Wall Exploit Alpine Bay?

Posted (edited)

I repelled an attack that breached bay outer, and an hour later without any walls having any damage, I found a thief or a ranger soloing the T3 Champ Keep Lord without taking any damage from it, it had reduced the lord's health to 50% by the time I arrived. I engaged the player (it did take damage from me) and when the player's health reached ~20%, it just disappeared while still in combat. Sniff showed nothing, I've been waiting here for 30 minutes.

Is there a known exploit on Bay inner?

Edited by SixVoltCar.5248
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

we are not allowed to discuss actual exploits on the forum.

so for what can be done:

• sniffing will not show currently stealthed targets or ones out of your range
  • killing t3 lord is also not a problem and one does not need to take damage from a slowly hitting melee opponent - ever fought a reaper? kind of like that.
  • if at any point inner was also open, a thief might have snug inside and either hid or kept up a portal. keep in mind this is especially difficult in alpine bay because if you go for a swim you lose the portal unless you stay 100% at the surface, but given how transitions to water work that is not too reliable . you can also jump with a mount over the water to the docks at the south side.  otherwise you are limited to the inner island of bay, which is not much if you have one or multiple people trying to get you out.

ofc there could also be exploits to get inside, but they are not to be discussed publicly.

Just now, bq pd.2148 said:

so for what can be done:

• killing t3 lord is also not a problem and one does not need to take damage from a slowly hitting melee opponent - ever fought a reaper? kind of like that.
  • if at any point inner was also open, a thief might have snug inside and either hid or kept up a portal. keep in mind this is especially difficult in alpine bay because if you go for a swim you lose the portal unless you stay 100% at the surface, but given how transitions to water work that is not too reliable . you can also jump with a mount over the water to the docks at the south side.  otherwise you are limited to the inner island of bay, which is not much if you have one or multiple people trying to get you out.

ofc there could also be exploits to get inside, but they are not to be discussed publicly.

The player was stationary between pillars as if safe-spotting, and the lord was facing the wrong direction in the middle of the room soaking damage.

I've been sweeping inner for a half hour, sniffing whenever the cd is up; is there a permanent stealth build?

I can say that inner has not been open in at least 3 hours. 

9 minutes ago, SixVoltCar.5248 said:

I've been sweeping inner for a half hour, sniffing whenever the cd is up; is there a permanent stealth build?

yes.
personally would just place a target painter trap (there are some bugs that make them disappear tho) at lord and do something else or keep an eye on the waypoint closing. not like they could oneshot the lord.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, bq pd.2148 said:

yes.
personally would just place a target painter trap (there are some bugs that make them disappear tho) at lord and do something else or keep an eye on the waypoint closing. not like they could oneshot the lord.

That's a good idea. I wish I knew where it was getting in so I could directly counteract that.

And make it standard practice for my team to refresh that countermeasure.

Edited by SixVoltCar.5248

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, bq pd.2148 said:

(there are some bugs that make them disappear tho)

Those "bugs" you mean are probably actually intended behavior, but people tend to forget that it's a thing.

Whenever you change a gear- or equipment- template to a different one (or in build specifically, a copy of the build- template that is not identical in traits specifically), all persisting effects are forcibly removed. 

This was as changed due to bugs related to certain traits not losing their effect on swapping them out (so you could have a trait active that was not actually in your build anymore).

This "skill-cleanup" removes not only currently active, but not finished abilities (e.g. an engineers "Big 'Ol Bomb" that hasnt detonated yet, but it also removes placed traps (both skills from e.g.DH AND target painters/supply removal traps). 

Also (this should be obvious), when you leave the map, all placed entities (food, traps, skills etc) are also removed

Edited by Custodio.6134

13 minutes ago, Custodio.6134 said:

Those "bugs" you mean are probably actually intended behavior, but people tend to forget that it's a thing.

Whenever you change a gear- or equipment- template to a different one (or in build specifically, a copy of the build- template that is not identical in traits specifically), all persisting effects are forcibly removed. 

This was as changed due to bugs related to certain traits not losing their effect on swapping them out (so you could have a trait active that was not actually in your build anymore).

This "skill-cleanup" removes not only currently active, but not finished abilities (e.g. an engineers "Big 'Ol Bomb" that hasnt detonated yet, but it also removes placed traps (both skills from e.g.DH AND target painters/supply removal traps).

while player skills and trait effects are obviously affected by this, i do think the traps should not be and i am not sure that the traps disappearing specifically is an intended behavior, more likely a side effect of change that was targeting something else.
especially while running solo i will swap templates quite often to speed up some PvE parts which makes the traps almost useless, unless placed in a way that they will instantly or soon after trigger.

• Like 1

There are definitely spots you can port in with thief but we can't discuss it in the forums but there are showcases of it in youtube. I doubt it will be addressed since its been ingame for 10 yrs so my guess is that anet condones this as part of the wvw experience.

8 hours ago, hanabal lecter.2495 said:

There are definitely spots you can port in with thief but we can't discuss it in the forums but there are showcases of it in youtube. I doubt it will be addressed since its been ingame for 10 yrs so my guess is that anet condones this as part of the wvw experience.

That's questionable. Have seen more invis walls going up over time in various spots. So something is getting thru to the teams that are working environment. So would still share vids if people come across them showing what and where or at least reporting. 3rd party programs should be avoided I agree. I admit I think a more detailed discussion with Anet versus less vague policy statements might help in ID'ing known trouble spots and skills used when its not thrid party software issues in order to get them fixed. Its never good when you get a whisper on a friends' list saying 'See you in the next game, I can't take it anymore due to exploits. '. That's a bad way to lose WvW players. 

• Thanks 1

No. Your'e not wrong.  I was a scout in Bluelake with walls and gate intact. A thief got in and started fighting me with the bs in/out stealth build.  Killed me and cleared the siege.  A group of five came, opened gate and finished taking the tower.  This has to be an exploit and Anet needs to look into it.  I reported.  Others have reported it.  This isn't the first time since the patch that this has happened.  

On 5/27/2024 at 12:32 PM, SixVoltCar.5248 said:

That's a good idea. I wish I knew where it was getting in so I could directly counteract that.

And make it standard practice for my team to refresh that countermeasure.

They're just teleporting to the lord from their spawn.  Which is where they are teleporting to when their health gets low.  It's not a "they snuck in and have been hiding amazingly all day".  They literally just cheat in and out. 

On 5/27/2024 at 8:57 PM, bq pd.2148 said:

so for what can be done:

We not allow discuss, devs not allow set some more hidden walls also i guess..