kitten. REMOVE THE TIMER AFTER opening lesser arcane chest

Yea. Why they put a timer after already opening the chest is beyond me... if it's for the botters, the chests are far away enough to each other to not be able to be spammed by botters... so many times have I been forced to enter combat because I could not mount on time because of those timers... feels bad man 🙁

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I have no idea why this still hasn't been fixed, so many little things in SotO are terribly annoying or give a bad look to the game with such a lack of polish. Same goes for the rift closing area being off-center in so many areas for some reason.

That shows how much they care about the game.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Like said above, you can just roll or swap weapons to get rid of the debuff. Two actions that a bot can do after opening the chest.

MAYBE it's not an antibot thing but it prevents some kind of bug. Who knows. But yes it is annoying

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I can post a photo later when I’m at my computer, but it’s

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Time_Running_Out - a purple clock in the buff bar that stays excessively long after opening arcane chests, lesser versions more than greater it seems (though I get both, and it isn’t always the same amount of time)

I’ve also noticed these chests don’t always auto-loot, I’ve had to turn around and almost be on the chest to collect the reward…which shouldn’t happen. 

Edited by Meridian.4983
adding info from wiki
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I know we shouldn't have to have workarounds, but if anyone has their mount keybinds as a modifier plus another key (Ctrl, Alt, or Shift + something), you could bind stow/unstow weapon to the modifier key itself. That way, you don't have to think about doing something extra after opening these chests, you'll automatically clear it just by doing your regular mount method.

14 hours ago, KindredPhoenyx.8976 said:

It's less a timer and more an animation lock in a sense after you open the box. Takes a bit to wear off before you can do anything.

I tried it yesterday if I notice something but could not get any animation lock to accure. 

I always could immediately move and use skills after the chest opened. Even so the buff IS there for a weirdly long time. 

I could even open one midfight, which is thanks to the new mastery only 1 button, and continue fighting no problem. 

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I tried it yesterday if I notice something but could not get any animation lock to accure. 

I always could immediately move and use skills after the chest opened. Even so the buff IS there for a weirdly long time. 

I could even open one midfight, which is thanks to the new mastery only 1 button, and continue fighting no problem. 

Try mounting up...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Vavume.8065 said:

Try mounting up...

OK tested that. That's true. 

I assumed, given that OP is talking about dying, it had to be combat related. 

Thats why I was confused because the debuff still let's you use skills. 

2 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

OK tested that. That's true. 

I assumed, given that OP is talking about dying, it had to be combat related. 

Thats why I was confused because the debuff still let's you use skills. 

You die if you have just opened a chest on a cliff edge then jump off expecting to mount your skyscale and find you can't.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1