lore that made me want to make an Asura Necromancer… but core, reaper, and scourge just didn’t feel right for it… Harbinger however, with their alchemy skills was the missing puzzle piece.

• Like 2

Don't choose, have 5 one for each race. One for each build, think a story behind the look and build, have fun!

I did this, and I love it. When I login I just need to choose if I'm feeling Death knight, Sand Shaman, Ritualistic Dark Mage, Blood Shaman, Mad Alchemist, A fast af boy necro on harb...I pick the flavor because they all good 😄

Edited by NecroSummonsMors.7816
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, NecroSummonsMors.7816 said:

Don't choose, have 5 one for each race. One for each build, think a story behind the look and build, have fun!

I did this, and I love it. When I login I just need to choose if I'm feeling Death knight, Sand Shaman, Ritualistic Dark Mage, Blood Shaman, Mad Alchemist, A fast af boy necro on harb...I pick the flavor because they all good 😄

Pretty much what I ended up doing! Just swap from race to race as it feels...  😉

my necro is  a female asura

My Ranger is a male sylvari

My elementalist is a human

My  mesmer is a charr.This one i think looks funny because he drags his butt across the floor as if he were a mangy dog with worms.

My thief is a Big Tough looking Norm

MY guardian is also a Norm

And my warrior:I actually can't remember what my warr was.I think he was a charr.

• Thanks 1